Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland one of 6 countries which has agreed to take migrants from Med ship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Australia simply turns them around if the navy catch the boats off shore or if they reach the coast they are detained and for the most part sent back. it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Australia simply turns them around if the navy catch the boats off shore or if they reach the coast they are detained and for the most part sent back. it can be done.

They have some island or other specially set up to receive and process them and review as appropriate. Most found to be bogus of course and sent packing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

road_high wrote: »
    The problem is you take 10 sudanese lads and 1 of them becomes a tax payer, 2 work cash in hand and 7 become margaret cash types

The only differences between these and Margaret cash is that Cash is an Irish citizen that we can’t get rid of- we freely import the other scroungers like prize turkeys of our own free will.

I wonder could we take all of those types and out them on a ship in the middle of the med

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I wonder could we take all of those types and out them on a ship in the middle of the med

Give them a parachute, fly over Libya ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i completely understand the compassionate argument here with people deliberately putting themselves in harms way to strong arm themselves into Europe.

What i dont understand is, what's the game plan here? play it out in your head. whats the strategy? just continuously "rescue" people who are playing you like a fiddle? what's the point in having visas or any of the bureaucracy which goes along with legally entering a country? should we just divert all the resources that go into those systems into more ferries for the med? get the civil servants to retrain as deck hands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Give me 10 Sudan lads who want to work for a better life, than 1 Margaret Cash type.
    The problem is you take 10 sudanese lads and 1 of them becomes a tax payer, 2 work cash in hand and 7 become margaret cash types
    And one of them shacks up with a cash type and procreates to their hearts contentm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

i completely understand the compassionate argument here with people deliberately putting themselves in harms way to strong arm themselves into Europe.

What i dont understand is, what's the game plan here? play it out in your head. whats the strategy? just continuously "rescue" people who are playing you like a fiddle? what's the point in having visas or any of the bureaucracy which goes along with legally entering a country? should we just divert all the resources that go into those systems into more ferries for the med? get the civil servants to retrain as deck hands?

I could understand when it all started and there was a savage war in Syria that people were desperately fleeing 4 years ago- however now it seems be every African and middle eastern kip of a country you can think of trying to hitch a free ride to a better life courtesy of you and me.
    What these countries need is a sustained program of birth control as it’s fairly obvious none of them can sustain all the people they are producing at a rate of knots- it just can’t go on sending the surplus to us and must stop now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

The Kalergi plan is full action.

All levels of power either paid off blackmailed or brainwashed.
    There is real racism against the IRISH people.
    Immigrant crimes covered up in the media and on shill boards like this.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

I would rather be hated in this life than spend the next one in Hell along with all the so called progressives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

LOL. Im always amused by the standard of post in these threads. Imagine if that was how things worked. You rescue someone from potentially drowning a sea, so now they live with you. Same when fire brigade rescues someone, they go live with the fire brigade members.

LOL.

They went out of their own accord and illegally picked up a load of people who were brought to Europe by human traffickers. Then they whined that no one wanted to fix their mess. Now they're off to pick up more people. What a great charity.

I've decided to start an animal rescue charity. I'm going to go around picking up stray cats. I have no plan beyond that though so I'll call around to your house later with a couple of dozen cats. If you try telling me you don't want to home these cats you never asked for I'm going to be really angry.

I'll be back later with some more cats.

They went out of their own accord and illegally picked up a load of people who were brought to Europe by human traffickers. Then they whined that no one wanted to fix their mess. Now they're off to pick up more people. What a great charity.

I've decided to start an animal rescue charity. I'm going to go around picking up stray cats. I have no plan beyond that though so I'll call around to your house later with a couple of dozen cats. If you try telling me you don't want to home these cats you never asked for I'm going to be really angry.

El duderina is right - I assume he means that they should be rescued then they should be dropped back to wherever they set sail from - Libya in this instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Kalergi plan is full action.

All levels of power either paid off blackmailed or brainwashed.
    There is real racism against the IRISH people.
    Immigrant crimes covered up in the media and on shill boards like this.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

I would rather be hated in this life than spend the next one in Hell along with all the so called progressives.

