Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM crashed during cash lodgement

Options
  • 22-08-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

As above as I was in the process of lodging cash into my account the ATM computer crashed. The notes where already in the machine and it crashed just before the lodgement verified message would appear on screen. 

I waited at the ATM for 15 mins until the system re booted. This issue occurred outside banking hours.

The money has still not appeared in my account.

I made another lodgement and that sum of money appeared after about 10 mins.

Is my money from initial lodgement now safe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Church on Tuesday,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

We are very sorry to hear that the ATM retained your cash. I would like to assure you that the LATM will still have record that it was your cash and it will be lodged to your account. This usually would rectify overnight so I would expect the funds to be there now.

In the extremely unlikely event that the cash has not been lodged, we can certainly link in with the branch to have this done. The best thing to do would be to send us a message from your Online Banking and an advisor will look into this for you.

You can log into 365 Online (through the web browser on your phone/PC) and on the left hand side it says Service Desk. There's a drop down menu here with a facility to "Ask a Question" and our advisors will get in touch with the branch to resolve this.

I hope this information helps and if you have any other queries please let us know.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement