Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Pc with no Bluetooth options... can I get workaround?

Options
  • 23-08-2019 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have bought a new speaker system which has BT option. So it great to play Spotify thru it via my phone. But I have a Pc in room as well and would finf it earlier to play Spotify through their website and therefore keep my phone free

So... what are my options to make my Pc broadcast in BT? The speaker system is not wifi compatible.. only BT and Aux but there is bout 10 foot between them so cable is not possible

Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A blue tooth adapter for the PC there only a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭blackbox

Get a USB Bluetooth adapter or a long cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks lads..... will look today for same. I presume they are a dongle of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Masala wrote: »
    Thanks lads..... will look today for same. I presume they are a dongle of some sort

https://www.freetv.ie/usb-bluetooth-dongle/

Yea any place sells electronics of some sort should have one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

A Chromecast Audio plugged in to the AUX would be more flexible if you can still find one.
    CeX sometimes have them and possibly adverts.ie . It works well with both iphone and android.

It'll be a little more expensive than a bluetooth dongle,
    but it'll perform better plus you'll be able to play to the speakers without having the PC whirring away in the corner.
    Once the music starts it streams straight from spotify so you can go back to using your phone for whatever you like.
    If you have an old phone you don't use anymore could you plug it in to the speakers with spotify on it and just leave it hidden behind them?

As another option the Echo Connect is currently £20 on amazon.co.uk or €30 at CeX. The Echo Dot is about the same price and has an Aux out too.
    One of those would make your speakers able to play Spotify by just saying "Alexa... Spotify Connect" and searching for it in the app.
    It'll then take over and you can go back to using your phone.
    That would also give you a full Alexa to play with if that amuses you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

https://www.freetv.ie/usb-bluetooth-dongle/

Yea any place sells electronics of some sort should have one...

Just got this today..... and up and working!!!! Cost me €8.50 all in delivered to my door. Was quoted €20 in downtown pc shop for one off the shelf.

Now hope I don't lose the dongle- its tiny!

But might check out the Dealz one as mentioned above so as to have a spare

Many thanks all

Advertisement