Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Limerick City

• 22-08-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking for a dentist in Limerick City. As I have an actual aversion to dental pain, I need a gentle one. Any recommendations?

It would be great if they took payment in installments. I need to have a rear tooth removed, and it won't be done locally so I need to be able to pay in installments if I intend on getting it done. Don't even know if this is possible, but any advice would be welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 73hdkgo

I'd recommend Katarzyna Boron next to Abbeygrove Surgery on Sir.Harry's Mall. Stays open late afternoons and very reasonable. I can provide phone number if you need it, as quick scan on Google doesn't seem to have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That'd be great, can't find anything on Google myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Alexandra Dental on O'Connell Ave.

My wife had a deep fear of dentists and they were really fantastic with her.

Couldn't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

davo2001 wrote: »
    Alexandra Dental on O'Connell Ave.

My wife had a deep fear of dentists and they were really fantastic with her.

Couldn't recommend them enough.

I go to this crowd as well and have had good experiences.

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, Alexandra Dental don't put people under for removals, so they're out. Got back to me right quick though! Gonna chance the Abbeygrove one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think local anaesthetic is the norm these days for fillings and extractions. An injection is made into the gum which numbs the particular part of the mouth where the tooth is located.

Aye, they've tried that previously. 5 injections and I was still feeling the pain. I'm ginger so that might have something to do with it. Nearly any other pain I can endure, just not my teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Wallace dental in Dooradoyle they sedated a friend of mine who was absolutely petrified of the dentist.
    Highly recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Aye, they've tried that previously. 5 injections and I was still feeling the pain. I'm ginger so that might have something to do with it. Nearly any other pain I can endure, just not my teeth.
    Oh. that's surprising! Did the dentist you attended offer or suggest an alternative to injection. I think, in the past, Chloroform gas was used when performing extractions.

The only other option was a surgical extraction, but it's never on site. Had it on another one years ago, but I was a Garda at the time with Medical Aid, day trip to Aut Even in Kilkenny, signed 2 forms and didn't have to put my hand into my pocket at all. Now, having to pay for it myself (because health insurance no longer covers dental, but I'm grand if I get pregnant or have a child, which as a male won't happen) it's quite expensive! Which is why I need a finance package.

Edit: Wallace Dental above have an option of IV sedation, but it's €220 on top of the cost of extraction... That might work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement