Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query regarding loan application

Options
  • 22-08-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a question about an online loan application I submitted Sunday night. I got notification Monday to say it was received. I heard nothing more so I phoned on Tuesday and was told the underwriters were looking at it. I called again Wednesday as still no communication to be told underwriters had a couple of questions to which I provided answers. Was told would here something in 24 hours most likely so I called again and am told it will take another 24 hours that's 5 days. My query is a week the usual to give or not provisional approval as I am being told other financial institutions are giving quicker response. I am with BOI since I was a child - 30+ years, have a permanent job, as does my husband, good credit history so am just frustrated with the length of time this takes. Going into the branch was actually much more straight forward. Thank you for your time.
    Kind Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Marzie,

Thanks for reaching out to us, it's nice to hear from you.

When you apply for a loan there are number of factors taken into consideration so time-frames can very. The loan type and complexity can also affect the time frame so it can be difficult to estimate. We do understand that it can be frustrating to wait but our lending team and underwriters will work as quickly as they can to get a decision for you.

We would expect you to hear back from them very soon if it's been a few days. We would recommend that you keep an eye on your emails for any updates. Make sure you check your spam/junk folders as well as sometimes our emails get sent there.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement