Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Anyone have an idea of doors and stage times for Behemoth and Slipknot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of doors and stage times for Behemoth and Slipknot?

Guessing it will be 7:45pm for Behemoth and 9:00pm for Slipknot.

Doors are 6:30pm I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suppose if I got through a lamb of god set last year I'll survive Behemoth next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I suppose if I got through a lamb of god set last year I'll survive Behemoth next week

2 very different bands tbf, not keen on them is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Behemoth are brilliant live, I'm as excited for them as I am for Slipknot, looking forward to seeing a full stage show from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Behemoth are immense live man,
    Oceans above LOG imo

Give them a chance, they were incredible in Limerick in the Summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The crowd at a Slipknot concert is basically a Reddit meet up

https://imgur.com/0gL4oxd.jpg

Will they say the 'we were barred from here' waffle???

How many times have they played here actually??? 2015 and support for Metallica in 2003 or 2004 ?

I wonder how big Slipknot and Behemoth are on the European continent ?? The Scandinavians love that mind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will they say the 'we were barred from here' waffle???

How many times have they played here actually??? 2015 and support for Metallica in 2003 or 2004 ?

I wonder how big Slipknot and Behemoth are on the European continent ?? The Scandinavians love that mind of stuff

I think Corey, the last time they were here, referenced why it took so long, or apologized for it taking them so long to come back, it's one or the other.

Twice they've been here, 2004 as support to Metallica, and their 2015 headline show.

They played RDS Simmonscourt in 05 with Helmet supporting.

Also did shows in Belfast in 02 and 16.

• Advertisement

The crowd at a Slipknot concert is basically a Reddit meet up

Really?? surprisingly I actually found crowd at Slipknot gigs to be full of Slipknot fans, funny that.

Really?? surprisingly I actually found crowd at Slipknot gigs to be full of Slipknot fans, funny that.

Yeah it's a crazy revelation for slipknot gigs to be full of Slipknot fans

Cant wait for Tuesday night

Prefer Corey Taylors mask this tour than the one he wore for the Grey chapter tour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭klose

So what would people like to hear them play? (Beside the obvious bangers) would love to hear gently or skin ticket from Iowa played but not expecting it, any other deeper cuts people would like to hear?

klose wrote: »
    So what would people like to hear them play? (Beside the obvious bangers) would love to hear gently or skin ticket from Iowa played but not expecting it, any other deeper cuts people would like to hear?

The Blister Exists, Three Nil, Killpop, Custer, Pulse Of The Maggots would be great.

They played RDS Simmonscourt in 05 with Helmet supporting.

Also did shows in Belfast in 02 and 16.

So 5 times they've been here. I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

hey guys! sorry if this ain't the right place for this question but basically i'm on medication for high blood pressure (sliknot might not be good for it LOL) and i need to take some pills at 8pm and 10pm each day, would i need to let the security know when entering ? i don't want to be dragged off into a private room to cops over 3 Labetadol pills !!

Thanks,

Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The set list has been very much the same for the past year of gigs

If anything they’ll add a couple of new tracks I’d say, Nero forte, orphan or critical darling are my guesses.

Hoping they keep prosthetics on

Very excited for tomorrow I can see they’ve arrived in Dublin anyway and are buzzing about the city

hey guys! sorry if this ain't the right place for this question but basically i'm on medication for high blood pressure (sliknot might not be good for it LOL) and i need to take some pills at 8pm and 10pm each day, would i need to let the security know when entering ? i don't want to be dragged off into a private room to cops over 3 Labetadol pills !!

Thanks,

Joe.

Email them ahead of time and bring your prescription

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Does anyone want a pre-paid parking ticket for the Point Village Car Park for this. Went to check my tickets and realised I bought parking twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭klose

kg703 wrote: »
    The set list has been very much the same for the past year of gigs

If anything they’ll add a couple of new tracks I’d say, Nero forte, orphan or critical darling are my guesses.

Hoping they keep prosthetics on

Very excited for tomorrow I can see they’ve arrived in Dublin anyway and are buzzing about the city

From browsing r/slipknot this is a new tour completely so most there who keep track of set lists seem to think they change them for each one so we due a new one (obviously the big hits will always be played)

A quick look at Setlist FM and I was surprised how little they changed their set list the past year, they practically didn't bar when the new album released and they started playing a couple off that.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    From browsing r/slipknot this is a new tour completely so most there who keep track of set lists seem to think they change them for each one so we due a new one (obviously the big hits will always be played)

A quick look at Setlist FM and I was surprised how little they changed their set list the past year, they practically didn't bar when the new album released and they started playing a couple off that.

Exactly, that’s why I don’t think they’ll change it up too much. Hoping for a few more from the new album, it’s brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Cannot fkn WAIT for this - Ive listened to Slipknot since seeing them on TFI Friday a long time ago, could never get anyone to go to a gig with me, finally roped my brother in law into it, car full of Buckfast, should be epic.

With this being the first date on the tour I imagine there doing rehearsals here ?

With this being the first date on the tour I imagine there doing rehearsals here ?

Some of them defo arrived yesterday anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im pretty sure they did that the last time they played Dublin, they did rehearsals in the 3Arena the evening before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

They aren't rehearsing here, they are a seasoned touring band. Yes it the first night of the tour but they don't need to rehearse in the traditional sense.

We might even be lucky enough to see the first live performance of some of their new songs. They will do a sound check during the day like most bands do in the 3 Arena, that's about it.

They've toured for 20 odd years, it will be a great show.

They aren't rehearsing here, they are a seasoned touring band. Yes it the first night of the tour but they don't need to rehearse in the traditional sense.

We might even be lucky enough to see the first live performance of some of their new songs. They will do a sound check during the day like most bands do in the 3 Arena, that's about it.

They've toured for 20 odd years, it will be a great show.

Some bands even seasoned ones do rehearsals and video/special effects run thoughs here or whatever place kicks off the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Some bands even seasoned ones do rehearsals and video/special effects run thoughs here or whatever place kicks off the tour
    Yeargh, and also generally speaking the older bands get these days the more carefully rehearsed and pre programmed the shows are. Not sure where the assurance that they're not rehearsing here comes from.

No they don't do run throughs when they are performing live, they have already done their video and special effects "run throughs" in preparation for this tour. They don't have time to be changing things around between shows due to travel. They are professionals

• Advertisement

Yeargh, and also generally speaking the older bands get these days the more carefully rehearsed and pre programmed the shows are. Not sure where the assurance that they're not rehearsing here comes from.

The assurance comes from working in the industry for a number of years.

Would you prepare a presentation, video, speech or similar to be played in front of thousands of people without having gone through it a few times before?

They have also been touring since the second half of last year....

What makes you think they wouldn't be prepared?

Advertisement