Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

you get any indication of delivery date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

crassusg wrote: »
    you get any indication of delivery date ?

More than likely still looking at august. They will let me know when they get a build week.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Picked up the 1st Max on Friday afternoon... My wife went for a spin on Friday evening, she was gone so long I'd thought she'd left me for the car :eek: :)

Having never had an EV before I have to say that I am well impressed. Solid car on the road and road noise is not bad, better than the Allspace we replaced.

So far have done around about 200kms mixed driving and still have 200kms left in the battery so very happy with the range.

Haven't tried charging yet, just got the ID Charger Connect wallbox installed, so have to test that... not holding my breath on the scheduled charging tho based on feedback from everyone so far.

Only issue with the car is the seatbelt height adjuster on the driver side is stuck.. other than that all going well so far. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Achtung !

Regarding your concern in the vehicle wallet changed in German language, please follow the below steps in order to bring it back in English:
    Enter your vehicle.
    Load the Infotainment System of your vehicle.
    Go to the "Menu" and then click the button "Help".
    Click Vehicle Wallet -> Settings -> Digital Manual Language.
    There you can select the English language.

Quickest response yet from the Digital Team. You can select any language you want and it starts to download it to the car and install. Takes about a minute, all back to normal again. No idea how it happened in the first place. Good to know that the download capability is actually working in advance of the OTA updates.

pad199207 wrote: »
    More than likely still looking at august. They will let me know when they get a build week.

Yea same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

crassusg wrote: »
    Yea same here :)

Received the below from dealer :

"the order has been accepted and waiting for a production slot"

What does it mean? We placed an order second week of may and were given approximate delivery time of third week in July.

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Received the below from dealer :

"the order has been accepted and waiting for a production slot"

What does it mean? We placed an order second week of may and were given approximate delivery time of third week in July.

The build week i assume is the production order but could be wrong, think they can estimate the build week but loadsa factors involved in the allocation. Dealers here seem to have limited info compared to other countries (or so they have you believe :) )

I ordered end of april and have an estimated build week mid July so delivery in august

edit: meant mid July

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Have a build week of 15. How long does it take to get delivered to dealer in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Have a build week of 15. How long does it take to get delivered to dealer in Ireland

It depends on how long it sits in the port, I'd say it took 5 weeks from when it was built to when I got it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

It depends on how long it sits in the port, I'd say it took 5 weeks from when it was built to when I got it

So the dealer saying he should have it mid June would be a good estimate

• Advertisement

Liam2021 wrote: »
    So the dealer saying he should have it mid June would be a good estimate

It varies, there's a lot of variables including how bothered they are to move your car along

Once the car lands in Ireland it should take about a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Getting a bit annoyed now, as I understand my car was shipped in the same batch as the_amazing_raisin (same dealer too) and gear_ie who both collected their cars last week. The dealer still has not received my car and has no idea when it will arrive. The ship arrived on 07/05 in Dublin port, is it normal that going on 3 weeks later to still be waiting and the dealer to not know where it is except with the importer (NVD)? He said he’s no way to find out where it is except wait for it to arrive??

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

dave oc wrote: »
    Getting a bit annoyed now, as I understand my car was shipped in the same batch as the_amazing_raisin (same dealer too) and gear_ie who both collected their cars last week. The dealer still has not received my car and has no idea when it will arrive. The ship arrived on 07/05 in Dublin port, is it normal that going on 3 weeks later to still be waiting and the dealer to not know where it is except with the importer (NVD)? He said he’s no way to find out where it is except wait for it to arrive??

That's odd, I'm fairly sure NVD have a contracted delivery time so once it's in their hands dealers get it within a certain number of days. 3 weeks seems too long from what I remember when we got ours. Is the dealer hounding NVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Ah man that's fair annoying... Strange that it didn't arrive on the same transporter as the_amazing_raisin's one... I wonder did the dealer forget to send a Dispatch request notice to the shipper?

For our ID4 it took 9 days from Dispatch request sent by dealer for us to then collect the car. After the Dispatch request was sent the Dealer couldn't tell if the car was on the way or not until it landed with him.

Not sure whats happening to be honest, I need to get onto him today and get specifics on dates as he's kept saying it could be up to 2 weeks from port. I've been onto him fairly regularly since I knew it was shipped, so he should be aware it arrived and requested dispatch. Again there was another ID4 on the same ship that is already handed over, so not sure how mine wouldn't have arrived in the dealer by this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Not sure whats happening to be honest, I need to get onto him today and get specifics on dates as he's kept saying it could be up to 2 weeks from port. I've been onto him fairly regularly since I knew it was shipped, so he should be aware it arrived and requested dispatch. Again there was another ID4 on the same ship that is already handed over, so not sure how mine wouldn't have arrived in the dealer by this stage.

