Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

RRP was/is €42,243
    ROTR includes delivery of €1000, thus €43,423.

Not sure what brochure you're looking at, but i've just downloaded the brochure and it matches the brochure I had from 3-4 months ago at €43423.

Are you looking at the old vat rates brochure?

Its the December 2020 brochure from when we bought. Didn't think the VAT changed the price by 1k though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its the December 2020 brochure from when we bought. Didn't think the VAT changed the price by 1k though.

Yup. Would do.

In very rough numbers. €43432 @ 23% vat = pre vat cost of €35310
    €35310 @ 20% vat (the reduced rate) = €42372

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Certainly if you need X% the next day i'd not use it. Typically if I have a long drive ahead, i'll start charging 2 nights before in the hope that the first night I get some charge and the 2nd night I get to my specified %.

Others suggest using the app to manually start charging as close to midnight as you can from inside your house (assuming you have a night rate meter installed). Alas for me the app fails to start charging 100% of the time. I'll get onto VW about that soon enough.

Why not manually start the charge session from the car?
    Even if it means starting the charge session an hour or two earlier during day rate so be it, it would be alot less hassle and infinitely more reliable than what you're currently doing.

Just to be sure to be sure... have you clicked the Car icon at the bottom of the app, then clicked Settings, then click "Mobie online services" and ensured all those sliders are on, in particular the "Charging" one?

KCross wrote: »
    Why not manually start the charge session from the car?
    Even if it means starting the charge session an hour or two earlier during day rate so be it, it would be alot less hassle and infinitely more reliable than what you're currently doing.

Just to be sure to be sure... have you clicked the Car icon at the bottom of the app, then clicked Settings, then click "Mobie online services" and ensured all those sliders are on, in particular the "Charging" one?

Yup, they're all ticked. I'm gonna say it's giving me bother for the same reason my digital manual will not install. Some communication issue between car and VW.

I don't start it from the car because 1. that involves going outside and potentially waking the kids with the door, 2. aforementioned kids make me tired so I go to bed earlyish, 3. I've not had major need for 400+km, only the once, and 4. I'm stubborn.

I'll see when I'm going to visit VW for my digital manual error if they can take more logs from my overnight charge. After that I might remove scheduled charging altogether, ideally if my remote charging from the app starts working.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    I've had 12v battery fault pop up on the screen 4 times in the last week for a second or two, just after leaving the house in the morning.
    Anyone else have something similar,?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yup, they're all ticked. I'm gonna say it's giving me bother for the same reason my digital manual will not install. Some communication issue between car and VW.

I don't start it from the car because 1. that involves going outside and potentially waking the kids with the door, 2. aforementioned kids make me tired so I go to bed earlyish, 3. I've not had major need for 400+km, only the once, and 4. I'm stubborn.

I'll see when I'm going to visit VW for my digital manual error if they can take more logs from my overnight charge. After that I might remove scheduled charging altogether, ideally if my remote charging from the app starts working.

Well, I'm not going to argue with stubborn! :)

One thing worth trying though is fire off an email to VW Ireland to see if they can fix it remotely with VW Germany. This address: id @ volkswagen.ie

I had an issue getting the data plan thing working on my car and an email to them sorted it, as they worked with VW Germany to sort it.

Of course, it could be a hardware thing in your car that requires a dealer visit but worth a try anyway since its just an email.... send them your VIN and the email you used to setup your WeCharge account and let them know what is and isnt working and you never know they might be able to sort it remotely.

Worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

liamog wrote: »
    Once they get that working consistently it's a cool feature. I've accidentally left my car on scheduled charging at a public AC point a few times :)

Ditto, once had the Leaf sitting plugged into a 22kW charger for 3 hours drawing exactly 0kW :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I do think part of the problems you're seeing with scheduled charging is because you set multiple departure times and the car is getting confused

Whatever algorithm it uses to determine the charging speed must not be able to handle crossovers between departure time

Currently I've plugged in with charge now set to 30% and the car is happily pulling 26km/h

I've got it set to charge to 80% from midnight to 8am tomorrow. I'm pretty confident it'll get to 75% at least

It's not perfect, but it seems to be working well enough for my purposes

Had a very enjoyable drive to Arklow today, left with 53% since the missus needed to charge the Leaf overnight

Travel assist all the way down M50 and M11, stopped at Applegreen Coynes Cross to grab lunch for the walk. Spotted a Tesla charging and a white ID.3 who I'm guessing was about to be annoyed because the charger was in use :)

Arrived in Arklow with around 25%

On the way back popped into Coynes Cross again. Decided to charge for a bit as I would be cutting a bit close on the way home (I reckon I'd be arriving with 7%)

Charger was free, plugged in, went to bathroom, got a drink. Sat in car for 2 mins then left, 10 mins total, who says charging an EV is a hassle :)

Arrived right into a traffic jam on the M50. Popped into Carrickmines, got a coffee and rejoined the traffic. Travel assist all the way again, it did all the thinking for me :)

Arrived home with 17%, plugged in and charging to 30% now and set to charge to 80% overnight. Let's see how the charging timer does...

