Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Coleman my face suspension over missed drug test

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

walshb wrote: »
    It’s this throwing around of bullsh1t that is so damaging to the sport.

I don’t know exact numbers, but think the total number is 7-8 “medalists” were stripped...out of circa 150 medals..

If a relay runner tests positive the 4-5 others lose their medals. Doesn't make them cheats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Chivito550 wrote: »
    If a relay runner tests positive the 4-5 others lose their medals. Doesn't make them cheats.

But there's a fair chance they are juicing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

is_that_so wrote: »
    Stories of allegations sell copies or becomes clickbait and both of them know how to do that well. It doesn't make them true.

I’m just pointing out that this is not just a Daily Mail story. And however you feel about the Guardian and the BBC, they are hardly ‘clickbait’ operators. I’d imagine their source is a bit more authoritative than the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

True. I had thought of relays..

Happened MJ at a an Olympics if I recall..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

True. I had thought of relays..

Happened MJ at a an Olympics if I recall..

shot put, walk, 800m, 300m steeple chase, hammer, high jump, relay, first 2 of 1500.

9 there so far and then 4 more in wrestling and 3 in weigh lifting.

thats just the gold medals

• Advertisement

shot put, walk, 800m, 300m steeple chase, hammer, high jump, relay, first 2 of 1500.

9 there so far and then 4 more in wrestling and 3 in weigh lifting.

thats just the gold medals

So you've gone from 17 in athletics to 9 now?

By the way that's 8 gold medalists you mentioned, not 9.

How many of those were Russians BTW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The original link i found was when i was in the office, it included athletes promoted to gold and then stripped later. Its known as the dirty Olympics

Its 9 as the silver in 1500m got promoted to gold and then stripped.

Why does Russia matter? There is no proper testing in Kenya, Ethiopia or Jamaica..
    So can wiped those off if your looking at Russia for an excuse.

Then there is major questions about the mens 5000 and 10000 champion.

Also how many silver and bronze medals were stripped and how many past drug cheats won medals?

Time to get ready for dublin 10 miler.

Quit digging.

Check it out. I think there are 7 gold medalists in track and field confirmed as stripped for doping offences. Another 5/6 medalists of other colors

You’re 17 was nonsense..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Murph_D wrote: »
    I’m just pointing out that this is not just a Daily Mail story. And however you feel about the Guardian and the BBC, they are hardly ‘clickbait’ operators. I’d imagine their source is a bit more authoritative than the Daily Mail.
    I like both. It's just a different type of "high class" clickbait, the BBC in particular has a lot of rubbish littering their site. For the Guardian it's linked to whatever agenda they have on topics.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always baffled by those who think Bolt is the only clean 100m champion.

It'll never be proved one way or the other now, but I have no doubt he was juicing like the rest.
    Not at all baffled by this guilty without proof as a form of argument. That's known as confirmation bias in that because you believe everyone else was at it he must have been. He was freak of nature and really didn't need any more advantages.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always baffled by those who think Bolt is the only clean 100m champion.

It'll never be proved one way or the other now, but I have no doubt he was juicing like the rest.

No doubt?

Yet based off him never ever failing a test..

Can I ask what times Bolt should be running clean?

Vast majority Russian..some former Soviet states as well..of ALL total medalists all sports from 2012 stripped...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

No doubt?

Yet based off him never ever failing a test..

Can I ask what times Bolt should be running clean?

Ib be very surprised if Bolt was clean. It seems impossible to run 9.80 clean. 9.58 is ridiculous with the aid of drugs and in my mind impossible clean. A number of athletes coached by Glen Mills ( Bolt's coach) have failed tests. I would listen Victor Conte(BALCO doping scandal) who was on the Joe Rogan podcast a number of years ago. He explained how easy it was to pass tests and the rumours he heard about Jamaica. The culture in the America is very very lax towards doping also. Basically its ignored in the NFL , MLB and NCAA. This is one of the reasons many college athletes in America run really good times. They peak with the aid of a doping regime which is much riskier to use in Europe. It is ridiculously easy to dope and not get caught. You could literally just use testosterone gel (synthetic testosterone basically similar to Steroids) after training and it wouldn't be detectable if managed effectively.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Ib be very surprised if Bolt was clean. It seems impossible to run 9.80 clean. 9.58 is ridiculous with the aid of drugs and in my mind impossible clean. A number of athletes coached by Glen Mills ( Bolt's coach) have failed tests. I would listen Victor Conte(BALCO doping scandal) who was on the Joe Rogan podcast a number of years ago. He explained how easy it was to pass tests and the rumours he heard about Jamaica. The culture in the America is very very lax towards doping also. Basically its ignored in the NFL , MLB and NCAA. This is one of the reasons many college athletes in America run really good times. They peak with the aid of a doping regime which is much riskier to use in Europe. It is ridiculously easy to dope and not get caught. You could literally just use testosterone gel (synthetic testosterone basically similar to Steroids) after training and it wouldn't be detectable if managed effectively.
    Some other scientists at work. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/sports/olympics/usain-bolt-stride-speed.html

MJ was almost as fast over 200 as Bolt. Next to nothing in it..

Folks think MJ also used PEDs?