It might have been damaged during transport and is being repaired before delivery to the dealer.

Or it could be sitting in the yard at Dublin dock missing some paperwork for customs clearance.

I suppose it's possible that the car could have been nicked by another dealer to fill an order.

It might have been damaged during transport and is being repaired before delivery to the dealer.

Or it could be sitting in the yard at Dublin dock missing some paperwork for customs clearance.

I suppose it's possible that the car could have been nicked by another dealer to fill an order.

The first 2 are possible I know, I have the vin number of the car so surely the last should not be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Most garages only have access to 1 transporter and it might have a capacity of 7-9 cars.
    I remember getting a new car that arrived into the port and took nearly 4 weeks to get to the garage. The transporter was the reason I was given, and that it was making 2 trips/day for them

Did my first fast charge with the ID.4 earlier at an ESB 50kW

Got ~43kW after starting at 70% SoC. I'm pretty happy with that considering the high SoC, my Leaf would have pretty much peaked at that speed

It was a fairly warm day and I was driving at roughly 90km/h up to that point, so I don't think the battery was particularly warm or cold. I didn't navigate to the charger so the car didn't preheat, I guess it didn't need to

Also had my first experience of using the ESB app to start a charge as I left my card in the Leaf. Took 4 goes to get it started, I'll be bringing the card next time :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Another deposit placed on a car to replace wifey's Ioniq. Hopefully this one will stick :)

She was originally going to get a Niro but ended up not liking it, she placed a deposit on the ID.4 Style in Moonstone Grey today. We've been given a build time of 20 weeks. There was a customer delivery of the ID.4 City with the brown dash that had just come off a transporter, must say it looks really well in person. We did a test drive last Saturday and she was questioning the size of the car, it's only 10cm longer than our Ioniq and 3cm wider. Took it out again this morning and spent some time taking it around the Swords Pavilion car park. The space on the inside was really throwing her perception of how big the car is, the turning circle meant the car was way more manoeuvrable than the Ioniq.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Another deposit placed on a car to replace wifey's Ioniq. Hopefully this one will stick :)

She was originally going to get a Niro but ended up not liking it, she placed a deposit on the ID.4 Style in Moonstone Grey today. We've been given a build time of 20 weeks. There was a customer delivery of the ID.4 City with the brown dash that had just come off a transporter, must say it looks really well in person. We did a test drive last Saturday and she was questioning the size of the car, it's only 10cm longer than our Ioniq and 3cm wider. Took it out again this morning and spent some time taking it around the Swords Pavilion car park. The space on the inside was really throwing her perception of how big the car is, the turning circle meant the car was way more manoeuvrable than the Ioniq.

Nice, did you get a delivery date?

We're going to have half the boardsies EV drivers converted over to VW's at this rate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Is there a way to see what power is being drawn when charging at an ESB 50Kw charging station. Their app doesn't give much info

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is there a way to see what power is being drawn when charging at an ESB 50Kw charging station. Their app doesn't give much info

The old triple head units show the power output on the side at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Hi, was looking at getting an ID.3 Tech but now I'm considering ID.4 Tech.
    Has anyone purchased this model and what is the best list price around?
    Would there be many in the country or would it need to be ordered do you think?

Just wondering what port are the id4 shipped through?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

boardzz wrote: »
    Hi, was looking at getting an ID.3 Tech but now I'm considering ID.4 Tech.
    Has anyone purchased this model and what is the best list price around?
    Would there be many in the country or would it need to be ordered do you think?

I ordered the tech. Tried multiple dealerships to get the best price. None of them has any in the country so need to be ordered. You could be talking at least august for delivery

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Power input to the unit, not the power to the car, but it's a reasonable approximation

Nice, did you get a delivery date?

We're going to have half the boardsies EV drivers converted over to VW's at this rate :)

Not expecting the car for a while, but they'll guarantee the part ex price on the Ioniq. I'm expecting to be told the car will be ready around the October timeframe

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »
    Not expecting the car for a while, but they'll guarantee the part ex price on the Ioniq. I'm expecting to be told the car will be ready around the October timeframe

Probably see pics of yours Liam before we see amazing_raisins car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I've noticed that the charge history in the app gives you the kWh. The best I've got so far on a 50Kw charger is 37.03

Advertisement