Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Have you tried hot spotting off your mobile data ? That was 1 trick to try get the app to recognise the car

I'll try it, but that doesn't really solve the problem as I have to be in the car for the app to work

The app is fine, I already registered it weeks ago. The car has lost its connection to the mobile network is the problem

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

I'll try it, but that doesn't really solve the problem as I have to be in the car for the app to work

The app is fine, I already registered it weeks ago. The car has lost its connection to the mobile network is the problem

Yea I get that. But your car can connect to WiFi for an internet connection when it’s own sim can’t get a strong signal as a backup, so I’m suggesting using your phone as a hotspot for the cars WiFi and see if you get a 4g icon where your missing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Did you try to set up the free cubic telecom data plan (I think it's still free)?

https://auto.cubictelecom.com/

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Yea I get that. But your car can connect to WiFi for an internet connection when it’s own sim can’t get a strong signal as a backup, so I’m suggesting using your phone as a hotspot for the cars WiFi and see if you get a 4g icon where your missing it

Ah okay, I get you now

I'll give it a shot and see what happens

cannco253 wrote: »
    Did you try to set up the free cubic telecom data plan (I think it's still free)?

https://auto.cubictelecom.com/

No, trying to not use that until I have a need for it

This is the basic telematics which isn't working, so I'm guessing the data plan wouldn't work even if I had it

It's like the onboard SIM can't connect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

No, trying to not use that until I have a need for it

This is the basic telematics which isn't working, so I'm guessing the data plan wouldn't work even if I had it

It's like the onboard SIM can't connect

I think that has happened twice since I first got the car, and both times it solved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Gave the car a good wash today, it needs a bit more washing that I'm used to, I probably spent 2 hours in all and I didn't do much detailing, just washing :o

I did get it dried and took some pictures just before the rain started, gotta say those wheel look good when they've just been cleaned :)

IMG_20210602_132158__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132208__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132219__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132233__01.jpg?raw=1
    IMG_20210602_132240__01.jpg?raw=1

It's looking very well. The blue really works in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Gave the car a good wash today, it needs a bit more washing that I'm used to, I probably spent 2 hours in all and I didn't do much detailing, just washing :o

I did get it dried and took some pictures just before the rain started, gotta say those wheel look good when they've just been cleaned :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics on a sunny day..:)

Looks great, just want to see you doing a bit of work cleaning her again..:D

Liam2021 wrote: »
    It's looking very well. The blue really works in it.

Thanks, the one drawback is that it shows the dirt more than grey or black

But, when it's clean it looks fantastic IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cheers for the pics Raisin. Looks fantastic!

In other news I seen an Enyaq in the flesh for the first time today and I’m totally delighted that I went for the ID 4.

Way too Minivanish going on with the design and the rear to me looks even worse in real life.

Interior is nice though there’s no denying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 frankthetank83

Well with a smart meter, which you'll need for export, it's looking like night rates won't be going below 10c for a while

If you stayed on a day/night meter for the foreseeable future then it might make the Zappi a bit more worthwhile, since you won't make any money from export

Electric Ireland have a Night Booster tariff of 5c per kwh. Its available from 2-4am so i schedule my charge for this time at night to top up the battery most nights. Even if you need more juice, the night rate still exists at 10c from 11pm-2am and 4am - 8am. I was also looking at their free weekend offer where its free electricity on a Saturday or Sunday but if you're out and about in the car at weekend it might not make sense and i didn't like the thought of doing loads of laundry on my weekend!

Electric Ireland have a Night Booster tariff of 5c per kwh. Its available from 2-4am so i schedule my charge for this time at night to top up the battery most nights. Even if you need more juice, the night rate still exists at 10c from 11pm-2am and 4am - 8am. I was also looking at their free weekend offer where its free electricity on a Saturday or Sunday but if you're out and about in the car at weekend it might not make sense and i didn't like the thought of doing loads of laundry on my weekend!

I just hope VW get the charging timers sorted before I get a smart meter!

catharsis wrote: »
    I think that has happened twice since I first got the car, and both times it solved itself.

The connection fixed itself today, I can now use online mode and the app is working

In other news, without the app I was forced to use the charging timer, which worked out fairly successfully

I had the departure time set for 8am with a charge limit of 80% and preferred times of midnight to 8am

Starting SoC was around 45% I think

I looked out the window sometime after midnight and didn't see the green light, so car wasn't charging at that point

When I left this morning around 9.30 (slow morning :o) the car was at 77% and the app was claiming 79%. I think it hadn't synced at that point

I have the aircon set to come on at 8.45 so that might have used some battery since it's outside the allowed times. 2% seems a bit high, I'm guessing it got to something like 78.1% and the app rounds up (79%) and the car rounds down (dropped to 77.9% then rounds down to 77%)

I'm actually surprised how well the time worked all things considered. I'd be p!ssed if I'd needed 100% but for now it seems good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

In other news, without the app I was forced to use the charging timer, which worked out fairly successfully
    I'm actually surprised how well the time worked all things considered. I'd be p!ssed if I'd needed 100% but for now it seems good enough

The gotcha is that you could do the exact same test on your car tomorrow and it could fail. Reliability is the problem.

