Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cctv for yard

Options
  • 23-08-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hiya,

I'm thinking of getting a cctv system for monitoring my yard and I'm just wondering what would be a good choice. The internet connection is pretty choppy so would ideally need a wired connection. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

j_mo wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'm thinking of getting a cctv system for monitoring my yard and I'm just wondering what would be a good choice. The internet connection is pretty choppy so would ideally need a wired connection. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Couple of questions? Do you have internet in the building that you are attaching the cameras on? Or outbuildings?

The quality of your internet connection only determines the quality of picture for remote monitoring.

I might get slated for saying it here, but you can get great quality hd IP security cameras direct from China for relative buttons. You can also get network video recorders from there too, (with excellent manufacturers support might I add). I've been using the supermini NVR2 for a few years and it's been flawless. Proved it's worth too as it's identified unwanted visitors to the yard.

Advertisement