Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland one of 6 countries which has agreed to take migrants from Med ship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Salvini is too popular in Italy. It could kick off an uprising if they tried that.

They've already done it.

Not sure what the prospects of a general election are. Parties which nominally hate one another have come together to stop Salvini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Leo and his economic cohort will take all refugees into the bosom of their neighbourhoods .:eek:

No need to fuss folks , Leo and chums will do the right thing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I see MSF are heading back to pick up more passengers from Libya. No doubt in a weeks time they'll be looking for countries to take them in and no doubt we'll have our hand up.

https://twitter.com/MSF_Sea/status/1166652005441515520

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The vessels should be siezed or towed out to sea and scuttled ,

Its a complete scam.

That "charity" Richard Gere was promoting - Open Arms - are basically people traffickers.

They just happen to come across people on boats and bring them the rest of the way.

Was messaging a woman I know in Italy and she reckons if they shaft Salvini and reopen the ports as EU is pressuring them and basically attacking their finances through the German bank to force them to comply , that there will be serious unrest, maybe even a mass revolt.

People here who are gulled into thinking taking in hundreds of thousands of African migrants is in any shape or form a good things needs to have a good look at what is happening to Italian cities and towns.

It is something like a barbarian invasion. Seriously/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Its a complete scam.

That "charity" Richard Gere was promoting - Open Arms - are basically people traffickers.

They just happen to come across people on boats and bring them the rest of the way.

Was messaging a woman I know in Italy and she reckons if they shaft Salvini and reopen the ports as EU is pressuring them and basically attacking their currency through the Deutsch Mark to force them to comply , that there will be serious unrest, maybe even a mass revolt.

People here who are gulled into thinking taking in hundreds of thousands of African migrants is in any shape or form a good things needs to have a good look at what is happening to Italian cities and towns.

It is something like a barbarian invasion. Seriously/

Or the modern day Trojan Horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

But this modern day Trojan Horse is made with transparent cladding. The likes of Leo Varadkar and Simon Coveney want the whole of Europe to see what they are forcing on their citizens. We are defenseless and have no voice. When the truth comes out about the scale of non-EU citizens living illegally in this country, Fine Gael's response will be to declare an amnesty for everyone here, including failed asylum seekers. They will use the excuse of the Irish illegals in the U.S. as an excuse to justify this madness.

A rapist in court at the moment was refused entry in 2004 - not sure if he was refused here or before, i suspect the former. Anyway, he has been here for over ten years. I assume he has contributed some offspring to the mess in the meantime. System is a joke.

There are "asylum seekers" with fkn north London accents living in local authority houses and getting their rent paid in Dublin.

A rapist in court at the moment was refused entry in 2004 - not sure if he was refused here or before, i suspect the former. Anyway, he has been here for over ten years. I assume he has contributed some offspring to the mess in the meantime. System is a joke.

There are "asylum seekers" with fkn north London accents living in local authority houses and getting their rent paid in Dublin.
    If you play the system(s) right and you were that way inclined, you could easily have free homes and social welfare benefits in both London and Dublin .... paid for by your working neighbours.

Similarly, asylum seekers (both successful and unsuccessful in their asylum application) could also have a free new semi-detached in Dublin and a property back in their "real" home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

These migrants will drag Ireland down and turn it into a third world s**t hole, guaranteed

if you don't think so just take a look and England, Germany, France, Sweden, and Denmark is well on its way to the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Anybody walk through a public park or around a train station in an Italian City recently? It's not a very pleasant experience if your on your own, being menaced by gangs of loitering "refugees".

🙈🙉🙊

Over one third of the Italian prison population are immigrants/refugees, Majority are from Morocco, Tunisia and Nigeria. Rest are mostly Romanian and Albanian.

Irish prison service has changed the way it reports data, but five years ago, the % was approaching 20%.

Which may or not be close to % of overall population. That too is a bit of a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Kivaro wrote: »
    But this modern day Trojan Horse is made with transparent cladding. The likes of Leo Varadkar and Simon Coveney want the whole of Europe to see what they are forcing on their citizens. We are defenseless and have no voice. When the truth comes out about the scale of non-EU citizens living illegally in this country, Fine Gael's response will be to declare an amnesty for everyone here, including failed asylum seekers. They will use the excuse of the Irish illegals in the U.S. as an excuse to justify this madness.

Not to even talk about social impact. Where the fook do they think the money is going to come from to pay for this complete disaster.

Not to even talk about social impact. Where the fook do they think the money is going to come from to pay for this complete disaster.
    Fine Gael has a blank cheque at the moment to pay for new Direct Provision Centres and independent living centres around the country for asylum seekers (economic migrants). Blank cheque = Irish workers will be paying for it later on. Yet, we have genuine homeless people living in tents in Dublin and Cork. And we have Irish children waiting inordinate amounts of time for sclerosis operations or access to mental services beyond 5 pm or at the weekend.

