Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Car has arrived to the garage in Cavan. Can't wait until the 2nd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I noticed that panel at the boot coming away in the heat, as discussed earlier in thread. Anyone said it to a dealer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Looking to make a few quid on their purchase. Try find that spec for less than 44k now!

Any sign of demo 1sts or are they all gone already too?

Mentioned this upthread, but it seems there's plenty of 1st Editions still landing in the UK and I've seen people saying they wouldn't be getting their 1st until July or maybe even later. None here though....

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mentioned this upthread, but it seems there's plenty of 1st Editions still landing in the UK and I've seen people saying they wouldn't be getting their 1st until July or maybe even later. None here though....

1st max perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭fits

What was approximate price of 1st edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

fits wrote: »
    What was approximate price of 1st edition?

About 42k OTR, some people got about 1.5k off from dealers but that seemed to be the max discount.

About 42k OTR, some people got about 1.5k off from dealers but that seemed to be the max discount.

That looks like a great deal now for the 77kWH battery. If I’d been clued in sooner maybe we would have gone for it.

That looks like a great deal now for the 77kWH battery. If I’d been clued in sooner maybe we would have gone for it.

Ya, it turns out to have been a good deal but it was hard to know at the time. From what posters here had said there wasn't much difference between the id3 1st and the series in terms of price for similar spec so I thought it probably wasn't a bad deal even if it wasn't a great one. It's big money but was very similar to what a friend paid for a high spec RAV4 and generally I think the id4 had a higher spec except for the automatic tailgate, which I find slow and annoying. The one feature I really wish came as standard is keyless entry :(

Yeah I’m going to find that very useful with young kids. ( have an ID.3 tour on order.

42k OTR after "deals" from dealers. The ROTR price was €43423 (that includes delivery of €1k). Dealers regularly quoted me €42k, 1 quoted less, that's who I bought from.
    Ya, it turns out to have been a good deal but it was hard to know at the time. From what posters here had said there wasn't much difference between the id3 1st and the series in terms of price for similar spec so I thought it probably wasn't a bad deal even if it wasn't a great one. It's big money but was very similar to what a friend paid for a high spec RAV4 and generally I think the id4 had a higher spec except for the automatic tailgate, which I find slow and annoying. The one feature I really wish came as standard is keyless entry :(

The series model prices were known when 1st models were still available. That spurred me on a bit to grab one. I had 3 options to me... 1. Pay up and buy the 1st now, 2. Hold onto our ioniq for as long as we could handle and try get a 2nd hand 1st in a year, 3. Go back to ICE or PHEV which depreciation sets in on electric SUVs.

1. The option we went with has worked out well so far
    2. Judging by that 1 for sale ad 1sts might keep their value very well
    3. I would of hated it, and given my expectations of 2 (slow depreciation) the money we spent on petrol could offset the savings from depreciation.

If only the damn thing would charge right. Started at 50% last night (after only giving me 10% the night before), and after a lot of coaxing throughout the night I got it to charge to 78% by the time I unplugged this morning. Had it set to 100% (weekend away). It'll do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Do you mind me asking what issues you are having with charging, is it just the scheduled charging isn't working?

Picking up an ID4 in 2 weeks and don't want to get caught out

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what issues you are having with charging, is it just the scheduled charging isn't working?

robbie, I have an ID.4v 1st which I charge using my Zappi. Scheduled charging using the night meter works faultlessly, and has done since I had the Zappi installed in early May. Previous to that I used the granny charger to top up.

Charging is set using the Zappi directly, or by using the app on my android phone or iPad. If I need to charge, all I need to do is plug in the ID.4 when I've finished using the car for the day and let the Zappi do it's thing. Once you set a schedule on the Zappi for every day, it's totally plug and charge thereafter.

Whether I've set the ID.4 to charge to 80% or 100% it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Enjoy the ID.4. It's a great car.

Cheers Kesey, Wife will be using it mainly as her previous car (Diesel) couldn't cope with the short journeys multiple times a day.

Do you mind me asking where you got the Zappi Charger, I was looking at the one from Electric Ireland.

Also, do you set the charger to 80% max just to preserve the battery life or what are the benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Just got quoted the following :

VW ID4 City 52KW €35,436
    VW ID4 Style 52KW €39,546

he said 799 tow bar but wasnt sure, can the small one take a tow bar ?

kesey wrote: »
    robbie, I have an ID.4v 1st which I charge using my Zappi. Scheduled charging using the night meter works faultlessly, and has done since I had the Zappi installed in early May. Previous to that I used the granny charger to top up.

Charging is set using the Zappi directly, or by using the app on my android phone or iPad. If I need to charge, all I need to do is plug in the ID.4 when I've finished using the car for the day and let the Zappi do it's thing. Once you set a schedule on the Zappi for every day, it's totally plug and charge thereafter.

Whether I've set the ID.4 to charge to 80% or 100% it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Enjoy the ID.4. It's a great car.

While you're not wrong kesey, you're adding to some confusion. You're using your zappi to schedule charging. No one is saying the Zappi has issues scheduling charging.
    I'm using the ID.4s onboard scheduled charging system to manage (I loosely use that term) it, and it does not work with any sort of positive consistency. Set up scheduled charging, expect it to work, and you'll be disappointed 100% of the time.
    Charging the car without scheduled charging works just fine.

