Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

forestgirl wrote: »
    Are you thinking of ordering the yellow?

Nope the blue

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

pad199207 wrote: »
    Nope the blue

And what color have you ordered

I've seen greys the last few days and I have to say they are very classy looking and I imagine a great trade in in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Nope the blue

I've ordered the blue looks very well in sunlight. I found a life model with black roof rails on a Netherlands site that sold it to me. Seen four colours the weekend the blue, white, yellow and grey. Wouldn't be disappointed with any of them, yellow is out there bit looks well.

forestgirl wrote: »
    And what color have you ordered

I've seen greys the last few days and I have to say they are very classy looking and I imagine a great trade in in a couple of years

Yeah originally went with the manganese grey. I do like it but I just think the blue really suits the ID 4 especially with the 21” wheels

Liam2021 wrote: »
    I've ordered the blue looks very well in sunlight. I found a life model with black roof rails on a Netherlands site that sold it to me. Seen four colours the weekend the blue, white, yellow and grey. Wouldn't be disappointed with any of them, yellow is out there bit looks well.

Yeah the blue really catches my eye. I seen a yellow one the other day and I just don’t like that colour at all on a car.

• Advertisement

Yeah the blue really catches my eye. I seen a yellow one the other day and I just don’t like that colour at all on a car.

This is the life model in blue

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

This is the life model in blue

With a brown dash though in Ireland unless you got hold of a first edition?

kop-end wrote: »
    With a brown dash though in Ireland unless you got hold of a first edition?

Yes I know that might be a negative. But the seats are a darker grey then the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah originally went with the manganese grey. I do like it but I just think the blue really suits the ID 4 especially with the 21” wheels

I'll warn you now, I've had a Blue one for 4 days now and it already looks filthy. Less than 300km driven so far and it looks in dire need of a wash :(

Looks fantastic when it's clean though :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

OK my id4 will be ready the first week of July. Can anyone explain the we charge, when I see a charging point it says 1/4 what does this mean. Any other information with charging on the go would really be appreciated

Unless you're planning on doing lots of charging at ionity, and I mean lots, there's zero point in signing up with we charge.

Sign up to esb ecars, and easygo, that'll cover about 98% of the units in Ireland. You can use easy go at ionity chargers (though it's not cheap) or sign up to ionity themselves and pay 73c/kWh.

CCS is the plug you'll need to charge when your on the go. Type 2 is the plug you'll need when charging overnight or at a destination.

The ID4 can take up to 125kW DC on the CCS plug depending on the % battery, temperature of the battery and the power supplied by the unit you're charging from. Most DC units in Ireland are 50kW (ID4 will max out at 44kW on these), and there are a dozen or so 150kW or 175kW units.

The ID4 can take 11kW AC from the type 2 plug, depending on the rating of the cable (needs to be at least 16a 3 phase, I believe the car will come with a 32a 3 phase cable), and the power supplied by the unit you're charging from. Most AC units in Ireland are 22kW, so the most you'll get from those is 11kW at that's as much as the car can take via AC.

Charging to 80% is typically the most time efficient as while the battery charges up, the car limits the amount of power it will take in order to protect the battery longevity. The lower your battery state of charge (SOC - battery %) the faster charging speed you'll get.

• Advertisement

I think as long as the car hasn't been built you can make changes

It’s been just a little over a week since ordering

It’s been just a little over a week since ordering

I'd go for it then, I asked a similar question when ordering and I was told that up to a certain point you can make changes. The dealership should be able to tell you pretty quickly if it's going to cost you anything

Both colours look great so you won't be unhappy with either one

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I'll warn you now, I've had a Blue one for 4 days now and it already looks filthy. Less than 300km driven so far and it looks in dire need of a wash :(

Looks fantastic when it's clean though :)

This, mine looks like it went through a field and its only been doing motorway driving.

Must factor in the additional cost of washes into my man-maths spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Unless you're planning on doing lots of charging at ionity, and I mean lots, there's zero point in signing up with we charge.

Sign up to esb ecars, and easygo, that'll cover about 98% of the units in Ireland. You can use easy go at ionity chargers (though it's not cheap) or sign up to ionity themselves and pay 73c/kWh.

