Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

My car will finally arrive at the dealer tomorrow, might be able to pick it up tomorrow too! (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Same in the Tesla. A slight nudge on the accelerator tells the car to undertake the line of traffic outside it.. handy when in exit lanes…

This. Just tap the accelerator and it will cancel the cautiousness and continue to undertake.

I guess the car just needs a sign that you’re aware of what’s going on!

We’re on the 3th VW with ACC and I must say it’s gotten far more intuitive over the iterations

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

dave oc wrote: »
    My car will finally arrive at the dealer tomorrow, might be able to pick it up tomorrow too! (fingers crossed)

Great news, glad to hear there's finally some progress :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fits wrote: »
    I was parked beside a very huge Audi EV there too. looked well. No idea what it was.

could only be an Etron.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭fits

Cyrus wrote: »
    could only be an Etron.

Made my q5 look tiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Has anyone managed to order a VW We Charge Card using the We Connect ID app?

I keep getting "Oops! Something went wrong here. Please try again" when I select a plan on the "We Charge by Elli" page.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android Version 11.

I'm awaiting help from Volkswagen at Elli Support Team, having been on the phone to them for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

kesey wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to order a VW We Charge Card using the We Connect ID app?

I keep getting "Oops! Something went wrong here. Please try again" when I select a plan on the "We Charge by Elli" page.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android Version 11.

I'm awaiting help from Volkswagen at Elli Support Team, having been on the phone to them for quite a while.

Don't hold your breath, you'll turn a funny colour.

I've been trying to get this issue sorted since last March! The "help" staff are useless.

Don't hold your breath, you'll turn a funny colour.

I've been trying to get this issue sorted since last March! The "help" staff are useless.

Likewise I still haven't been able to register for any of the We Charge plans

Tried my phone and my wife's phone, still getting an error every time I select a plan :rolleyes:

I'd suggest using Chargepoint for Ionity and just an ESB card for everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

Had seen this on YouTube and thought it would never happen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuYvRS5Bf4

Today, my rear LED is sitting about 20mm proud of the boot.

Not sure if this is an issue or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

could only be an Etron.

yeah they dont look huge in photos but its a big car in the metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

yeah they dont look huge in photos but its a big car in the metal.

Saw my first one at Ionity Gorey last Tuesday. Only other EV I have ever seen there charging after about 22 visits:).

It was big alright, dwarfing my little ID.3. Wheels were huge, liked the yellow calipers..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Likewise I still haven't been able to register for any of the We Charge plans

Tried my phone and my wife's phone, still getting an error every time I select a plan :rolleyes:

I'd suggest using Chargepoint for Ionity and just an ESB card for everywhere else

Same here. Picked up the ID.4 mid March and tried to setup via the app in the dealership. Ice cream cone, and even they couldn't fix it.

No amount of fast-tracking by them, or back and forth with the "service" (!?) desk has resolved anything.

Bit of a joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Would you not wait 4 weeks to get a 212 reg?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

boccy23 wrote: »
    Had seen this on YouTube and thought it would never happen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuYvRS5Bf4

Today, my rear LED is sitting about 20mm proud of the boot.

Not sure if this is an issue or not.

Yup. Happened to mine a few weeks back. Was in with VW today but it was cool enough to not sit proud of the bodywork so I didn't bother mentioning it to them.

Another time

Yup. Happened to mine a few weeks back. Was in with VW today but it was cool enough to not sit proud of the bodywork so I didn't bother mentioning it to them.

Another time

In the video he mentioned that there's updated brackets and if it happens you can get them replaced by the VW dealership for free

Has anyone tried this here?

boardzz wrote: »
    Would you not wait 4 weeks to get a 212 reg?

Once the car is with the dealership they're obliged to register it, they can't sit on it

Today my car is having an argument with the mobile network and won't go into online mode

Anyone else had this issue? This is the basic telematics, not the data connection (which I never bothered with)

In other news, I've managed 16.1kWh/100km over the past few days including a 185km trip to Wicklow on the M50 and M11. The air con is evidently quite easygoing on consumption

Some advanced maths tells me that works out with a range of 475km :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Once the car is with the dealership they're obliged to register it, they can't sit on it

Who told you that? Mine is sitting at the dealer waiting for it’s 212 plate

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Today my car is having an argument with the mobile network and won't go into online mode

Anyone else had this issue? This is the basic telematics, not the data connection (which I never bothered with)

In other news, I've managed 16.1kWh/100km over the past few days including a 185km trip to Wicklow on the M50 and M11. The air con is evidently quite easygoing on consumption

Some advanced maths tells me that works out with a range of 475km :eek:

Nice. Seems like our 100% range (according to the gom) is 420km. Got that a couple of times I had to charge to 100%... I probably charge to 100% more often than I need to. Just because scheduled charging is so unpredictable, if I can get it to charge to 100% I'll take it (typically only when I've anything like a "bit of a drive" the next day).

On that note, got a decent charge last night. Plugged in at around 9, started charging at 10.25pm which is outside my preferred charging times, and through the night it charged up to 100%. Charging rate was all over the place all night, but it finished at 6.50am, 2 hours before the end of my preferred charging time. End result was acceptable though, full charge, limited day units used.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Used chargepoint via the app, still don't have a card for the ID.4 yet

I'm still unable to activate my We Charge card yet as I'm hitting an error when signing up to plans

I've tried all the usual tricks and deleted We Charges access to my VW account to reset everything.

