Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

So after a week of wandering around town and a couple of jaunts on the M1 I've managed about 19kWh/100km. I'd say 18.5kWh/100km around town, 20.5kWh/100km at motorway speeds

Haven't needed to charge once, although I gave it a couple of quick charges to see how it did. Got 44kW from an ECars 50kW unit despite being at 60% SoC, so happy enough there

I popped up to Ionity today and was averaging just over 50kW. SoC was pretty high, over 50%, so I wasn't expecting to hit even close to peak. I think it might have ramped up more but I was paying full price so didn't want to wait longer

Great photos.
    What card did you use at Ionity , we charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

cannco253 wrote: »
    Great photos.
    What card did you use at Ionity , we charge ?

Used chargepoint via the app, still don't have a card for the ID.4 yet

I'm still unable to activate my We Charge card yet as I'm hitting an error when signing up to plans

I've tried all the usual tricks and deleted We Charges access to my VW account to reset everything.

I've got We Charge support on the case, they were asking a bunch of dumb questions about my credit card so I've had to explain to them that I haven't been able to get even that far

Hopefully they'll get it sorted. I'm going to use Chargepoint for now so there's no hurry, but I'd like to have the option of using We Charge in case I'm doing enough mileage to justify the paid plans

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

slave1 wrote: »
    Change to Energia, better rates

Well with a smart meter, which you'll need for export, it's looking like night rates won't be going below 10c for a while

If you stayed on a day/night meter for the foreseeable future then it might make the Zappi a bit more worthwhile, since you won't make any money from export

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

So after a week of wandering around town and a couple of jaunts on the M1 I've managed about 19kWh/100km. I'd say 18.5kWh/100km around town, 20.5kWh/100km at motorway speeds

Haven't needed to charge once, although I gave it a couple of quick charges to see how it did. Got 44kW from an ECars 50kW unit despite being at 60% SoC, so happy enough there

I popped up to Ionity today and was averaging just over 50kW. SoC was pretty high, over 50%, so I wasn't expecting to hit even close to peak. I think it might have ramped up more but I was paying full price so didn't want to wait longer

I'd be quite happy to go a week between charges. I'd say with this battery size you could easily enough live without a home charger, although that would obviosly negate some of the cost savings

I finally got around to taking some pictures as well :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pre3q65u53cl4hh/IMG_20210528_142154__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apk8ypqnekxves/IMG_20210528_142205__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3n20q0vg8l0epm/IMG_20210528_142216__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k9i01u16i87m0p/IMG_20210528_142226__01.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zornfhz48f4p1ya/IMG_20210528_142243.jpg?dl=0

Nice wheels! Man I need to wash mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

When can you try and enter your commission number into the my Volkswagen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

pad199207 wrote: »

Google search. Track my volkswagen. Brings you to my volkswagen UK. Scroll down to volkswagen dashboard and enter your vin. I have been able to see my car but that's about it.

There is two car transporter ships arriving in to Dublin this evening. One from zeebrugge, the other from Emden, hoping my car is on it and the dealer have it by mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Was about two weeks after the order was placed that myvolkswagen section accepted the commission number you just see the trim and the color though, no real useful info till you get the vin.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

A blue ID4 passed me today with the reg 211-D-4 took me a minute to have the realisation that the owner would’ve paid for that reg as the ID4 hadn’t been released in January. Fair ****s to them I say

DermoMIO wrote: »
    A blue ID4 passed me today with the reg 211-D-4 took me a minute to have the realisation that the owner would’ve paid for that reg as the ID4 hadn’t been released in January. Fair ****s to them I say

How did the blue look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Liam2021 wrote: »
    How did the blue look?

Seen a blue one today for the first time myself out and about and it looked gorgeous

Seen a blue one today for the first time myself out and about and it looked gorgeous

I got passed out on the M50 by another blue ID.4 1st

When I saw him in the mirror I was like "huh, why can I see my car in my own mirror???"