CCS is the plug you'll need to charge when your on the go. Type 2 is the plug you'll need when charging overnight or at a destination.

The ID4 can take up to 125kW DC on the CCS plug depending on the % battery, temperature of the battery and the power supplied by the unit you're charging from. Most DC units in Ireland are 50kW (ID4 will max out at 44kW on these), and there are a dozen or so 150kW or 175kW units.

The ID4 can take 11kW AC from the type 2 plug, depending on the rating of the cable (needs to be at least 16a 3 phase, I believe the car will come with a 32a 3 phase cable), and the power supplied by the unit you're charging from. Most AC units in Ireland are 22kW, so the most you'll get from those is 11kW at that's as much as the car can take via AC.

Charging to 80% is typically the most time efficient as while the battery charges up, the car limits the amount of power it will take in order to protect the battery longevity. The lower your battery state of charge (SOC - battery %) the faster charging speed you'll get.

Is there an Ionity app? I dont see one in the app store, or mention of it on their website. I only see We Charge and the other charger apps.

edit: its not currently available for download https://support.ionity.eu/en/all-about-the-app/ionity-app-currently-not-available-for-download

This, mine looks like it went through a field and its only been doing motorway driving.

Must factor in the additional cost of washes into my man-maths spreadsheet.

Wash it yourself, it's a great way to spend a few hours outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Hey question for anyone who recently ordered, did you get much feedback from the dealer up to when the car was delivered? I have the order in and have to wait another month and a half before they will have an update. Was this the same story for ye who ordered?

crassusg wrote: »
    Hey question for anyone who recently ordered, did you get much feedback from the dealer up to when the car was delivered? I have the order in and have to wait another month and a half before they will have an update. Was this the same story for ye who ordered?

You should be able to contact the salesperson at any time, for whatever you need. I have her on WhatsApp so any questions or queries I have I use that

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I spend enough time in water as it is with the swimming. Besides, because its new, the kids want to be driven everywhere in it, so finding time to wash it is a bit of a challenge.

My usual mobile valet guy is booked up until the end of June. Fair play to him.

I was thinking about getting mud flaps. Would it affect the range?

I was thinking about getting mud flaps. Would it affect the range?

Doubt it, certainly not in any meaningful way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

A few hours? lol. Hardly needs detailing yet..:D

About 20 mins for my humble ID.3, the easiest car I have ever had to wash..

eagerv wrote: »
    A few hours? lol. Hardly needs detailing yet..:D

About 20 mins for my humble ID.3, the easiest car I have ever had to wash..

The alloys on my ID.4 will need 45 mins each I reckon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

The alloys on my ID.4 will need 45 mins each I reckon :(

Yours is blue isn't it? My last car was the same, looked great after washing, but you had to dry it to give best effect. And looked sh1te again after a dirty rain shower...

(Still waiting on pics........:))

eagerv wrote: »
    Yours is blue isn't it? My last car was the same, looked great after washing, but you had to dry it to give best effect. And looked sh1te again after a dirty rain shower...

(Still waiting on pics........:))

Bet he didn't even buy an ID4. All talk

Bet he didn't even buy an ID4. All talk

Well now I have to clean the damn thing otherwise you'll all be giving out about the dirt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Has anyone had their vehicle wallet (manual) change to German?

Was just checking something and the entire manual has been changed. I did get an update the other day about the manual but didn’t check it.

I wonder will VW force OTA updates on the cars or will you be asked if you want to accept it first? How’s it done with Tesla?

cannco253 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their vehicle wallet (manual) change to German?

Was just checking something and the entire manual has been changed. I did get an update the other day about the manual but didn’t check it.

I wonder will VW force OTA updates on the cars or will you be asked if you want to accept it first? How’s it done with Tesla?

Nein, es is immer noch in Englisch geschrieben :D

Regarding updates, I suspect VW can do it either way, either let you decide when to update the car or force the update the next time the car is off

Nein, es is immer noch in Englisch geschrieben :D

Regarding updates, I suspect VW can do it either way, either let you decide when to update the car or force the update the next time the car is off

If it's on a schedule it likely won't work. :pac:

If it's on a schedule it likely won't work. :pac:

It'll download 30% of the update and then stop, then another 10% and stop and never restart :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My dealer was able to change the colour for me so happy days!

Advertisement