I forgot to check the overall consumption but it was around 17kWh/100km. The car is surprisingly efficient for an SUV. I'd say the Leaf would be doing similar on the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Look what delivered the ball out onto the pitch this evening

1790-E43-D-4-AD2-46-A6-89-B6-E94-AF75-B0664.jpg

• Advertisement

I do think part of the problems you're seeing with scheduled charging is because you set multiple departure times and the car is getting confused

Whatever algorithm it uses to determine the charging speed must not be able to handle crossovers between departure time

Currently I've plugged in with charge now set to 30% and the car is happily pulling 26km/h

I've got it set to charge to 80% from midnight to 8am tomorrow. I'm pretty confident it'll get to 75% at least

It's not perfect, but it seems to be working well enough for my purposes

I had one departure time set for a few weeks and had similar success. Funny how the app departure times don't match the cars departure times. Poor car, clocks are twicky.

I also never set charge immediately to anything but 0%

I had one departure time set for a few weeks and had similar success. Funny how the app departure times don't match the cars departure times. Poor car, clocks are twicky.

I also never set charge immediately to anything but 0%

I've had to eat my words because my car blew right past 30% and kept going half the day drinking down nice expensive day rate electricity :(

I take everything back the charging timers are fooked

I've had to eat my words because my car blew right past 30% and kept going half the day drinking down nice expensive day rate electricity :(

I take everything back the charging timers are fooked

I'm both happy and sad to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Garage contacted me to update me on the delivery dates. Looking like a Mid August Delivery with a build week of 26th July.

I'm both happy and sad to hear this.

I found out the next day that someone had set the charge limit to 100% and reduced the charge current

I've decided to blame my 4yo, since otherwise it would be my fault and that doesn't sound right :D

So now I'm stuck with over 80% SoC and need to do some driving to use it up

Probably charge again next week, so that'll be the next attempt

In other news I got my first software update. Was really excited until I saw it was just an update to the manual. It worked fine, so I guess it's good to know it's working for when 2.3 lands

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

I took an ID4 out for a test drive recently. Very tempted. Currently driving an ioniq.

I took an ID4 out for a test drive recently. Very tempted. Currently driving an ioniq.

There's a few here who made the jump from the Ioniq

Certainly if you need the space or the extra range then it's hard to go wrong.

I came from a Leaf and the ID.4 is a gem to drive, even coming from what was already a very easy driving car

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

I was quoted 50k (company car no grants) for ID4 life. A bit low on the trade-in value for a 181 ioniq at 15k I thought?

I was quoted 50k (company car no grants) for ID4 life. A bit low on the trade-in value for a 181 ioniq at 15k I thought?

Yeah I'd say you're definitely being taken to the cleaners there on trade in, cheapest Ioniq I've seen recently was asking 18.5k

You can always post it in the for sale thread, I'm sure you'll find a buyer

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057599743/108/#post117405123

Just don't take any offers from Unkel, he's a tough negotiator I hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

So finally got a proper look at an ID4 in real life. To say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.

What I do like is the shape of the car, the size of the car. Reasonably big boot too.

I don't like the inside of it though. I really felt it was cheap and tacky (velour seats :( )

I saw the ID3 at the same time and was much more impressed by that.

Best of luck to any & all who got an ID4, but it's not for me.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    So finally got a proper look at an ID4 in real life. To say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.

What I do like is the shape of the car, the size of the car. Reasonably big boot too.

I don't like the inside of it though. I really felt it was cheap and tacky (velour seats :( )

I saw the ID3 at the same time and was much more impressed by that.

Best of luck to any & all who got an ID4, but it's not for me.

Maybe it was my 2 years in a korean car, but when I was making the change I thought, and still do think, the inside of the ID.4 is lovely.

Mind you the black gloss on the door handles is a fingerprint and rainspots magnet. I've seen a few wrap it in matt. Not sure i'm there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Any of you having an issue with a Zappi and an ID.4? It is only charging at 1.8kW max, I had a similar issue with an Octavia PHEV a few weeks ago. Plugging it in using granny is just as slow (judging by charging info on screen) when even a plug should be quicker than 1.8. I charged something else recently and 7kW was working away so I don’t think it’s the Zappi.

MarkN wrote: »
    Any of you having an issue with a Zappi and an ID.4? It is only charging at 1.8kW max, I had a similar issue with an Octavia PHEV a few weeks ago. Plugging it in using granny is just as slow (judging by charging info on screen) when even a plug should be quicker than 1.8. I charged something else recently and 7kW was working away so I don’t think it’s the Zappi.

Have you a charging location set in the car?
    Have you reduced AC charging enabled?

Fair play thanks, I must've turned reduced on messing around. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

MarkN wrote: »
    Fair play thanks, I must've turned reduced on messing around. :o

Even without reduced charging it might still not get above 1.8 or thereabouts.

Delete all charging locations and timers, then it'll be happy to take all the Zappi can give.

Switching off reduced charging sorted it out. Pulling 7 or thereabouts now!

Has anyone found any inserts that go into the space in front of the centre console so you can store stuff there?

It annoys me that there's space there which can't be used

I tried AliExpress and EBay but no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,077 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone found any inserts that go into the space in front of the centre console so you can store stuff there?

It annoys me that there's space there which can't be used

I tried AliExpress and EBay but no luck :(

Can you post a picture of the piece you're talking about? I thought there was a cupholder in the furthest forward cubby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Advertisement

cannco253 wrote: »

Nice, exactly what I was looking for, might get one when payday rolls arouns :)

Advertisement