I guess I'd spent too much time in the sun :D

My alloys looked better though :p

I got passed out on the M50 by another blue ID.4 1st

My alloys looked better though :p

How could you see them?

Might you have been looking at his alloys? :P

How could you see them?

Might you have been looking at his alloys? :P

I was judging by the number of looks my car was getting :)

Went to Brittas bay today, first longish trip with the family. Mostly motorway with some traffic, but was generally doing over 100km/h

Left at 82%, arrived home with 40%. Managed 16.1kWh/100km over 185km

I'm pretty impressed with that efficiency, I don't think the Leaf would have managed any better and would need a recharge

The car was absolutely seamless throughout, absolute delight to drive. :)

The Travel assist was spot on pretty much all the way. I've noticed it seems a little unsure which way to go at exits sometimes so I have to hold the wheel to stop it wavering

Sometimes my car didn't want to undertake cars in the fast lane. It doesn't seem to have much of a pattern to it but it's like the car thinks the car in the fast lane is going to pull in front

I was having great fun in a some start and stop traffic on the M11, the travel assist would handle stopping and starting again without any issues and was very smooth at stopping

Really looking forward to the next day trip now :)

I was judging by the number of looks my car was getting :)

Went to Brittas bay today, first longish trip with the family. Mostly motorway with some traffic, but was generally doing over 100km/h

Left at 82%, arrived home with 40%. Managed 16.1kWh/100km over 185km

I'm pretty impressed with that efficiency, I don't think the Leaf would have managed any better and would need a recharge

The car was absolutely seamless throughout, absolute delight to drive. :)

The Travel assist was spot on pretty much all the way. I've noticed it seems a little unsure which way to go at exits sometimes so I have to hold the wheel to stop it wavering

Sometimes my car didn't want to undertake cars in the fast lane. It doesn't seem to have much of a pattern to it but it's like the car thinks the car in the fast lane is going to pull in front

I was having great fun in a some start and stop traffic on the M11, the travel assist would handle stopping and starting again without any issues and was very smooth at stopping

Nah the ACC does that. Spots the car in the right lane and stops you from undertaking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Nah the ACC does that. Spots the car in the right lane and stops you from undertaking them.

It's a great feature to be honest, noticed it on a motorway exit and I thought it was pretty clever

Yeah but it seems hit and miss, generally if traffic was moving slowly in the right hand lane the car was quite happy to go past

It seems to not undertake when driving at fairly high speeds and when the cars to the right and moving at similar speed

Yeah but it seems hit and miss, generally if traffic was moving slowly in the right hand lane the car was quite happy to go past

It seems to not undertake when driving at fairly high speeds and when the cars to the right and moving at similar speed

Yup, to avoid it kicking in when you're on a single lane road and cars are in a turn right filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Another VW update re Ionity.

Maybe if the "Irish Volkswagen Importer" is now being contacted I might be getting close to an answer on this....maybe. The phrase "other than the grants" is interesting as I haven't mentioned anything about grants in previous emails. I'll send VW Ireland another email myself regardless, not that they've replied to any of mine so far...

Dear Mr XX,

Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services. We would like to thank you for your reply and your patience.

We have also notified our Irish Volkswagen importer regarding the matter for further details regarding any We Charge Benefits availability specific for the Irish market other than the grants. If you wish, you may also contact them for a more direct response:

Volkswagen Group Ireland Ltd.
    Block C, Liffey Valley
    Business Campus, Liffey Valley
    Dublin 22 - Ireland
    Email: vwcustomer.service@volkswagen.ie
    Tel: +353 1 898 9700

Also, kindly provide to us in your reply to this email the excerpt of site mentioning the We Charge benefits for the Irish customer so we can have the exact phrasing for further analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Same in the Tesla. A slight nudge on the accelerator tells the car to undertake the line of traffic outside it.. handy when in exit lanes…

• Advertisement

Did they clean up Brittas Bay beach ? last time I was there it was a filthy disgusting kip and I haven't been there since.

I can't wait to try the travel assist in the id.3, I'm hoping it will make my work commute a lot less painful.

