Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new chargers and cables

• 23-08-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Like most I have tonnes of gadgets that need charging and I suddenly find myself with 2 working chargers and a usb cable that's on its last legs.

How do I find out what charger and cable is best for each appliance. I have one tablet that charges ok on one charger but takes a day on another. Is it to do with output voltage? Boxes are well gone so only battery to go on or details may be on gadget if I need to look at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

webpal wrote: »
    Like most I have tonnes of gadgets that need charging and I suddenly find myself with 2 working chargers and a usb cable that's on its last legs.

How do I find out what charger and cable is best for each appliance. I have one tablet that charges ok on one charger but takes a day on another. Is it to do with output voltage? Boxes are well gone so only battery to go on or details may be on gadget if I need to look at.

What are the make and model of the devices? I'd recommend sticking with branded charges. I've read some horror stories about cheap knock off versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭webpal

Couple of tablets and phones - Huawei, Lenovo, Kurio

Psyc wireless speaker, power banks. What make would you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What matters is not the voltage (they're all 5V), it's the maximum amps that the charger can deliver. The tablet probably needs a 2A charge, a mobile phone probably 1.5A. An older charger might be delivering 1A and threfore would take ages to charge the tablet.

The general rule that I observe is to only use the tablet charger with the tablet, any other charger can be used with any other device. Unless it's a fairly old phone, in which case you need to be careful not to exceed 1A.

If you buy a reliable brand like Anker, you'd be safe going with a 1.5A charger.

Advertisement