I've had my first proper issue today. Driving on M50 earlier and got a "Warnings and Information not available" error

Speedo, cruise control, lane assist, and all the driving info disappeared. Good thing I was conservative in traffic, not sure the guards would be impressed with my excuse if I was over the limit

Stopped into Blanch and did some shopping, by the time I'd come back the car had fixed itself

Is there any way to do a hard reset of the car? I tried turning the power on and off while parked but it didn't fully shut down. I also rebooted the infortainment but that didn't help either

I basically had to walk away and wait for the car to shut down fully to reset everything

I've had my first proper issue today. Driving on M50 earlier and got a "Warnings and Information not available" error

Speedo, cruise control, lane assist, and all the driving info disappeared. Good thing I was conservative in traffic, not sure the guards would be impressed with my excuse if I was over the limit

Stopped into Blanch and did some shopping, by the time I'd come back the car had fixed itself

Is there any way to do a hard reset of the car? I tried turning the power on and off while parked but it didn't fully shut down. I also rebooted the infortainment but that didn't help either

I basically had to walk away and wait for the car to shut down fully to reset everything

Now ya see that makes me nervous and was one of the reasons why I was so anxious to order

pad199207 wrote: »
    Now ya see that makes me nervous and was one of the reasons why I was so anxious to order

Yeah I thought I was leading a charmed life up to that point as I didn't have to deal with any of the big issues others have been having

I guess I jinxed it with my positive attitude

Yeah I thought I was leading a charmed life up to that point as I didn't have to deal with any of the big issues others have been having

I guess I jinxed it with my positive attitude

Are these issues easily fixed by Volkswagen?

Did you do the long press of the power button or just off and back on?

Other than the "long press" reboot there isnt anything else apart from turning the car off and leaving it for a while to go to sleep.... not sure how long it needs for that... probably 20mins or so but not sure exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Speedo, cruise control, lane assist, and all the driving info disappeared.

Had the same issue last week. Went away when I parked up the car and left it alone. Hasn't come back since... touch wood...

• Advertisement

Are these issues easily fixed by Volkswagen?

Its "just" software so should be easy but VW are still learning.

The last update really improved things massively. There are only a few gremlins left... charge timers being the big one and then occasional phantom errors that correct themselves on a restart... the car is still worth it... put down that deposit! :)

KCross wrote: »
    Its "just" software so should be easy but VW are still learning.

The last update really improved things massively. There are only a few gremlins left... charge timers being the big one and then occasional phantom errors that correct themselves on a restart... the car is still worth it... put down that deposit! :)

Oh the deposit is well and truly down. But these are things i didnt want to be hearing. But look maybe come August all these teething problems will be all ironed out.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Oh the deposit is well and truly down. But these are things i didnt want to be hearing. But look maybe come August all these teething problems will be all ironed out.

At least you're not pinning yourself to one specific August.

KCross wrote: »
    Did you do the long press of the power button or just off and back on?

Other than the "long press" reboot there isnt anything else apart from turning the car off and leaving it for a while to go to sleep.... not sure how long it needs for that... probably 20mins or so but not sure exactly.

I tried the infotainment power button, resetting that had no effect

I toggled the "ignition" on and off but no luck

Might see what a long press of that does, maybe it'll reset the car

There's another update coming soon apparently, hopefully that'll fix some of the issues

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Hi Folks,

Any idea what the lead time is on these at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

What do you all use to track charging? I had set preferred charging from 00:00 to 08:00 last night to charge to 80% but woke to 60% - not an issue as not going anywhere - but I'm trying to figure out how much time I need it plugged in to get it to 80%...

The Connect ID app only tells me when I've plugged the car in and when I've plugged out with no details on power usage or anything - would have thought I'd have more details especially given I have the ID Charger Connect... unless I'm missing something...?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

There's another update coming soon apparently, hopefully that'll fix some of the issues

Where are you finding out that an update is coming soon?

dave oc wrote: »
    Where are you finding out that an update is coming soon?

There was chatter about it on the ID.3 thread, one of the German youtubers has some contacts with VW and apparently got a sneak peak

VW committed to regular updates, every 6 months I think, so there should be one soon anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Did many people sign up for the VW service plan that includes tyres? Seems like good value, I tried to ask if there was any thresholds to be hit before they are changed like thread depth or are they definitely done during the 3 years but didn't get much of an answer.

Obviously comes down to milage and tyre wear, but I'd hate to pay the 3 years and not get the value of the set of tyres changed as the EV service wouldn't cost the total of that plan.

Advertisement