Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've noticed that the charge history in the app gives you the kWh. The best I've got so far on a 50Kw charger is 37.03

You're missing power with energy. The app tells you how much energy you consumed (37.03kWh) not the rate of power consumed. 50kW unit will max out at 44kW on the ID4 given the battery packs voltage of 350V and those units run at 125amp. Power = V*A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Just wondering what port are the id4 shipped through?

Emden port in Germany to Dublin port.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dave oc wrote: »
    Not sure whats happening to be honest, I need to get onto him today and get specifics on dates as he's kept saying it could be up to 2 weeks from port. I've been onto him fairly regularly since I knew it was shipped, so he should be aware it arrived and requested dispatch. Again there was another ID4 on the same ship that is already handed over, so not sure how mine wouldn't have arrived in the dealer by this stage.

your being fobbed off.

sk8board wrote: »
    Most garages only have access to 1 transporter and it might have a capacity of 7-9 cars.
    I remember getting a new car that arrived into the port and took nearly 4 weeks to get to the garage. The transporter was the reason I was given, and that it was making 2 trips/day for them

the garage gets a list of cars due in and can mark them to be priority delivered.
    my car landed on a Monday or Tuesday and was delivered to the dealer in the west on the Wednesday and i had the keys on the Friday that was back in feburary.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Emden port in Germany to Dublin port.

That's great. Boat left emden yesterday, hopefully my Id is on that, for delivery in early July

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

shanec1928 wrote: »
    your being fobbed off.

the garage gets a list of cars due in and can mark them to be priority delivered.
    my car landed on a Monday or Tuesday and was delivered to the dealer in the west on the Wednesday and i had the keys on the Friday that was back in feburary.

Presumably not every car can be marked as priority. A main VW dealer could have 250 cars coming in when lockdown ended, and be handing over 10-15/day.
    We got ours in April from VW m50 and the handover bay was being used every hour, roughly.
    Whichever way you cut it, that’s a few weeks to clear a backlog, while their main focus is selling, not handing over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Finally figured out how to turn off the winter tyres warning I kept getting on the motorway

Vehicle->vehicle ->tyres->tyres warning

Simple when someone tells you how...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

sk8board wrote: »
    Presumably not every car can be marked as priority. A main VW dealer could have 250 cars coming in when lockdown ended, and be handing over 10-15/day.
    We got ours in April from VW m50 and the handover bay was being used every hour, roughly.
    Whichever way you cut it, that’s a few weeks to clear a backlog, while their main focus is selling, not handing over.

I think cars have been coming in throughout the lockdown so I'm not sure why they'd have an unusually large backlog...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think cars have been coming in throughout the lockdown so I'm not sure why they'd have an unusually large backlog...

Yep, Airside motor park has been full of new cars for months, delivery is definitely not an issue

There was a big rush in January for the 211 reg and presumably it'll be the same next month for the 212 cars

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Liam2021 wrote: »
    That's great. Boat left emden yesterday, hopefully my Id is on that, for delivery in early July

If it's on a boat that left yesterday you should have it in about 2 weeks. Ours was on the first shipment and once the boat left Emden we collected 2 weeks later. That was the first batch of Id4's that had additional revenue checks as they were a new car on the market and they needed a software update so normal deliveries shouldn't be heavily delayed. Mid June should be a safe bet, ring the dealer and they'll give you confirmation on whether the car is shipped and they'll be able to give a collection window factoring in NVD timescales.

So the app basically just tells me range now. I've tried starting/stopping charging but I just get a "Error occurred. We cannot connect to your vehicle right now" every time. Even noticed that charging settings (charge to X, reduce AC charging) which i'm sure used to work, no longer work. :mad:

Tried charging last night (from 5% battery) and when I plugged in at 9pm it immediately started charging to try hit my 1st departure time of 4am. I reduced the max % charging to 50% and it stopped charging, but when the kids stirred at about 3am I noticed it wasn't charging at all. Got EVNotify out and connected to the car from bed and that was enough to wake it up and start charging. Bit of a rollercoaster charing session and currently sitting on 45% battery. A solid 7.2kW power rate with losses should of brought me up to at least 52% (3am-9am).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so what's it like compared to the fueled Golf?

fryup wrote: »
    so what's it like compared to the fueled Golf?

Wouldn't the Tiguan be a better comparison, being similar in size?