While Fine Gael are in power, they will show their masters in Brussels that not only will they relegate Irish natives to the status of second class citizens, but they will go beyond what is asked for by the European liberal elite, and embrace as many African NGO ferry passengers that will provide the suitable reward for the top echelon of their party.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fat zombie

Ireland has been chosen to be enriched with a flood of immigrants , these immigrants will have zero loyalty to Ireland, they will be EU citizens, first and foremost, they will vote for pro EU party, they will increase the flood of immigration into Ireland.
    We are to be enriched even more once the UK leaves the EU, the EU can't risk us leaving as well, must flood Ireland with immigrants , who will vote pro EU.
    Get used to it, the Ireland you all know and love is a endangered land.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

From you and from me and from everyone else who gets up to go to work everyday. You have no choice, you have no opinion and you have no say.

Go against the grain you are a Nazi or a racist.

That's basically how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

Depressing reading this thread ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Depressing reading this thread ...

You ain't seen nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Blueshoe wrote: »
    From you and from me and from everyone else who gets up to go to work everyday. You have no choice, you have no opinion and you have no say.

Go against the grain you are a Nazi or a racist.

That's basically how it works.

There are racists though and they need to be shutdown....fair enough otherwise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

If you call someone racist in modern Britain, you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist? The people who reduce every conversation down to a matter of race could be said to be the most traditionally “racist” because everything in life is NOT exclusively a question of race, so why make it so? Diversity can’t possibly be a strength if everyone has ideas that will never correspond. If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place? Borders bring order. I can’t see how opposing Halal slaughter makes me racist when I’ve objected to ALL forms of animal slaughter all of my life.

Morrissey hit nail on head

• Advertisement

If you call someone racist in modern Britain, you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist? The people who reduce every conversation down to a matter of race could be said to be the most traditionally “racist” because everything in life is NOT exclusively a question of race, so why make it so? Diversity can’t possibly be a strength if everyone has ideas that will never correspond. If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place? Borders bring order. I can’t see how opposing Halal slaughter makes me racist when I’ve objected to ALL forms of animal slaughter all of my life.

Morrissey hit nail on head
    If you encounter racism you should call it out...that's all I said...no need to reply with a paragraph of bullsh1t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

If you encounter racism you should call it out...that's all I said...no need to reply with a paragraph of bullsh1t

You just proved morrisseys point, you have no words to debate the issue, you just shout racist

You just proved morrisseys point, you have no words to debate the issue, you just shout racist

I didn't at all...not once

The chap made a reasoned argument.

Your sole contribution is to "call it out", whatever that means.

You disagree racists should be called out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

In fairness, this is what he said:

A fair response to a fair point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You disagree racists should be called out ?

It depends what you class as a racist.

It depends what you class as a racist.

the definition?
    a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

there are genuine points to be made about immigration and the authenticity of some migrants, i just found after a quick look at this page that people are muddying the waters with what's genuine and what's racist. Racism by it's definition should never be tolerated. Morrissey lives in LA.

the definition?
    a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

there are genuine points to be made about immigration and the authenticity of some migrants, i just found after a quick look at this page that people are muddying the waters with what's genuine and what's racist. Racism by it's definition should never be tolerated. Morrissey lives in LA.

A fair enough definition of racism. And it applies both to those who think that Africans for example are inherently stupid or criminal and those who look on them as sort of innocent children almost incapable of doing wrong.

I think most people's attitude to asylum seekers is formed by fact that few - less than 10% according to Irish stats - are found to be genuine, but almost none are deported.

With regard to you other point, I just find the whole "calling out" and "no platforming" thing to be an excuse to silence people because others disagree with them.

If someone is racist in my company as in abusing other people in the company or nearby simply for that reason, I would treat them the same as if they were rude and abusive to any other person. Tell them shut up and have some cop on and manners.

• Advertisement

A fair enough definition of racism. And it applies both to those who think that Africans for example are inherently stupid or criminal and those who look on them as sort of innocent children almost incapable of doing wrong.

I think most people's attitude to asylum seekers is formed by fact that few - less than 10% according to Irish stats - are found to be genuine, but almost none are deported.

With regard to you other point, I just find the whole "calling out" and "no platforming" thing to be an excuse to silence people because others disagree with them.

If someone is racist in my company as in abusing other people in the company or nearby simply for that reason, I would treat them the same as if they were rude and abusive to any other person. Tell them shut up and have some cop on and manners.

i'm talking about actual racism of course it should be called out....i'd never shut someone down unless i felt they were very much in the wrong..

Advertisement