Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Yes, when. All Together Now is inevitable.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I think I heard rumours that Body & Soul is looking to a September date. I can’t find anything on that though, anyone else hear that?

They're staying fairly quiet about what the plan is. I find it a bit disrespectful to people whose money they have to give no indication whatsoever to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

griffdaddy wrote: »
    They're staying fairly quiet about what the plan is. I find it a bit disrespectful to people whose money they have to give no indication whatsoever to be honest

Disrespectful is very harsh.
    The festivals have kept the ticket money as without it many festivals wouldnt have survived and theyre quiet as they simply have very little idea about whether they will have an event this year or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Disrespectful is very harsh.
    The festivals have kept the ticket money as without it many festivals wouldnt have survived and theyre quiet as they simply have very little idea about whether they will have an event this year or not

While I agree with you that the festivals wouldnt have survived and many of us were happy to not seek refunds because of this, that doesnt give carte blanche to not communicate. In fact it puts a greater onus on to communicate.

No is asking for certainties, but a more regular engagement would be respectful of the support that has been shown to ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

While I agree with you that the festivals wouldnt have survived and many of us were happy to not seek refunds because of this, that doesnt give carte blanche to not communicate. In fact it puts a greater onus on to communicate.

No is asking for certainties, but a more regular engagement would be respectful of the support that has been shown to ATN.

Not sure what they can say besides they are hoping to go ahead which really until they are officially cancelled is the default position. Government meant to announce plans for May, June and July towards end of month so maybe they will have a better idea but just cant see it being able to go ahead this summer unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not sure what they can say besides they are hoping to go ahead which really until they are officially cancelled is the default position. Government meant to announce plans for May, June and July towards end of month so maybe they will have a better idea but just cant see it being able to go ahead this summer unfortunately.

There is plenty you can communicate. You can let punters know that you are engaging with Government. You can update on what is happening at the site. You can even occasionally post and say thanks for your patience.
    This is a business and yes we all like it and wish it the best but there is a need to treat customers and supporters with a degree of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

There is plenty you can communicate. You can let punters know that you are engaging with Government. You can update on what is happening at the site. You can even occasionally post and say thanks for your patience.
    This is a business and yes we all like it and wish it the best but there is a need to treat customers and supporters with a degree of respect.

Agree with you on all of this. The lack of update is nonsense, this event hasnt a chance of going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

This is it exactly. It takes about 15 seconds to write something on Facebook like 'Turbulent times guys, we're just as much in the dark as you. We're praying as much as you are that things can go ahead at some stage this year and will let you know as soon as we know anything. Love, the B&S crew.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

https://www.iomst.ie/event/all-together-now-festival/

Just waiting for official announcement now.

https://www.iomst.ie/event/all-together-now-festival/

Just waiting for official announcement now.

Writing has been on the wall for a while now. Say once government gives official plan for next few months and there not being anything about events over 10k it could be cancelled so maybe the next week or 2. Surprised POD hasn't cancelled Forbidden Fruit yet tbh

• Advertisement

Writing has been on the wall for a while now. Say once government gives official plan for next few months and there not being anything about events over 10k it could be cancelled so maybe the next week or 2. Surprised POD hasn't cancelled Forbidden Fruit yet tbh

Very surprised, I have Sunday tickets. Wildroots now my only hope!

I reached out to ATN re the above post where it seems to have been cancelled and they actually got back to me:

“Hi Michael, we haven’t cancelled this years festival. We are liaising with the statuary bodies on what might be allowed to take place come August. Hopefully we will have an update for everyone within the next few weeks”

So hopefully they are still working on a line up etc I actually couldn’t care less if it was a scaled back event this year with all Irish acts.

I really believe that if there’s a will there’s a way, government just need to be a bit more ambitious and brave. Use lateral flow tests upon entry and randomly throughout the weekend allow vaccinated people, those that have had Covid and recovered and/or those with a negative test 24 hours prior to entry to attend. Wishful thinking in this country maybe but there is a way.