Personally I think there's no comparison when it comes to driving, EVs are better all the way. Instant torque, great acceleration, no gear transitions and a quiet drive

So the app basically just tells me range now. I've tried starting/stopping charging but I just get a "Error occurred. We cannot connect to your vehicle right now" every time. Even noticed that charging settings (charge to X, reduce AC charging) which i'm sure used to work, no longer work. :mad:

Tried charging last night (from 5% battery) and when I plugged in at 9pm it immediately started charging to try hit my 1st departure time of 4am. I reduced the max % charging to 50% and it stopped charging, but when the kids stirred at about 3am I noticed it wasn't charging at all. Got EVNotify out and connected to the car from bed and that was enough to wake it up and start charging. Bit of a rollercoaster charing session and currently sitting on 45% battery. A solid 7.2kW power rate with losses should of brought me up to at least 52% (3am-9am).

That's not good, I had a few issues connecting to the car the first day but it seemed to sort itself out after a while

Maybe the car had a flaky connection to the mobile network?

That's not good, I had a few issues connecting to the car the first day but it seemed to sort itself out after a while

Maybe the car had a flaky connection to the mobile network?

Should be connected to the mobile network, or the house wifi. Both are solid, and the app quickly gives me the remaining range on the car so it's able to connect.

I wonder is the "location settings" for charging being a dick and blocking the app from making changes.

Another VW (non) update on WeCharge prices. Looks like the dealer has removed the section from their website now. Still disappointed about this and am following up with the dealer, again.

Dear Mr XX,

Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services.

Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated your inquiry about the tariff plans. We are sending you this communication to inform you that we have received response to you latest inquiry from the responsible department. As mentioned in our previous communication, the legal team has confirmed that there are no discounted tariff plans for Ireland, therefore, we recommend that you directly contact the website that you bought the offer from. Please be aware, that, additionally, there will be further action taken from our side to clarify the situation with the said website. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Does that mean there's no discount for Ionity for ID3/4 owners? Even with the monthly fee? That's a bit silly.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Does that mean there's no discount for Ionity for ID3/4 owners? Even with the monthly fee? That's a bit silly.

None for Irish owners, every other country gets a discount for the first 3 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Just wondering what charger should I go for ID 4?

We are hoping delivery around mid to end July and I was looking at VW's official charger which i think is too pricey. Its ID charger connect + 7.5 meter cable + Installation = 1608-600 grant = 1000.

We have solar PV so was wondering if anyone else is in similar boat and what charger they went for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There are others but for me the Zappi2 is perfect integration with the PV, I got mine installed during PV install so it was done at cost as part of the deal.
    Just make sure you do no work until after you get grant approval letter.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

slave1 wrote: »
    There are others but for me the Zappi2 is perfect integration with the PV, I got mine installed during PV install so it was done at cost as part of the deal.
    Just make sure you do no work until after you get grant approval letter.

Thanks for your reply.

Is Zappi2 the only one for PV?

• Advertisement

None for Irish owners, every other country gets a discount for the first 3 years :(
    So, if you pay the 17.99 per month, you still pay full price for Ionity too? Jeebus.

We Charge Free 0.73 c/kWh
    We Charge Plus EUR17.49 per month 0.30 c/kWh
    We Charge Go EUR7.49 per month 0.55 c/kWh

cannco253 wrote: »
    We Charge Free 0.73 c/kWh
    We Charge Plus EUR17.49 per month 0.30 c/kWh
    We Charge Go EUR7.49 per month 0.55 c/kWh

How does that sit with

cannco253 wrote: »
    Another VW (non) update on WeCharge prices. Looks like the dealer has removed the section from their website now. Still disappointed about this and am following up with the dealer, again.

Dear Mr XX,

Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services.

Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated your inquiry about the tariff plans. We are sending you this communication to inform you that we have received response to you latest inquiry from the responsible department. As mentioned in our previous communication, the legal team has confirmed that there are no discounted tariff plans for Ireland, therefore, we recommend that you directly contact the website that you bought the offer from. Please be aware, that, additionally, there will be further action taken from our side to clarify the situation with the said website. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

ELM327 wrote: »
    So, if you pay the 17.99 per month, you still pay full price for Ionity too? Jeebus.

