Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob needs heating control advice

• 23-08-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭

Hoping to grab some knowledge and help on this, over the next few weeks I need to have a system up and running that will allow me to control my home heating over the internet.

It's an electric storage system, about 20yrs old but seems in really good knick, it's 3 large heaters downstairs and small convectors wall mounted in each bedroom, bathroom and toilets have small blower type heaters, these are not required for now. HWC would also need connecting in the future, maybe now if it makes more sense.

I'll be getting a sparks in to have some other jobs done and would like to know what's what before having a conversation with him. If I could, I'd like to source and install as much as possible myself, especially if it saves me some cash.

Further down the road I'd like the option to add lighting and possibly security, that's about all I can think of right now, if a few photos of the existing equipment would help I can add them tomorrow.

Comments

Advertisement