Anyway, just thought people would like to know - there’s still some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

It's the hope that kills ya.....

But we will hang on to it anyway :)

Nothing but positive news in the last week regarding festivals. I would have seriously thought that NPHET and Tony H would be managing expectations around EP but they are really getting people's hopes up by not ruling it out yet and, well, if EP goes ahead then surely its game on!

*daydreaming sequence initiated* cracks open the first, super chilled, can. Takes a sip, looks around at all his friends, laughing, joking, smiling - a whole weekend of possibilities open in front of us...this is actually happening :cool:

How are people feeling now about the Aug BHW? For the first time in weeks, I'm a bit, pessimistic folks. The leaked guidelines do not fill me with much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

I'd sort of made my peace with the early August BH being too soon. Still have the tickets mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

How are people feeling now about the Aug BHW? For the first time in weeks, I'm a bit, pessimistic folks. The leaked guidelines do not fill me with much hope.

Hmmm...was hopeful, and I'm jumping the gun here, but I was under the impression that "pilot" events would be taking place in June. Now, it appears to me, again jumping the gun, that the leaked stuff suggests crowds of what I would deem to be pilot events in August?????
    The news suggests that they're tickled pink with themselves about the very positive stuff that's going to be announced. If it's what's leaked, I'll be asking myself what they're taking.

Going back a step, I would have thought that ATN would have been a wonderful pilot event; 20k people, many, many who have been vaccinated...so, show your cert, or whatever, in one queue, or get tested in the other queue, much like customs. It would have been a pretty damn good pilot to show how things would go for the E...cough cough...P event 1 month later.

I fear it'll be all smiles tonight with them saying that look it here, you can now go and get a burger and chips in the hotel and a pint with a mate outside--we're rocking and rolling. There'll be lip service to the real entertainment business. I hope to G I'm wrong and have to apologise here later.

Seems from speculation so far capacity is 5,000 or 25% of capacity whichever is smaller. Croke Park which can hold 80k only able to have 5k. Not sure what specific capacity would be for outdoor venues but will be a max of 5k anyway which would be no good.

Going back a step, I would have thought that ATN would have been a wonderful pilot event; 20k people, many, many who have been vaccinated...so, show your cert, or whatever, in one queue, or get tested in the other queue, much like customs. It would have been a pretty damn good pilot to show how things would go for the E...cough cough...P event 1 month later.

Sure this would have been far too forward-thinking and too ambitious :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Surely the main acts at least would want to know if it's going ahead at this stage.

If not they could look at filling in a slot at a festival in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

5,000 - 10,000 will be the max at outdoor events this summer - surely this will rule out ATN?

I want to start making alternative plans for that BHW - when do you think a formal announcement will be made either way?

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

5,000 - 10,000 will be the max at outdoor events this summer - surely this will rule out ATN?

I want to start making alternative plans for that BHW - when do you think a formal announcement will be made either way?

8 weeks to go from this weekend. Would think within at least 4-6 weeks to go it would have to be cancelled if it's unclear it can go ahead.

Wildroots still have about 1,000 tickets left I think. Capped at 10k and two weeks later, it’s my backup plan. They have a full line up too, complete with a comedy line up and a dance tent!

Seeing as there's only the 1 bank holiday between July and end of September on August bank holiday weekend wonder does them mean ATN not going ahead? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4422231847862606&id=897021763716983&fs=0&focus_composer=0

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Sherlock wha'?!?

I'm resigned to it not going ahead at this stage but kinda wish they'd get off the fence.

I’ll ping “Alan” a little email “inquiring” about that weekend.

I’ll ping “Alan” a little email “inquiring” about that weekend.

"Do you have a slot for a party of 10,000?"

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Sherlock wha'?!?

I'm resigned to it not going ahead at this stage but kinda wish they'd get off the fence.

Yeah it's the uncertainty which is most frustrating at this stage. At least people could make other plans if it's definitely not going ahead

• Advertisement

"Do you have a slot for a party of 10,000?"

:D

“Any special requests?”
    “Dance tent please”

Advertisement