Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile app not updated

Options
  • 23-08-2019 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hello, my Samsung S10+ is giving me a warnign when opening the mobile app that the app was designed for an older model phone and may not work properly. 

When checking the app store I noticed the app hasnt been updated since 2017. 

I find that worrisome that a bank is not updating their app for  2 years. This can cause security and functionality issues. 

What are plans to update this app in the near future? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Poncke,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

We are delighted to say that we are launching our brand new mobile app soon. This will replace our existing mobile app. For more information on our upcoming changes please see the below link to our website. There is a guide to our upcoming changes on the page that you can download.

https://www.bankofireland.com/the-second-payment-services-directive/

Many thanks,

Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Hi Kat, 

Thanks, 

https://www.bankofireland.com/the-second-payment-services-directive/app/

Doesn't mention anything about a release date. This could well be released in a few years time, just like BOI NFC payments which is 2 years behind on the competition. 

When you say soon, do you mean in 2019? 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Poncke,

Thanks for linking back in with us.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Our digital team are actively working on the new app which will be available by the end of 2019 and customers will be moved across on a phased basis into 2020. As soon as we confirm a launch date we will advise all customers. Our current app maintains all its existing safety and fraud protections for customers.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks,[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Kat[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Ok, thank you. 

Advertisement