Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get lights to connect to bridge

• 22-08-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hello All,

I think this is the best forum to ask the question - apologies if not. Tuesday night came home, lights would not come on with motion sensors / Hue app. Saw that the Hue app was connecting / disconnecting from the Wifi.
    rebooted both the bridge & router - still nothing and went to bed.
    Next night same - issue - did nothing more.
    Last night came home - same issue - then went to hue app - all rooms / lights / accessories were gone from the app. I went with it and thought "ah well I can start with a fresh slate". Rejoined the bridge to the nw/ re authenticated and went searching for lights - none found ( I have probably 25 - 30 lights) - majority are Hue - 2 or 3 IKEA bulbs.
    I've managed to get one dimmer switch recognized by pressing the reset button on the back of it.
    I've tried a second bridge (brand new out of box) - same issue.
    Two questions:
    1. Any one else experiencing the same issue?
    2. Is there a way to get the lights recognised, with entering each serial number?

Any help or suggestions, appreciated.

SH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hello All,

Two questions:
    1. Any one else experiencing the same issue?
    2. Is there a way to get the lights recognised, with entering each serial number?

Any help or suggestions, appreciated.

SH

I've not had your experiences. I'm on my second hub I'd BKs old one, then I changed it to a new model.

I'd no great issues with either except for a little messing with the changeover .

Have you hooked it up to Google assistant, would be interesting to add and remove it here to see what it picked up. It might hold them in place for you too. They should all be registered in the Philip's cloud too. I wouldn't go nuts adding and deleting lamps, that can get messy too. You could end up with virtual twins.

The app should offer you an option to put in a serial number following an unsuccessful search for new lamps.

At least it did.

Also I use the hue essentials app. I found it good for adding the ikea lamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Thanks Stoner, - have eventually had to re add all bulbs and accessories manually to the system. Not sure what went on, but am mostly back up and running. Just to reset a few IKEA bulbs and an Ajax strip is is proofing more difficult than it really should be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Thanks Stoner, - have eventually had to re add all bulbs and accessories manually to the system. Not sure what went on, but am mostly back up and running. Just to reset a few IKEA bulbs and an Ajax strip is is proofing more difficult than it really should be...

I had awful issues with my ikea bulb and the hue hub.they had to literally be right next to each others to pair. They they always flashed randomly when on.

Advertisement