On the N7 the traffic can go from 110 - 40 Km/hr in a split second, back to 100 and back to 40 etc etc it's a real pain in the ass and if the car can take over this and keep me in lane I'll be very happy.

Did they clean up Brittas Bay beach ? last time I was there it was a filthy disgusting kip and I haven't been there since.

Well I'd say it's a bit worse for wear after yesterday, place was mobbed with people
    I can't wait to try the travel assist in the id.3, I'm hoping it will make my work commute a lot less painful.

On the N7 the traffic can go from 110 - 40 Km/hr in a split second, back to 100 and back to 40 etc etc it's a real pain in the ass and if the car can take over this and keep me in lane I'll be very happy.

I've never had anything smarter than dumb cruise control on a car so I don't have anything to compare it to

I'm not sure I'd trust it 100% in one of Ireland's famous 120-0 bone jarring motorway stops. I'm sure it'll work, I'm just not quite ready to leave the car in charge yet

One thing to remember is that tapping the brakes will disengage the Travel assist, so if you want to trust the car to stop you have to keep you foot off the brake

It made for a few nerve wracking tests when I got the car!

I have also discovered that the travel assist doesn't care about traffic lights. I wasn't sure if it ever did but it's a bit of a shame since it should be simple enough to implement, since the car has road sign recognition already

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I have also discovered that the travel assist doesn't care about traffic lights. I wasn't sure if it ever did but it's a bit of a shame since it should be simple enough to implement, since the car has road sign recognition already

Much more difficult task. Traffic sign recognition is just feeding information back to the vehicle from what it sees.
    Controlling the vehicle based on traffic lights is much more advanced.

boardzz wrote: »
    Much more difficult task. Traffic sign recognition is just feeding information back to the vehicle from what it sees.
    Controlling the vehicle based on traffic lights is much more advanced.

Argumably the traffic lights should be easier to 'see' since they're lit up and you don't need to deal with poor visibility

But I guess figuring out the correct location to stop would be tricky

Hopefully as Car2X becomes standard they'll start fitting traffic lights with radio systems so they can tell the cars what's going on. Could make a traffic control system a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's about twenty minutes or less from mine, filthy disgusting kip is a bit of an odd description tbh. But I've noticed you complain about literally anything. The levels of hyperbole about the enyak grille demostrates that.

Brittas is fine. Packed when it gets busy like any beach. Filthy disgusting kip it is not.

listermint wrote: »
    It's about twenty minutes or less from mine, filthy disgusting kip is a bit of an odd description tbh. But I've noticed you complain about literally anything. The levels of hyperbole about the enyak grille demostrates that.

Brittas is fine. Packed when it gets busy like any beach. Filthy disgusting kip it is not.

You're correct, I'm such a moaner, must have been some other beach I saw that day, broken bottles and beer cans and dirty nappies among other rubbish. Couldn't have been Brittas Bay.

Yes, having looked at it again I really think the Skoda Enyaq Grill is really beautiful, credit to Skoda for designing such an attractive grill, I'm even going to ask Skoda if they can make one in a frame I can hang over the fireplace.

listermint wrote: »

You get used to him :D

I will say that while Brittas bay is one of the nicest beaches I've been to in Ireland, the bathroom facilities are pretty woeful even by public toilet standards

One of the advantages of wearing masks is they block out the horror show of smells in that place

That and the parking are the only issues with the beach that I can see. I'm guessing it'll be pretty wrecked after the coming summer, since everyone is eager to get outdoors when the weather is good and I doubt the current facilities can cope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was in brittas bay a couple of weeks ago and it was spotless and the toilets were grand. Handy enough spin from here - I’ll be going back.

fits wrote: »
    I was in brittas bay a couple of weeks ago and it was spotless and the toilets were grand. Handy enough spin from here - I’ll be going back.

Oh we will too, the missus was trying to figure out if she could take the day off work to go there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was parked beside a very huge Audi EV there too. looked well. No idea what it was.

Advertisement