Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

If anyone has a presale code I will be forever in your debt if you could PM me!

EDIT: Sorted thanks <3

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Completely mixed up the days for presale and saw that standing was all gone on the presale by the time I noticed. I assume there will still be a good chunk of standing available on general sale Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Completely mixed up the days for presale and saw that standing was all gone on the presale by the time I noticed. I assume there will still be a good chunk of standing available on general sale Friday?
    100%

Standing could sell out, but I'd be surprised if it did straight away. Be online Friday morning and you'll be sorted.

Flaked on the new album yesterday. Found it so-so to be honest. First half is great - I like my Slipknot with poppy melodies, that's always been a part of them to me - but the second half blurred together and became Slipknot-by-the-numbers.

Never been an album band for me, anyway. It's also too bloody long. It clocks in at over an hour, like too many other albums nowadays. Slipknot should only need 40 minutes to put their point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticket got
    Bloody €81.15 and they try and make you buy one of those collectors tickets on top of that **** off TM

2015 was only €69.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Ah what?! F*cking 3Plus app told me presale wasn't til tomorrow, standing gone already?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Testament1 wrote: »
    Ah what?! F*cking 3Plus app told me presale wasn't til tomorrow, standing gone already?!

Mine too, I only realised that it was today as someone posted in another forum that they had gotten a ticket.

Testament1 wrote: »

I think that's what must have threw me off aswell. Had it in my head it was tomorrow too. Only when I came on here and saw standing presale was sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭lucalux

I have a presale code for the gig if its any use to anyone, just PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

The allocated standing must have been pathetic for the presale. I was looking at 10.30 this morning. Nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Still plenty of standing left for album presale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

3plus still won't even let me access presale yet through the app, still saying it's tomorrow.
    Oh well, they should be handy enough to pick up Friday morn hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

xpletiv wrote: »
    The allocated standing must have been pathetic for the presale. I was looking at 10.30 this morning. Nothing there.
    Good. It's still just a fancy mobile network advantage we don't all have access to. Most of those tickets belong to general release :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Have my two tickets, was at the one with Korn 5 years ago and it was mental.

Love Slipknot, mostly for the first two albums but they have the odd banger here and there throughout the rest.

Very excited so I am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Couldn’t think of a worse place to go see a gig tbh surely you could go somewhere else on the tour that’s infinitely cheeper.

I never noticed London being that expensive, I am able to get a hotel room at £50 whereas they are much more expensive in Dublin, I dislike going to Europe because of the language difference though I haven't been there since I was 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dublin/Ireland in general is ****ing frustrating with inflated hotel prices esp if somethings on

Sometimes it can be impossible for 1 person to go to a gig and stay overnight. if I want a few drinks I'd go up early have a few in pubs and then 1/2 at the gig and get the late bus home (Waterford have good bus services with Dublin thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Only sections M and K available to me. Is this likely to change for the presale?

May just wait for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

They're fairly resurgent with this new line up, aren't they? Huge new album and live shows that are getting plaudits for their intensity. Saw them and Behemoth at Download a few weeks back, and I have no hesitation picking up a ticket come Friday.

Behemoth are excellent live. That rare breed of black metal journeymen who put in the years and are now doing arena shows. And they pissed off all the right people with their last gig in Limerick.

Last time Slipknot played here with Korn they kicked the hole off it as well. Mental Wednesday night crowd.

Good stuff!

The 2014 gig is still the most crazy moshpit I've ever been in!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dublin/Ireland in general is ****ing frustrating with inflated hotel prices esp if somethings on

Sometimes it can be impossible for 1 person to go to a gig and stay overnight. if I want a few drinks I'd go up early have a few in pubs and then 1/2 at the gig and get the late bus home (Waterford have good bus services with Dublin thankfully)

You are generally correct but can get some decent deals if using the travel sites.

Plenty of hotels for less than €100 on the night they are playing in the general vicinity of the venue atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Degag wrote: »
    Only sections M and K available to me. Is this likely to change for the presale?

May just wait for Friday.

Typical ticketbastard, will be releasing the crap seats first to make sure they go and will release the better ones later

scudzilla wrote: »
    Typical ticketbastard, will be releasing the crap seats first to make sure they go and will release the better ones later

Hmm. They seem to be refreshing every so often though so may get lucky hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Soooo, I'm an old man now(35) but a long term fan of Slipknot, I have never managed to see them live though. My days of moshpits etc are long behind me now so I'm going to grab seated seats for myself and my wife, how much are we looking at for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Degag wrote: »
    Hmm. They seem to be refreshing every so often though so may get lucky hopefully.

Guessing the REALLY good seats will be held back for the VIP packages and then those that are unsold will be released in the week leading up to the gig as 'production hold' tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Soooo, I'm an old man now(35) but a long term fan of Slipknot, I have never managed to see them live though. My days of moshpits etc are long behind me now so I'm going to grab seated seats for myself and my wife, how much are we looking at for them?

81.15 beans each and that includes 7odd quid service charge
    Bring the lube to the checkout.

And 35 is not old!

(creak.. Creak... Creak..)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

trying to get pre sale tickets here on ticketmaster but its not giving me any option to click for tickets, just saying pre sale happening now??? what am i doing wrong? do i need to go on slipknots official website?
    i'm using 3plus code BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

trying to get pre sale tickets here on ticketmaster but its not giving me any option to click for tickets, just saying pre sale happening now??? what am i doing wrong? do i need to go on slipknots official website?
    i'm using 3plus code BTW

You need to access the presale via the 3Plus site, not through the Ticketmaster site directly.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

Just got standing tickets there with the 3 Presale. Thought they might be all gone after they were released early yesterday but there's still some available!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

In the same boat but I had to go for standing, if I die, I die.

quazzy1 wrote: »
    Just got standing tickets there with the 3 Presale. Thought they might be all gone after they were released early yesterday but there's still some available!

Nice one just got standing there. Saves the hassle of trying on general release

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Having no joy with the 3 plus pre sale. Just keeps saying loading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Having no joy with the 3 plus pre sale. Just keeps saying loading.

Because it was yesterday :pac:

Advertisement