Note* Scheduled charging in the ID cars is location based, so you define a charging location of your house and set parameters for charging there. It's a clever idea, but the implementation was not clever.

celtic_oz wrote: »
    Just got quoted the following :

VW ID4 City 52KW €35,436

he said 799 tow bar but wasnt sure, can the small one take a tow bar ?

77kWh Battery
    Towing load of 750kg unbraked.
    1,000kg braked at 12% incline.
    1,200kg braked at 8% incline.

52kWh
    1,000kg braked at 8% incline.

While you're not wrong kesey, you're adding to some confusion. You're using your zappi to schedule charging. No one is saying the Zappi has issues scheduling charging.
    I'm using the ID.4s onboard scheduled charging system to manage (I loosely use that term) it, and it does not work with any sort of positive consistency. Set up scheduled charging, expect it to work, and you'll be disappointed 100% of the time.

Note* Scheduled charging in the ID cars is location based, so you define a charging location of your house and set parameters for charging there. It's a clever idea, but the implementation was not clever.

So I'll just avoid the ID4 Scheduled charging feature for a while?

77kWh Battery

52kWh

Thanks .. has anyone ever got a towbar and if so how much did you pay

Are these quotes ok for the 52kwh ?

VW ID4 City 52KW €35,436

77kWh Battery

52kWh

What’s this incline business about? Does it mean to avoid steep hills? Or is it something else entirely?

So I'll just avoid the ID4 Scheduled charging feature for a while?

Certainly if you need X% the next day i'd not use it. Typically if I have a long drive ahead, i'll start charging 2 nights before in the hope that the first night I get some charge and the 2nd night I get to my specified %.

Others suggest using the app to manually start charging as close to midnight as you can from inside your house (assuming you have a night rate meter installed). Alas for me the app fails to start charging 100% of the time. I'll get onto VW about that soon enough.

• Advertisement

Cheers Kesey, Wife will be using it mainly as her previous car (Diesel) couldn't cope with the short journeys multiple times a day.

Do you mind me asking where you got the Zappi Charger, I was looking at the one from Electric Ireland.

Also, do you set the charger to 80% max just to preserve the battery life or what are the benefits?

I got the Zappi from epower.ie. They have a group of independent installers and will have one of them come out to survey your property to quote and recommend prior to buying.

In normal usage, it's recommended to charge to 80% for battery care reasons. If you are doing a long journey where you need the full available travel distance, then you can charge to 100% the day or night before. Leaving the high voltage battery with 100% charge for long periods is not recommended.

This site is pretty clear, and has good info:
    https://pod-point.com/guides/driver/how-to-charge-electric-car
    As far as I'm aware, Pod-points are not available in Ireland at the moment.

p.s. I found epower.ie very good to deal with. They answered all questions clearly and gave good advice. Post-install they answered my questions clearly, quickly and accurately.

celtic_oz wrote: »
    Thanks .. has anyone ever got a towbar and if so how much did you pay

Are these quotes ok for the 52kwh ?

VW ID4 City 52KW €35,436

I'd not buy at those prices. That's literally the price from the brochure. If that's that dealers best price, go to another dealer. Paint is €700 extra too. Tow bar price is in the brochure too. €985
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/ID4.html
    What’s this incline business about? Does it mean to avoid steep hills? Or is it something else entirely?

Hills, yes.

Hills, yes.

That’s bonkers. What are you supposed to do? Measure the incline before driving up it !

( I tow big loads regularly - hence the interest)

Black_Knight, I agree that the ID.4's onboard charging is still not working, afaik, correctly. Worse, it's pretty abysmal. And that is unacceptable from a company like VW. How hard can it be to get in a group of competent programmers?

However, I was making the point that it is possible to schedule the ID.4 without pain (other than paying for the charger installation). A lot of people who are reading these threads may only see the threads noting problems, and may not realise that there are ways around the problems.

BTW, Black-Knight thanks a mill for your many very informative posts.

It’s certainly a relief for me to hear there are ways around it with zappi as I’ll be doing 260 km round trips in near future leaving at 6 am so charging has to be reliable for me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Once they get that working consistently it's a cool feature. I've accidentally left my car on scheduled charging at a public AC point a few times :)

42k OTR after "deals" from dealers. The ROTR price was €43423 (that includes delivery of €1k). Dealers regularly quoted me €42k, 1 quoted less, that's who I bought from.

ROTR was €42,248 according to the brochure.

€41k was the best deal I was able to get but I think a few people got a bit lower.

liamog wrote: »
    Once they get that working consistently it's a cool feature. I've accidentally left my car on scheduled charging at a public AC point a few times :)

Yup. Took me months to notice the scheduled charging override button in the Ioniq. Got caught out a few times before that.

ROTR was €42,248 according to the brochure.
    RRP was/is €42,243
    ROTR includes delivery of €1000, thus €43,423.

Not sure what brochure you're looking at, but i've just downloaded the brochure and it matches the brochure I had from 3-4 months ago at €43423.

Are you looking at the old vat rates brochure?

• Advertisement

Frank Keane Volkswagen Liffey Valley just said they had 12 last week and they are sold out today

Advertisement