Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to start a gym business in ireland?

Options
  • 23-08-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How will i start a gym business,
    How much capital do I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is that as far as you've got?

I would say don't and too much and even if it's not too much don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

First assignment back in school?

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Why?

We don't know who you are and while we try not to judge but that is not the typical post that someone who genuinely is looking for information posts.

If you are genuine the best thing to do is do your own research as only you will know where, size, spec etc. Then when you come across specific questions then ask here. Right now your questions are the same as how long is a piece of string.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why?
    Where's your plan, even if it's a fantasy one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

is_that_so wrote: »
    Where's your plan, even if it's a fantasy one?

That's the problem I do not know where to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You need rent money or enough to buy property, you need to work out cost of equipment or if possible to rent.... Then go up against ben Dunne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

Opening a gym in Dublin could be four times the cost than opening one up in Waterford.

You have :
    Rent
    Marketing
    Insurance
    Equipment
    Personal trainers
    Employees
    Heating
    I.T setup
    Electricity
    Renovations for showers/reception etc.

Now see how much all that adds up to and how many members you need each year to get a profit

First find a unit you think would be similar to what you would like. Then work out how much it's going to be to fit it out. Then look at how many members you would need to support it and how much you would need to spend on marketing to attract those members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Clockpics

Hi,

How will i start a gym business,
    How much capital do I need?

Please don't reply on boards for this. You red to be resourceful to run your own business. There's no step.by step guide that will work for you.

Please don't walk into anything without doing your homework. Have a clear idea what you want for your business and how much it will cost to run before you even consider starting.

Do you have any gym experience? I'd not go and get some and see how you would run your gym and what would make you stand out above the others!

Good luck. I'd suggest a start your own business course with LEO. They're really very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Search for "business plan". Most of the banks have one and there are plenty of other sources. Look at SYOB(Start your own business) courses. As a starting exercise I'd "design" a vision of a simple gym - equipment, machines etc. Then go and price it from whatever source you want. That at least will give you an initial idea of costs. All the other stuff listed here needs to come into that plan too.

Advertisement