If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 55OLED754 vs 55OLED803

Options
  • 22-08-2019 7:43pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I’m looking at these two TVs. They’re both the same size.

How come the 754 is a good bit more expensive (1749 vs 1499)?

And would you recommend these TVs mainly for 4K Netflix and console gaming? Is the ambiance feature worth it (I assume this is why they’re a bit more expensive than other OLED 4K)?

Also, is the HDR on these proper HDR or some marketing thing?

Cheers!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also forgot to ask, how does something like the Samsung frame compare to these picture wise?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

awec wrote: »
    Hi, I’m looking at these two TVs. They’re both the same size.

How come the 754 is a good bit more expensive (1749 vs 1499)?

And would you recommend these TVs mainly for 4K Netflix and console gaming? Is the ambiance feature worth it (I assume this is why they’re a bit more expensive than other OLED 4K)?

Also, is the HDR on these proper HDR or some marketing thing?

Cheers!
    Hi Awec.

The 754 is the NEW model and has a lot of differences.
    The 754 can decode Dolby Vision, it uses a different version of local dimming.
    The 754 now has Alexa voice activation. It has now started to use the SAPHI smart system over the old operating system on the 803 which was very basic.
    It also uses a different chip set.
    The 754 also has Dolby Atmos processor built in allow for the potential for even better audio.

In terms of the Ambi light feature, its really down to the individual on weather they use this feature. Some people like it, some don't.
    The Philips OLED's are priced the same as their rivals and are not more expensive.
    LG 55C8PLA priced at £1299 or 1529 Euro.
    LG 55C9PLA priced at £1799 or 1999 Euro.
    Panasonic 55GZ950 priced at £1599 or 1889 Euro.

You can get cheaper versions starting at the LG 55B8PLA priced at £1099 or 1249 Euro.

As with all products. Last year models 803,903 reduce in price when the new versions are released.

The price at the minute on the 754 is £1499 or 1769 Euro.
    The 803 is priced at £1299 or 1549 Euro.

Our Euro price is not a direct conversion of the sterling and you are free to pay in which ever currency works out cheapest for yourself.

I hope this helps a little.

Let me know your thoughts.

Also forgot to ask, how does something like the Samsung frame compare to these picture wise?
    Hi Awec.

The Frame television are very good also. They are even better now that they have went QLED over LED.
    Samsung's QLED technology is very good and up there with OLED.

In my opinion QLED would suit a gamer better as they is no risk of screen burn / image retention as with OLED.
    Screen burn is not covered by our 6 year guarantee or by the manufacturers standard warranty.
    The manufacturer deems this as misuse unfortunately.

The QE55LS03 is currently priced at £1499 or 1799 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204131-samsung-the-frame-qe55ls03r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx?swapstore=1

You could also look at the standard QLED's
    55Q70R priced at £1249 or 1299 Euro (Great EURO Pricing on this one)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203890-qe55q70r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

55Q70R priced at £1349 or 1699 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203962-samsung-qe55q80r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

Thanks for the info Kenny!

Is there much difference in picture quality between OLED and QLED?

Thanks for the info Kenny!

Is there much difference in picture quality between OLED and QLED?
    Hey Awec.

There is a little difference between the two with OLED being the better. In my opinion anyway.

I purchased an OLED a few years ago myself and I'm still impressed by it.

Both QLED and OLED televisions are excellent and you would be more than happy with either technology.

• Advertisement

Thanks again Kenny.

Do the ambiance TVs need to be wall mounted for the effect to work?

Thanks again Kenny.

Do the ambiance TVs need to be wall mounted for the effect to work?
    Hi Awec.

No they do not need to be wall mounted but do need to be within a reasonable distance to a wall to get the correct effect.
    Sitting on a normal TV rack it works no issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.