Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL TV coverage

• 23-08-2019 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Will the BBC still be doing their 2 weekly NFL shows this year? Anyone know when these will start?

I’m also presuming Sky will have the usual coverage. Hopefully red zone will stay on Mix and still be free.

Also, GamePass seems to have its act together a bit better this year. Hope I’m not speaking too soon ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Will the BBC still be doing their 2 weekly NFL shows this year? Anyone know when these will start?

I’m also presuming Sky will have the usual coverage. Hopefully red zone will stay on Mix and still be free.

Also, GamePass seems to have its act together a bit better this year. Hope I’m not speaking too soon ...

Unsure about the BBC, they've always been vague with their coverage. I also heard that Red zone is moving to Sky Sports Arena, but I hope this isn't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Pretty much the same coverage this season for both Sky and BBC, though BBC will be showing only 2 of the 4 UK games live instead of all 3 last season.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-bbc-super-bowl-london-series-live-broadcast-rights-extension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Pretty much the same coverage this season for both Sky and BBC, though BBC will be showing only 2 of the 4 UK games live instead of all 3 last season.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-bbc-super-bowl-london-series-live-broadcast-rights-extension
    with pay-TV broadcaster Sky entering its final season of a five-year rights deal.

We could have a bidding war with BT coming up. They already have NCAA football, NBA and MLB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My Gamepass Samsung TV app appears to have died. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1165322928306688003

Its back next Saturday (Sunday morning) at 1:00am
    Last year it always came on just after MOTD, there's some reality rap bullsh*t show on first that week. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jason Bell is one of, if no the most annoying NFL presenter there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That was a strange line to include that sky are in the last year of their deal. Surely sky will do all they can to keep the NFL and not make the same mistake as they did with the WWE.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That was a strange line to include that sky are in the last year of their deal. Surely sky will do all they can to keep the NFL and not make the same mistake as they did with the WWE.

As ScrubsfanChris says, it'll probably come down to who's got the deeper pockets, BT or Sky? I'm sure BT would love to get their hands on it.

As ScrubsfanChris says, it'll probably come down to who's got the deeper pockets, BT or Sky? I'm sure BT would love to get their hands on it.
    Not that I have regular access to sky but I don’t have access to BT and while I’m all in with game pass because of the situation I’d hate to see sky lose the rights to the NFL.

Will the BBC still be doing their 2 weekly NFL shows this year?
    First episode of the season is up on Gamepass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Any guesses as to what the live 6 o clock game will be on sky next Sunday.I presume cowboys giants will be the 9.25 game.

Any guesses as to what the live 6 o clock game will be on sky next Sunday.I presume cowboys giants will be the 9.25 game.
    No idea yet but a good way to maybe know I is to find out which game joe buck and Troy aikman are calling.

No idea yet but a good way to maybe know I is to find out which game joe buck and Troy aikman are calling.

I'd say they'd be on the Cowboys game at 9:25.

As for the 6pm game, they could go with the Browns/Titans to see if Cleveland lives up to the hype.

Falcons/Vikings and Panthers/Rams are two other games that look interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Positive it was the hours before the opening game on Thursday last year that they announced the live games for the opening weekend & it was Tuesday from there after but open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

According to my Sky box by going one week ahead on the EPG I see that Red Zone is on Sky Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Live Games on Sky this week:
    Thursday night:
    Packers at Bears, 1:20am

Sunday:
    Titans at Browns, 6pm

Giants at Cowboys, 9:25pm

Steelers at Patriots, 1:20am

Monday night:
    Texans at Saints, 12:10am

Broncos at Raiders, 3:20am

Redzone confirmed on Sky Sports Mix at 6pm on Sunday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

VillaMad wrote: »

Sunday:
    Titans at Browns, 6pm

Keep an eye out for a handsome bald man in a titans Jersey surrounded by Browns fans

Advertisement