Which begs the next question: why can't all the national supremacist types go all live in their own spiteful country? It is not their right in a democratic state to tell everyone else in their own Seussian Sneedville who they can and can't extend visas to. That ideology having failed to wrestle control of a nation state, I wonder why national supremacists don't just all go found their own little Sneedville somewhere to themselves. According to Tucker Carlson all the NS' in America shouldn't even fill a football stadium (TMI: Clemson's Death Valley holds 80,000+) which means all those sweet 1990's engineering documentary designs for cruise-ship cities and whatnot could be a real future for national supremacists, put some sovereign soil on the deck, pop up some embassies, hold sporting events and stream them. I don't know why they all don't clamor at the idea. Or just go collectively buy an island or something, since global warming is a hoax anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2514936/The-incredible-mile-long-floating-CITY--complete-schools-hospital-parks-airport-50-000-residents.html

article-2514936-19B1AD2700000578-444_964x647.jpg

I mean aesthetically it's not my preference either but I'm sure those folks could doll it up to look more Krieg-worthy.

RACIST

How dare you this post is laced with anti feline sentiment and I am only scratching the surface.
    Attitudes like yours should give one paws for though and after that no pussyfooting about.

maxresdefault.jpg

Overheal wrote: »
    Which begs the next question: why can't all the national supremacist types go all live in their own spiteful country? It is not their right in a democratic state to tell everyone else in their own Seussian Sneedville who they can and can't extend visas to. That ideology having failed to wrestle control of a nation state, I wonder why national supremacists don't just all go found their own little Sneedville somewhere to themselves. According to Tucker Carlson all the NS' in America shouldn't even fill a football stadium (TMI: Clemson's Death Valley holds 80,000+) which means all those sweet 1990's engineering documentary designs for cruise-ship cities and whatnot could be a real future for national supremacists, put some sovereign soil on the deck, pop up some embassies, hold sporting events and stream them. I don't know why they all don't clamor at the idea. Or just go collectively buy an island or something, since global warming is a hoax anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2514936/The-incredible-mile-long-floating-CITY--complete-schools-hospital-parks-airport-50-000-residents.html

I mean aesthetically it's not my preference either but I'm sure those folks could doll it up to look more Krieg-worthy.

Nearly 40'000 posts did you have a point when you started or did you always post pure drivel?:rolleyes:

Nearly 40'000 posts did you have a point when you started or did you always post pure drivel?:rolleyes:

You don’t get to 40,000 posts without posting massive amounts of drivel.

And if you don't you won't be allowed get anywhere near that number.

Anyway back on topic Ireland is doomed those gated developments better have high walls when the welfare state implodes.

I have been reported for personal abuse by this poster for correctly calling this post drivel and I fully expect the mod to act even though I have broken no rules.

I have never engaged in personal abuse but if somebody posts drivel like above I am commenting on the posts.

The bit in bold is personal abuse but this is allowed on this board.:rolleyes:

Edit Sonny noggs you were reported also the complaint was put on the open board by mistake for a brief moment.

I have been reported for personal abuse by this poster for correctly calling this post drivel and I fully expect the mod to act even though I have broken no rules.

I have never engaged in personal abuse but if somebody posts drivel like above I am commenting on the posts.

The bit in bold is personal abuse but this is allowed on this board.:rolleyes:

Sickening that he thinks that he should be able to kick Irish citizens, born and raised in Ireland, with family going back many generations, out of Ireland. Racist in fact.

The power of being a mod has clearly gone to his head. Thankfully the real world doesn’t work like that. He should be stripped of all authority.

Sickening that he thinks that he should be able to kick Irish citizens, born and raised in Ireland, with family going back many generations, out of Ireland. Racist in fact.

The power of being a mod has clearly gone to his head. Thankfully the real world doesn’t work like that. He should be stripped of all authority.

This is how the Loony Liberal agenda seems so prevalent on boards.ie all dissenting voices get banned.
    People just visiting these boards get hoodwinked into thinking they are getting a fair idea of the will of the Irish people.

The terms and conditions are only selectively applied here any conservative views will not be tolerated and you will get death by 1000 cuts you will get infection after infraction until you either fall in line or get banned.

In fairness one of the mods said it here last week there is no free speech on boards.ie if your politics are wrong your days here are numbered.

There is a massive homeless crisis wages have stagnated the health service is in tatters.

But places like this are here to keep a lid on public anger.

Edit just got the infraction but calling people spiteful supremacists is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The inference being that anyone who doesn't agree with open borders for every African who floats on the Med is a white supremacist racist loon. A nasty slur aimed at many posters on this thread, and you have the cheek to report others for supposed abuse.

