Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furnishing a house

Options
  • 22-08-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

I've trawled some threads looking for suggestions but maby it might be of help to have a thread with suggestions of where good deals can be gotten when furnishing a new or secondhand house other than the usuals eg IKEA harvey norman, powercity ect. I've had mixed results with the above eg buying bed mattress kitchen table and couch before in HN and best the sales guy was doing was €200 off a 4k purchase, gotta be more than 5% discount in that!

Some that I have used and found good deals from compared to are below, feel free to add

TVs Audio ect: Richersounds.ie - they have a sub forum on boards where you can ask info ect, located in Belfast but deliver to the south, and also offer 6 year warrantys on a lot of stock. Guys are very helpful either ways and ive had a good few prices beaten by 100s compared to local bricks and mortar.

Beds, Mattresses,furniture: Bigmicky.ie - Also has a section on boards, located in longford and delivers, again will do you a good deal and very helpfull

Appliances: Dalzells / armaghelectrical.com - been awhile since I used these, located in Armagh, but picked up a fridge going back and again a few hundred less than powercity at the time including delivery.

Appliances: appliancesdirect.co.uk - UK based but delivers, have gotten good deals on electric fires and cooker hobs from here. Brexit may be a concern if you ever have an issue and need to return for warranty purposes, but weak sterling at the minute might tempt for smaller purchases

As a side note, I've heard of people mentioning navan as the furniture capital of ireland but never noticed anywhere specific when passing through. I see the beechmount park seems to have a few shops but is there anywhere or one in specific that's good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Go to the weekly auction rooms and buy what you need. You can replace it at your leisure as funds become available.

Advertisement