Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsuction Ear Wax Removal

Options
  • 22-08-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have this, where did they have it and what did they think of it please.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Possibly Genesis on BallyBricken, only place I could think of.

On a google search, this place in Ardkeen comes up https://www.facebook.com/Shopping123mm/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Medical Center over Supervalu on the Tramore Road though I'd guess any of the major practices should do it. One of the nurses did it in my case. Took a few minutes, what came out was gross, and made an instant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

JMcL wrote: »
    Medical Center over Supervalu on the Tramore Road though I'd guess any of the major practices should do it. One of the nurses did it in my case. Took a few minutes, what came out was gross, and made an instant difference.

Can I ask you was there much noise from the machine when you were getting this done.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Can I ask you was there much noise from the machine when you were getting this done.

It's a bit noisy alright, and the vibration is a bit weird, but neither are unbearable IMO. I'd say the whole process took 2-3 minutes. I softened it up first by dropping warm Olive oil in for a few days before which helps apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

JMcL wrote: »
    It's a bit noisy alright, and the vibration is a bit weird, but neither are unbearable IMO. I'd say the whole process took 2-3 minutes. I softened it up first by dropping warm Olive oil in for a few days before which helps apparently.

Thanks for that much appreciated, its vip to me cause I have tinnitus for years, and also have a horrible thing called 'hyperacusis' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis

I've been reading of some people's experiences of microsuction with similar conditions like mine and it's not good at all. Some serious damage can be caused so I'll be giving it a miss.

I'll see me GP and see what he suggests.

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for that much appreciated, its vip to me cause I have tinnitus for years, and also have a horrible thing called 'hyperacusis' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis

I've been reading of some people's experiences of microsuction with similar conditions like mine and it's not good at all. Some serious damage can be caused so I'll be giving it a miss.

I'll see me GP and see what he suggests.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend letting your GP make the call, as there was the usual lengthy list of risks and counter-indications. In my case it was just straightforward blockage.

Good luck at any rate!

Advertisement