The sad thing is that you can't even understand why this type of accusation backfires so spectacularly, why it is that sort of inability of "right thinking" idiots to see the damage their arrogant insistence that the little people take on the down side to their hippy worldviews is the direct cause of the backlash that has brought us Trump, Brexit, Bolsanaro and all the other reactionary right wing hardmen that have sprung up in the last decade.

The only part you are correct about is that you would struggle to fill a school hall in Ireland with supremacists, that should tell you that when you think you are hearing the cries of the far right it is in fact moderate people who know when they are being fed a sh!t sandwich by the ruling classes and are justifiably reacting to it.

Allowing economic migrants from Africa to enter Europe is not compassion. It is a stupid thoughtless self-defeating act that only encourages more sub-saharan Africans to subject themselves to the gauntlet of being trafficked by criminal scum whose only concern is profiting from their plight, be it in extorting money, selling them as slaves or just killing them when they have drained them of their money. All the while the Allahu Akbar warlords in North Africa get richer and more powerful meaning it is only a matter of time before more countries descend into ISIS level violence and destruction.

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    The inference being that anyone who doesn't agree with open borders for every African who floats on the Med is a white supremacist racist loon. A nasty slur aimed at many posters on this thread, and you have the cheek to report others for supposed abuse.

And I just received and infraction for being uncivil for replying to it.
    Dear CinemaGuy45,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

Edit I have saved this page to show boards.ie double standards in action so deleting posts here is pointless.

Snap I got a yellow too.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

And one of them shacks up with a cash type and procreates to their hearts contentm

(Statistically) some of these guys might work...whereas....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Have you assurances that the media will portray you as a hero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The easy solution to posters/mods like this is to simply add them to your ignore list. Then you will not have to view their trolling posts.
    They are disgusted that we finally have a forum, which is not controlled by liberal left-leaning mods, so their primary purpose on threads like these seemingly is to derail threads or to bait other posters.

Just put them on ignore and consign them to their own echo chambers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kivaro wrote: »
    They are disgusted that we finally have a forum, .

Da Fuq? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Your opportunity will come at the next election.
    If you want a voice at least in opposition then you know who to not give your votes to.

Your opportunity will come at the next election.
    If you want a voice at least in opposition then you know who to not give your votes to.

Spoilt vote seems the best option.

Allowing economic migrants from Africa to enter Europe is not compassion. It is a stupid thoughtless self-defeating act that only encourages more sub-saharan Africans to subject themselves to the gauntlet of being trafficked by criminal scum whose only concern is profiting from their plight, be it in extorting money, selling them as slaves or just killing them when they have drained them of their money. All the while the Allahu Akbar warlords in North Africa get richer and more powerful meaning it is only a matter of time before more countries descend into ISIS level violence and destruction.

Pretty much. There is nothing remotely controversial about having borders and immigration law. I think most people have genuine compassion for people who are fleeing dangerous situations like war, or life threatening ones like famine. Famines and wars by their nature are transient events, they end and the refugees should (in theory) be repatriated.

However, for the life of me I can't see the logic in accepting people who, when rightfully (or perhaps, better described as legally) turned away, recourse was to anger. It is bizarre (to me at any rate) that people who threatened violence at not being allowed into Italy should have any grounds to be allowed into anywhere in Europe.

We are about to see the next wave of automation hit the workforce, when places like McDonalds get rid of low paid workers, we already see it in every Dunnes and Tesco with the decline of till staff numbers. There is an ever decreasing number of unskilled jobs. When driverless cars come in (was at a talk by an automobile insurance expert during the week who believes it will be in the next 10 years) the taxi industry will change radically. What do we do with unskilled workers?

There are people dying in desert camps in Libya tonight that are there because they have been promised something Europe is ill-equipped to give them. I don't have any solution to it. Europe as a whole had a chance to find a solution but it handled the last 3 years so badly it may actually break up over it. Europe will either move to the right and reduce immigration or break up, imo, because too many states are explicitly or implicitly saying they don't want further uncontrolled immigration. The fact that only 6 states signed up to this agreement tells you everything about where popular sentiment is on this at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

If anything comes from this story, it is the demise of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) as a previously respected organisation that did some great medical humanitarian work all over the world. Now, it appears, they are part and parcel of the people smuggling process that it taking place off the African coast.

All donations to them should cease while they continue to act as an economic migrant ferry to Europe. It is startling obvious that a lot of what we see on our televisions about the situation onboard these migrant-ferries is highly orchestrated, and we should not be taken in by these PR clips.

Advertisement