I've got We Charge support on the case, they were asking a bunch of dumb questions about my credit card so I've had to explain to them that I haven't been able to get even that far

Hopefully they'll get it sorted. I'm going to use Chargepoint for now so there's no hurry, but I'd like to have the option of using We Charge in case I'm doing enough mileage to justify the paid plans

Just wanted to identify that I am having exactly the same experience, the same issue, also unable to sign up for any plans (even the paid subscription one we SHOULD be getting for free :-) )in the app, and have a similar lack of response from the support teams overs a 6+ week period since mid-april. multiple tickets opened without progress, so you are absolutely not the only person experiencing the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Picked up my 1st today! Very pleased with it, coming from an 06 3 series the difference is huge. Very smooth and the instant power/automatic make it fun to drive.

Love the blue colour, so glad I went for it over the others. Will try to get it cleaned and waxed at the weekend depending on weather. And the seat colour isn’t as jarring as I remembered, as I thought the brown was brighter.

I’ll need to spend a good bit of time going though all the menus and options, have the basics of what everything does but need time to customise it to my liking. And there’s some things like double pressing unlock that took a few mins to figure out.

I could have waited for a 212 reg, but didn’t want to wait tbh. Tax was out on my old car and was getting jealous of everyone else getting their cars :) also hounding the dealer recently for delivery, so would have been a bit odd to then wait a month.

Looking forward to taking it for a few decent spins in the next few weeks. Dublin-Wexford will be a regular run so I’ll be checking out the Gorey and Coynes Cross chargers. And I have my EO mini pro 2 at home that will do for most of my charging, I won’t waste time for now with the ID scheduled charging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Mine is waiting for a 212 plate aswell and it's not coming quick enough.

That's what the dealer told me, so I guess they're not willing to wait

Picked up my 1st today! Very pleased with it, coming from an 06 3 series the difference is huge. Very smooth and the instant power/automatic make it fun to drive.

Love the blue colour, so glad I went for it over the others. Will try to get it cleaned and waxed at the weekend depending on weather. And the seat colour isn’t as jarring as I remembered, as I thought the brown was brighter.

I’ll need to spend a good bit of time going though all the menus and options, have the basics of what everything does but need time to customise it to my liking. And there’s some things like double pressing unlock that took a few mins to figure out.

I could have waited for a 212 reg, but didn’t want to wait tbh. Tax was out on my old car and was getting jealous of everyone else getting their cars :) also hounding the dealer recently for delivery, so would have been a bit odd to then wait a month.

Looking forward to taking it for a few decent spins in the next few weeks. Dublin-Wexford will be a regular run so I’ll be checking out the Gorey and Coynes Cross chargers. And I have my EO mini pro 2 at home that will do for most of my charging, I won’t waste time for now with the ID scheduled charging ;)

Glad to hear you got sorted out in the end, wear well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

cannco253 wrote: »
    Another VW update re Ionity.

Maybe if the "Irish Volkswagen Importer" is now being contacted I might be getting close to an answer on this....maybe. The phrase "other than the grants" is interesting as I haven't mentioned anything about grants in previous emails. I'll send VW Ireland another email myself regardless, not that they've replied to any of mine so far...

Dear Mr XX,

Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services. We would like to thank you for your reply and your patience.

We have also notified our Irish Volkswagen importer regarding the matter for further details regarding any We Charge Benefits availability specific for the Irish market other than the grants. If you wish, you may also contact them for a more direct response:

Volkswagen Group Ireland Ltd.
    Block C, Liffey Valley
    Business Campus, Liffey Valley
    Dublin 22 - Ireland
    Email: vwcustomer.service@volkswagen.ie
    Tel: +353 1 898 9700

Also, kindly provide to us in your reply to this email the excerpt of site mentioning the We Charge benefits for the Irish customer so we can have the exact phrasing for further analysis.

Just to identify that I first raised a complaint to the email address above specifying the complaint that ID4 owners were not receiving the advertised rates and service plan offerings on 8 April last - nearly 2 months ago now.

(BTW, The initial response from this email address suggested that it was 'a known issue with iOS devices and the were working on it' :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

Further questions to this email address were eventually met with a "VW Ireland cannot speak to this issue, you must contact We Charge as this is a We Charge issue managed centrally and not a VWGI issue." type response.

Gave the car a good wash today, it needs a bit more washing that I'm used to, I probably spent 2 hours in all and I didn't do much detailing, just washing :o

I did get it dried and took some pictures just before the rain started, gotta say those wheel look good when they've just been cleaned :)

IMG_20210602_132158__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132208__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132219__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132233__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132240__01.jpg?raw=1

I'm still having issues with the car's data connection. I get a spinning circle for ages when I start the car then it just says something like "Data connection not available"

App can't connect to car and the car is stuck in offline mode :(

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this one? Or is this one that only the dealership can fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Are you trying to connect from the same location each time and did it ever connect from that location?

When I got my car the dealer couldn't set it up due to a poor signal - I did it myself when I got home.

cannco253 wrote: »
    Are you trying to connect from the same location each time and did it ever connect from that location?

When I got my car the dealer couldn't set it up due to a poor signal - I did it myself when I got home.

Yeah it was working up until yesterday, tried rebooting the infotainment in a couple of different locations but that doesn't seem to help

It seems to be the cars connection that is the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Yeah it was working up until yesterday, tried rebooting the infotainment in a couple of different locations but that doesn't seem to help

It seems to be the cars connection that is the issue

Have you tried hot spotting off your mobile data ? That was 1 trick to try get the app to recognise the car

Advertisement