Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love to WC but still feels too early. Have 3 problems though in Kane, King and Jorginho.

Currently thinking Pukki in for Kane.

How good is Mount? Will he keep up this form do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would love to WC but still feels too early. Have 3 problems though in Kane, King and Jorginho.

Currently thinking Pukki in for Kane.

How good is Mount? Will he keep up this form do we think?

It’s never too early! If your think you will get a bounce in points over the next couple of GW’s by WC then go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thoughts on this team? 0.2 in the bank. Tempted to sell Vardy and bring in Puki. But surely Vardy will get points in an attacking Rodgers team?

Emerson - Button

Robertson - Van Dyke - Zinchenko - Lundstram - Simpson

Salah - De Bruyne - Mount - McGinn - Dendoncker

Vardy - Kane - Greenwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Tusky wrote: »
    Thoughts on this team? 0.2 in the bank. Tempted to sell Vardy and bring in Puki. But surely Vardy will get points in an attacking Rodgers team?

Emerson - Button

Robertson - Van Dyke - Zinchenko - Lundstram - Simpson

Salah - De Bruyne - Mount - McGinn - Dendoncker

Vardy - Kane - Greenwood

I think you need Sterling and/or Aguero - they have 9 goals between them after 3 games. If you can only get one, then probably Aguero as he'll be on penalties.

In addition I think you have too much spent in defence, Liverpool haven't had a CS yet, so would probably downgrade one of them, and obv to get one of Sterling/Aguero you will have to dump one of the city lads - Is Emerson worth 6m+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think you need Sterling and/or Aguero - they have 9 goals between them after 3 games. If you can only get one, then probably Aguero as he'll be on penalties.

In addition I think you have too much spent in defence, Liverpool haven't had a CS yet, so would probably downgrade one of them, and obv to get one of Sterling/Aguero you will have to dump one of the city lads - Is Emerson worth 6m+?

Good points.

What about?

Kane -> Aguero
    Robertson -> Digne
    Zimchenko -> 5.7m defender (any ideas?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What do I do with kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    What do I do with kane?

Sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

km79 wrote: »
    Sell him

Who is he best replaced with tho?

Auba - Arsenal have a tough run
    Aguero - 0.7 short
    Rashers - already have martial

Aguero - 0.7 short
    May have to take a hit
    But I have watched his last 180 minutes and he was abysmal

I’d prefer aguero to kdb (I have had kdb since start )
    And here is the very simple reason why
    I will never captain kdb . I will never even consider it
    If i have Aguero and city have a good fixture I’ll captain him
    It’s too hard to predict kdb returns in any given game and he won’t get enough goals

Did someone on here suggest, or confirm, that Aguero has retired from international football ?

Or do we have to wait until for the upcoming international games before we know for sure ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sell him

Aguero - 0.7 short

Haller?

Two promoted sides up next. And Norwich are woeful at the back

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Haller?

Two promoted sides up next. And Norwich are woeful at the back

Yeah I like the look of haller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kane to Haller
    Trossard to KDB

I may still wildcard but I'd rather hold as my team isn't in the worst shape once Pukki stops scoring.

dahat wrote: »
    Kane to Haller
    Trossard to KDB

I may still wildcard but I'd rather hold as my team isn't in the worst shape once Pukki stops scoring.

Exact same as myself - feel a minus 8 would fix my team but I really dont want Pukki (especially with City next)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero - 0.7 short

Wouldn’t think Auba has a tough run. Spurs at home next, which is usually high scoring, followed by Watford away and Villa at home.

They have Man U away in GW7, but who knows what United team will actually show up. After that he has a fantastic run from GW 8-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Exact same as myself - feel a minus 8 would fix my team but I really dont want Pukki (especially with City next)

You’ve obviously not watched city trying to defend...

Pukki plays West Ham next btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Kane to Haller
    Trossard to KDB

I'm the same too (although I have Pukki). I'm not delighted with my team, but I want to hold the wildcard from one more week, get me to the international break.

I don't want to imagine the anguish of 2 or 3 major injuries in that fortnight, and I used the wildcard one week previous.

You’ve obviously not watched city trying to defend...

Pukki plays West Ham next btw.

Yeah thats what I meant :D

I have Cantwell as well, and two Norwich seems overkill. Their defence is atrocious as well - so liking Haller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I've had a decent start, just inside the top 100k. Thinking of wildcarding though. Kane needs to go and also think double Liverpool defence (VVD & Robertson) is too much.

Ryan/Button
    Montoya Rico Robertson VVD Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Martial Perez Dendonker
    Kane Greenwood Pukki
    .3 ITB

Thinking of bringing in Digne, De Bruyne, Haller & Wesley. Normally don't wildcard early or before an international break but these changes would leave me with .1 ITB so I can't afford any more rises

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I've had a decent start, just inside the top 100k. Thinking of wildcarding though. Kane needs to go and also think double Liverpool defence (VVD & Robertson) is too much.

Ryan/Button
    Kane Greenwood Pukki
    .3 ITB

Thinking of bringing in Digne, De Bruyne, Haller & Wesley. Normally don't wildcard early or before an international break but these changes would leave me with .1 ITB so I can't afford any more rises
    Dont think a WC is worth it for 4 transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ryan/Button
    Kane Greenwood Pukki
    .3 ITB

Why not just go Kane & Perez to KDB & Wesley(or Haller)?

Robertson to Digne isn't really essential and you don't need 3 strikers at the moment with that squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

PARlance wrote: »
    Why not just go Kane & Perez to KDB & Wesley(or Haller)?

Robertson to Digne isn't really essential and you don't need 3 strikers at the moment with that squad.

Might just do that actually, Kane & Perez to KDB & Haller. Had high hopes for Perez but not to be. (Until after I get rid of course!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Likely banking even though it'll mean starting 2 of Hayden, Lundstram, Greenwood, Locadia or Dunk who I wouldn't be expecting returns from.

I could take a 4 point hit but it's hard to make funds and I'd likely be replacing my dross with punty calls / players that I'll likely look to replace very soon, don't think it'll be worth it.

Happy enough to hope Hayden might get me a solid 3 pointer at home to Watford (or even an assist, his xA is decent), and I fancy Locadia might potentially get a start away to City as I think he's their best counter-attacking option and Andone is suspended. Remember him getting a goal on the break against Arsenal so possibility he'll get a chance against City.

2 FTs next week should enable me to move funds around and plan for the longer term with a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I had a straight choice between Haller or the Pukki bandwagon for the dropping in price Jota. Went for Haller

Waiting on martial news
    And then getting in 2 players nobody else in my league has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Was only going with Perez -> Cantwell, but then saw City’s upcoming fixtures and also went Kane -> Aguero. Took the -4 hit. But have 0.7 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kelly for walker peters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Waiting on martial news
    And then getting in 2 players nobody else in my league has

Kean & Pepe.

Kean & Pepe.

Nope !

• Advertisement