Because, really, it’s the wicked fast 200 times that would probably lend themselves “more” to the advantages of PEDs than the 100 times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

Page after page of people saying the sport is rotten and filthy off the back of the sport actually catching a cheat.

And then people wonder why tennis and football don't try expose big name cheats. Why the hell would they want to do that to
    OOnegative wrote: »
    If black was white you’d argue the other way and vice versa......

Sifan Hassan broke the mile record earlier in the year running 4.12.xx her previous best was 4.14.71 ran last year prior to starting training with Alberto Salazar. At that level that amount of improvement in space of 12 months smells of one thing and it ain’t great training or a coach......

You argue a good point walshb as always but even your not that thick to think Athletics is clean.

Sifan Hassan joined NOP in 2016. I wouldn't pay any heed to mile times as they are run so rarely that they are pretty much irrelevant to comparing form.

Hassan ran 3:56.05 in 2015(equivalent to 4:13 for the mile) and that was her 1500 pb up until Monaco en route this year in 3:55.30 4 years later .

People will laugh at me as usual for this but I have 100 times more confidence in NOP than most groups. Simply because we know so much from so many disgruntled athletes and staff who were with NOP. People who absolutely hated Salazar and yet there is nothing concrete. There's 200 and so odd pages of athlete and employee testimony out there on it but no one ever reads anything. He'll, there's even testimony from athletes and Coaches with Jerry Schumachers BTC group who were part of NOP when he was co-coaching with Salazar when NOP was known as OTC. Schumacher and Salazar hate each other and BTC hates NOP but there's nothing for USADA to convict on.

Meanwhile in the likes of Ethiopia, Jamaica and even Spain, there is almost no anti-doping, Does anyone here know that Spain was almost banned from the last Olympics like Russia? It defies my logic how thirsty people are for the death of NOP when whole countries have 0 out of comp testing and NOP have been screened to the highest level.

You hear big news about NOP using dodgy Dr. Brown. What no one in the media tells you is that every group in the US was using Dr. Brown. Hell The USATF had him hired to give lectures and seminars for them. The big problem in the US is they are all intertwined and both the USATF and US Olympic committee were referring athletes to Dr. Brown too along with Jerry Schumacher and Mark Wetmore and Salazar. Nike owns the the USATF literally and everyone has to be complicit in their little games. It's a huge ****sh*w and they were all doing it and all the proof is out there for anyone who wants to look into it and it's all factual first-hand info.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

wadacrack wrote: »

Bolt has competed and lived outside Jamaica for approx 14 years, the London Olympics tests were tested at a later date and some were stripped of their medals, Bolt's was clean.

Based on Heffernans experience as a high performance athlete, he was tested aggressively, I would say Bolt would be the same, yet no failed test in those 14 years. He only needs to fail one and his legacy is in the gutter.

Bolt as a junior was an exceptional athlete who continued to progress.

I personally think he is clean.

Fusitive wrote: »
    Sifan Hassan joined NOP in 2016. I wouldn't pay any heed to mile times as they are run so rarely that they are pretty much irrelevant to comparing form.

Hassan ran 3:56.05 in 2015(equivalent to 4:13 for the mile) and that was her 1500 pb up until Monaco en route this year in 3:55.30 4 years later .

People will laugh at me as usual for this but I have 100 times more confidence in NOP than most groups. Simply because we know so much from so many disgruntled athletes and staff who were with NOP. People who absolutely hated Salazar and yet there is nothing concrete. There's 200 and so odd pages of athlete and employee testimony out there on it but no one ever reads anything. He'll, there's even testimony from athletes and Coaches with Jerry Schumachers BTC group who were part of NOP when he was co-coaching with Salazar when NOP was known as OTC. Schumacher and Salazar hate each other and BTC hates NOP but there's nothing for USADA to convict on.

Meanwhile in the likes of Ethiopia, Jamaica and even Spain, there is almost no anti-doping, Does anyone here know that Spain was almost banned from the last Olympics like Russia? It defies my logic how thirsty people are for the death of NOP when whole countries have 0 out of comp testing and NOP have been screened to the highest level.

You hear big news about NOP using dodgy Dr. Brown. What no one in the media tells you is that every group in the US was using Dr. Brown. Hell The USATF had him hired to give lectures and seminars for them. The big problem in the US is they are all intertwined and both the USATF and US Olympic committee were referring athletes to Dr. Brown too along with Jerry Schumacher and Mark Wetmore and Salazar. Nike owns the the USATF literally and everyone has to be complicit in their little games. It's a huge ****sh*w and they were all doing it and all the proof is out there for anyone who wants to look into it and it's all factual first-hand info.

Not going to get into the NOP stuff, but important to note that Hassan's low 3:56 in 2015 was run trying to chase Dibaba when she ran her WR. Hassan died a death in the last lap. Had she run her own race there was a 3:54/3:55 there for the taking. This is long before she joined NOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

Pherekydes wrote: »

Thats great news that it was all just a filing error and that we can just hop back on the bandwagon. I knew it was only the pesky Russians that cheat, faith restored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

What a joke but il still watch the goings on in Doha just need to suspend my disbelief for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Certainly was a joke. The case should never have been taken.

https://www.3wiresports.com/articles/2019/9/2/q671frgu0owwde6y4mykn44y72s0aw

Advertisement