Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional time JCT

• 23-08-2019 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if the professional time of 22 hours allocated for JCT planning is gone for this academic year. I was looking online but couldn't find anything exact for this year.

Sorry if this was on another thread but I'm struggling to find the correct circular.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

No I still have mine. It's just that we teach 32 periods now not 33. Are you still teaching 33?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Thanks for your reply, Dory.

I'm on a one hour timetable and have 23 hours on my timetable. So I know I'm definitely one over. Looks like I'm actually 2 over if the professional time is still being applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Professional time is supposed to be a permanent arrangement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

We still have our professional time if on 22 hours, those job sharing etc don’t get it as we have 40 min classes so hard to give them 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Pang wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, Dory.

I'm on a one hour timetable and have 23 hours on my timetable. So I know I'm definitely one over. Looks like I'm actually 2 over if the professional time is still being applied.

It is not going anywhere.
    You can only be timetables for 21 hours in your situation. Some schools trying to sneak in ways of clawing back the 20 minutes you are off, but if you're in the TUI there is a directive in place limiting your maximum weekly teaching time to 21h20m (plus you s&a separate).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

solerina wrote: »
    We still have our professional time if on 22 hours, those job sharing etc don’t get it as we have 40 min classes so hard to give them 20 mins

16 periods is 10 hours 40 mins. Jobshare is 11 hours. What's the issue?

It was harder before professional time to land on exactly 11 hours.

Advertisement