Sorry, my mistake

If you pay for the plan you get the discount rate

In other countries ID owners have been getting the We Charge Go plan for free for 3 years which gives 55c/kWh on Ionity

VW Ireland apparently wasn't feeling that generous

Has anyone had trouble connecting the car to their home WiFi? Mine keeps saying my networks security is unsupported, which I find strange as it's in WPA/WPA2 mode

I'm using a Vodafone gigabox with Siro

The whole thing is a mess from VW Ireland. The rates originally (and still in some cases) advertised were

"for 3 years without a monthly basic charge, you can charge at a preferential price of currently 0.53 €/kWh with IONITY with our We Charge Go tariff. The We Charge Plus premium tariff can quickly pay off for frequent drivers: for currently only 0.29 €/kWh at IONITY, you can recharge electricity in the shortest possible time at a monthly basic charge of €9.73 for 3 years."

Product guide still mentions "We Charge Benefits » Reduced tariffs for ID.4 customers" but nobody can explain exactly what the reduced tariffs are and that goes against what the Legal team at VW Digital are saying.....

VW Ireland customer service don't respond to anything at all, the dealer thinks it's not his problem.....yada yada yada

IMHO ID.4 owners in Ireland have been short changed by the whole thing, and nobody seems to care about it.

Still though, mustn't grumble.

So after a week of wandering around town and a couple of jaunts on the M1 I've managed about 19kWh/100km. I'd say 18.5kWh/100km around town, 20.5kWh/100km at motorway speeds

Haven't needed to charge once, although I gave it a couple of quick charges to see how it did. Got 44kW from an ECars 50kW unit despite being at 60% SoC, so happy enough there

I popped up to Ionity today and was averaging just over 50kW. SoC was pretty high, over 50%, so I wasn't expecting to hit even close to peak. I think it might have ramped up more but I was paying full price so didn't want to wait longer

I'd be quite happy to go a week between charges. I'd say with this battery size you could easily enough live without a home charger, although that would obviosly negate some of the cost savings

I finally got around to taking some pictures as well :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pre3q65u53cl4hh/IMG_20210528_142154__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apk8ypqnekxves/IMG_20210528_142205__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3n20q0vg8l0epm/IMG_20210528_142216__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k9i01u16i87m0p/IMG_20210528_142226__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zornfhz48f4p1ya/IMG_20210528_142243.jpg?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

So after a week of wandering around town and a couple of jaunts on the M1 I've managed about 19kWh/100km. I'd say 18.5kWh/100km around town, 20.5kWh/100km at motorway speeds

Haven't needed to charge once, although I gave it a couple of quick charges to see how it did. Got 44kW from an ECars 50kW unit despite being at 60% SoC, so happy enough there

I popped up to Ionity today and was averaging just over 50kW. SoC was pretty high, over 50%, so I wasn't expecting to hit even close to peak. I think it might have ramped up more but I was paying full price so didn't want to wait longer

I'd be quite happy to go a week between charges. I'd say with this battery size you could easily enough live without a home charger, although that would obviosly negate some of the cost savings

I finally got around to taking some pictures as well :D

/QUOTE]

Nice..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Is Zappi2 the only one for PV?

Getting an EV in July and have 5kw of solar .
    Looking at Zappi as it integrates well with solar and HW diverter and other loads in house .
    But it looks as if it might be more than €700 net of grant to install and it got me thinking :
    My excess PV is only 100-150 KW in the summer months and nothing in winter.
    Best/worst case is 150kW excess for may, June, July, aug = 600kW
    600kWh will cost me €60 from ESB (nightrate)so maybe 10 year payback on Zappi.

Might go for a cheaper wall box and still take grant to try to get as near a net €0 if i can.
    Any opinions on other wall boxes with load management baked in ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

mun1 wrote: »
    Getting an EV in July and have 5kw of solar .
    Looking at Zappi as it integrates well with solar and HW diverter and other loads in house .
    But it looks as if it might be more than €700 net of grant to install and it got me thinking :
    My excess PV is only 100-150 KW in the summer months and nothing in winter.
    Best/worst case is 150kW excess for may, June, July, aug = 600kW
    600kWh will cost me €60 from ESB (nightrate)so maybe 10 year payback on Zappi.

Might go for a cheaper wall box and still take grant to try to get as near a net €0 if i can.
    Any opinions on other wall boxes with load management baked in ?

Change to Energia, better rates

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement