Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Any recommendations regarding camper van hiring companies?
    Have gotten quotes from bunk campers (Dublin) and lazy campers (wicklow). For 2 people its expensive, between 4 it's quite reasonable. A few places in the west seem to be a little cheaper. I'm based in Cork but unfortunately not many options down here which is a pity as Curraghmore House is such a handy trip from here. Would you stay in a hotel and use shuttle again or look at other options? All I know is I'm done with camping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did you have to buy all tickets in one go? Trying to get a campervan ticket (I'm assuming it's a separate lower price) but when I follow the link I just get the page showing times of presale, general sale etc. I bought 2 general tickets the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Synode wrote: »
    Did you have to buy all tickets in one go? Trying to get a campervan ticket (I'm assuming it's a separate lower price) but when I follow the link I just get the page showing times of presale, general sale etc. I bought 2 general tickets the other day

You'd have had to sue the same link again I'd assume, but general sale just started so you should be able to get them now through Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

how quickly did campervan/caravan tickets sell out last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Dont know that they did as there was room for more in camper field, maybe they have a limit.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, I'm done with the camping too but the alternatives are too expensive to take the gamble at this stage without any acts being announced. Overall, there wasn't enough of what I like there this year.

I'd nearly go back to EP. While the crowd is different there with more than its fair share of eejits at least there's enough on the line-up to keep you going through the weekend and give you the sense of some value for your euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pretty quickly. I had one and a load of people were looking from them from early on.

mrk75 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done with the camping too but the alternatives are too expensive to take the gamble at this stage without any acts being announced. Overall, there wasn't enough of what I like there this year.

I'd nearly go back to EP. While the crowd is different there with more than its fair share of eejits at least there's enough on the line-up to keep you going through the weekend and give you the sense of some value for your euro...

Looking at stage time announcements for EP they really put on a consistently excellent line up. Also accommodation options around stradbally seem to be that bit better. For non campers its arguable EP is the better bet. But personally I have found more than enough in both ATN line ups to keep me happy for the weekend and in general the grounds and atmosphere are a bit ahead of EP. 2 great options though in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

WM18 wrote: »
    Dont know that they did as there was room for more in camper field, maybe they have a limit.....

They sold out the first if i remember and it was soon enough after going on sale,i bought myself one last week just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Surely it makes sense that a festival with 60,000 is going to have more depth than a festival with 20,000. Three times the money to spend on acts. Attempting to compare the two festivals in terms of music is pointless. To get a headliner of The National who headlined Szieget, Mad Cool etc. Music wise ATN has been shooting above its means. Ideally compare to B&S or something like GreenMan in UK. But trying to compare music depth between two festivals of vastly different size. The bigger will obviously have more depth

• Advertisement

Surely it makes sense that a festival with 60,000 is going to have more depth than a festival with 20,000. Three times the money to spend on acts. Attempting to compare the two festivals in terms of music is pointless. To get a headliner of The National who headlined Szieget, Mad Cool etc. Music wise ATN has been shooting above its means. Ideally compare to B&S or something like GreenMan in UK. But trying to compare music depth between two festivals of vastly different size. The bigger will obviously have more depth
    All valid points. I suppose for most people it's a case of going to one or the other seeing as they are only 4 weeks apart. Plus from a punters point of view the cost of attending is essentially the same. Obviously you have to factor in the extra money EP has to spend on acts but on some levels it's understandable to compare the festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, it just comes down to whether you plump for smaller and more chilled but with less choice or more choice but bigger and rowdier crowds...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ahh shur i'll go again ! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Got a campervan ticket
    Need to sort a campervan :D

Are they very difficult to get used to driving? i.e. A 2/4 berth one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mojesius wrote: »
    Got a campervan ticket
    Need to sort a campervan :D

Are they very difficult to get used to driving? i.e. A 2/4 berth one?

Same as a Transit van ... easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Used this guy before in Athy to rent a caravan. Sound man to deal with. Fair with his prices.

https://www.facebook.com/caravanhireireland.caravanhireireland

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

A buddy is wondering about public transport options from Kilkenny.

Any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I've mates considering going back to the picnic cause of the hassle with traffic etc. at ATN

But I've told them to consider this
    The time queing through security a few times a day
    No free flow
    The time to walk back to yer tent
    The time spent putting up with ****heads about the place (not always avoidable)
    Time putting up cringworthy corporate crap
    Time finding people

It almost adds up to the amount of time we spent stuck in our cars....almost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hope they have more seating/chill out areas next year. Wasn't enough this year at all. The picnic, in particular Body & Soul area do it brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

went to get tickets on ticket master. surely they're not all gone already?

EDIT*
    Ignore me. I'm a muppet. need to select the €220 tickets.. why even list the €208's??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

have the caravan/camper tickets sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seem to be unavailable at the moment anyway yeah.
    maybe try again in a few hours, sometimes tickets for things are released in allocation blocks for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

I know a bit early to asking this but if anyone has a caravan/car pass either family or general that they are selling please consider me

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Just back from EP. ATN still has the edge for me. I was caught in the ridiculous queue this year so not like I’d a smooth run. It’s the walls of people that kill me at EP. Wont say all but security could be a bit harsh. Saw them in action a few times over the weekend and glad I wasn’t on receiving end. The alcohol free flow policy too is another big bonus for atn. Saved me a fortune. Ended up in green car park and wanted red. Met friends who wanted green but got red. Bit of a pain. Clocked up 56km since fri morn!

ab4248 wrote: »
    Just back from EP. ATN still has the edge for me. I was caught in the ridiculous queue this year so not like I’d a smooth run. It’s the walls of people that kill me at EP. Wont say all but security could be a bit harsh. Saw them in action a few times over the weekend and glad I wasn’t on receiving end. The alcohol free flow policy too is another big bonus for atn. Saved me a fortune. Ended up in green car park and wanted red. Met friends who wanted green but got red. Bit of a pain. Clocked up 56km since fri morn!
    One of the things I liked most about ATN this year was arriving at a gig as it started and still having a great spot to watch it, sat down on hill at the main stage for a few, walked to the side to get as close to the front as you wanted for others, great comfort in not being at the back of a massive crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

bulbymc wrote: »
    have the caravan/camper tickets sold out already?

It says limited availability on it now but cant buy them id say they are sold out already they were the first to go last year

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I have heard that they wont get planning at this years capacity and will have to scale back a little, to year 1 capacity or to 20k I don't know but it's from a reliable source. I think that's the correct decision to make and probably the reason they've increased ticket prices. I wasnt at year 1 but found this year to be busier that I expected so a reduction of 5k is good in my mind. It allows them to nail the logistics for a few years before attempting to scale up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

ab4248 wrote: »

Seriously? Surely your monitor/app was picking up you dancing :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Seriously? Surely your monitor/app was picking up you dancing :pac:?

Could be part of it : D Although I’m pretty sure in the evenings I was afraid to move my legs at all : p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 FL11

It says limited availability on it now but cant buy them id say they are sold out already they were the first to go last year

It says now they are sold out.
    I presume there is no further releases on Campervan tickets?

Advertisement