Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

The IOS We Connect ID was updated yesterday to 1.16

Version 1.16.0 is now available in the App Store.

Improvement of the user experience:
    - Receive push notifications if there are any problems with charging or air conditioning.
    - Personalized vehicle images show the activated vehicle exactly in the selected configuration.
    - Bug fixes and improved performance.

Vehicle image is still wrong on my app, aircon is a bit quicker to respond to remote start/stop, nothing much else has changed as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I gave feedback through the app a few weeks ago that the car images were wrong, got a very quick response to say it would be fixed in an update. Guess this is it, but they are still wrong for me as well so I might follow up with them. Nice to see they are responding quickly to issues. The app dev team must be very different to whoever is doing the charging timers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

crassusg wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering if anyone has managed to take delivery of one of the non 1st edition models yet ?

My father was just off the phone to the dealer here and he said it's just in build at the moment. He ordered at the end of April. Can't remember what people here said the wait usually was between build and delivery. Dealer reckons another month tops.

Looks like the 2.3 updates are starting in Germany for some people

ORURN - Online Remote Update

File Sizes
    13.9GB ICAS3
    142MB OCU
    58MB A5
    HUD and climate none

No changelog yet, hopefully something for scheduled charging is included

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

cannco253 wrote: »

File Sizes
    13.9GB ICAS3
    142MB OCU
    58MB A5
    HUD and climate none

Oh I just got one of those updates. Must not have been 2.3 because it took about 10 seconds to download

Change log just said minor bug fixes and improvements

I'm guessing it was just something small ahead of 2.3

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

File Sizes
    13.9GB ICAS3
    142MB OCU
    58MB A5
    HUD and climate none

Where can you go to see when the updates are coming out? Website?

no it's all on the German forums for now. There seems to be a small update like the amazing raisin mentioned, haven't got it myself yet.
    Use google translate and you'll get the gist of it.

https://www.meinid.com/thread/1836-firmware-version-2-3-update-probleme-fragen-und-talk/?pageNo=5
    https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=68906&start=30

ORURN - Online Remote Update Release Notes

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Hi all just wondering if anyone has managed to take delivery of one of the non 1st edition models yet ?

Hi
    Spoke with dealer today, car will be ready for collection on the 1st july. This is a life model

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Hi
    Spoke with dealer today, car will be ready for collection on the 1st july. This is a life model

Nice !! I have a build week early July would be dead keen to see the pics of the non 1st :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Oh I just got one of those updates. Must not have been 2.3 because it took about 10 seconds to download

When you go into settings, system information, view all updates, does it show you anything? Mine is empty for all options

Nice !! I have a build week early July would be dead keen to see the pics of the non 1st :)

I'll put pictures up when I get it. Early July you should have it about 5 weeks after that all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Liam2021 wrote: »
    I'll put pictures up when I get it. Early July you should have it about 5 weeks after that all going well.

When did you order Liam?

Jofspring wrote: »
    When did you order Liam?

Hi we had a build week 15. It arrived to the garage 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

Same as this morning. Very quick so could not be huge.

When you go into settings, system information, view all updates, does it show you anything? Mine is empty for all options

It must have been the ORURN update not the 2.3 update.
    Wife was driving this morning and said an update message appeared and went just as quick. Can't see anything myself when I checked. Might have a dig around the vehicle wallet to see if anything shows there.

Nothing showing in the view all updates section.
    If you go into Service mode it tells you software will be updated but nothing happening yet

It must have been the ORURN update not the 2.3 update.
    Wife was driving this morning and said an update message appeared and went just as quick. Can't see anything myself when I checked. Might have a dig around the vehicle wallet to see if anything shows there.

Nothing showing in the view all updates section.
    If you go into Service mode it tells you software will be updated but nothing happening yet

Mine did say ORURN alright.

Are ye all 1st Max drivers, or any 1st drivers?

Are ye all 1st Max drivers, or any 1st drivers?

1st here anyway. Not Max - couldn't afford it. :o

1st as well, Max not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Curious, How many 1st Editions were available to purchase in Ireland?

pad199207 wrote: »
    Curious, How many 1st Editions were available to purchase in Ireland?

Judging by stats.beepbeep.ie about 800+
    1st Max will show up in the June stats

Strangely enough, my update history is empty too

Maybe as other said, the "update" was just some kind of connection test. Download a dummy file or something

IMG_20210623_112756.jpg?raw=1

Looking at the versions in the System settings, it doesn't look like anything got updated

Strangely enough, my update history is empty too

Maybe as other said, the "update" was just some kind of connection test. Download a dummy file or something

IMG_20210623_112756.jpg?raw=1

Looking at the versions in the System settings, it doesn't look like anything got updated

My display unit software is 3078, though they would be different being a max vs just a 1st.

Software version I have (long hold home button) is h50.44.55-202011251534

Anyone on the cubic telecom plan notice how the car has been using data over the last month? There's some small amounts used each day, but these 3 stand out a bit.

Date Time Data Consumed
    22/06/2021 5:19 AM 36.87 MB
    18/06/2021 12:32 AM 5.86 MB
    03/06/2021 4:34 AM 9.03 MB

Possibly something to do with the pre OTA update or navigation, I guess if you don't have the cubic package it comes through your phone plan and not from the car's own SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I was out in the car a bit this evening but didn’t see any update prompts, are most people seeing this update yet? Just wondering as I’d like to check the ota update working, is there a way to force an update. I tried the service menu and when selecting the update option it give a prompt to update but doesn’t seem to do anything.

My display software version is 2092 and I’ve a 1st.

Just when I think my charging woes have been eased by being able to use the app, the damn app won't start charging again now (worked yesterday, failed last night). Seems like a more general communication problem to the car though, as no settings are getting through, and I've the car charging now but the app says nothing about it currently charging.

Just when I think my charging woes have been eased by being able to use the app, the damn app won't start charging again now (worked yesterday, failed last night). Seems like a more general communication problem to the car though, as no settings are getting through, and I've the car charging now but the app says nothing about it currently charging.

Yeah mine is pretty unreliable too, takes a few goes to start charging. I find locking and unlocking the car helps sometimes, seems to wake it up from whatever deep sleep mode it gets into

Yeah mine is pretty unreliable too, takes a few goes to start charging. I find locking and unlocking the car helps sometimes, seems to wake it up from whatever deep sleep mode it gets into

Tried that this morning. Unlocked, unplugged, plugged in, locked. Car was charging away and the app kept saying 36% battery while it was up to 51%. App also said the information was "now". That suggests that the app connects to VW servers to get the latest info, but if the car doesn't update VW servers, VW just send whatever the last state the car was in returned to you.

Powered up the car and connected it to the home WiFi (lost that with the factory reset) and the app it's working fine again.

• Advertisement

Tried that this morning. Unlocked, unplugged, plugged in, locked. Car was charging away and the app kept saying 36% battery while it was up to 51%. App also said the information was "now". That suggests that the app connects to VW servers to get the latest info, but if the car doesn't update VW servers, VW just send whatever the last state the car was in returned to you.

Powered up the car and connected it to the home WiFi (lost that with the factory reset) and the app it's working fine again.

At least your WiFi connection works, mine keeps saying the network security isn't supported even though it's WPA2

Advertisement