Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

As part of the app update the car displayed should show the correct colour

When I open the app the car displayed is still the wrong colour.
    When I log into the website the car is the correct colour.

one step forward, slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

I know it’s only been 6 weeks since I ordered but my god the wait is killing me lol. August seems years and years away.

German forum members posting about 2.3 today.

Positive:
    New ID Light functions (anticipatory driving, "take over steering wheel" warning, crossing lane)
    Smoother service
    Sending destinations is more reliable
    Adaptation of the home button (flags, VW logo)
    New design of the user interface
    "App Drawer" separated from the start screen with a switch button
    Voice control has gotten better
    More sensible charging stops are planned
    Media player now as a single menu item
    Stand air conditioning is now much faster and more reliable (10 seconds to start, almost real time to stop)
    Scheduled loading seems to work (first test was successful)
    CarPlay is more stable
    HUD: Navigation arrows are shown earlier
    HUD: lane display is more precise

Neutral (no change to ID 2.1):
    Web radio message still available
    Furthermore no lighting effects (ambient lighting)
    Charging stops sometimes still insufficient (especially in France)
    SOC settings cannot be set during route planning (departure SOC, charging stop at SOC, arrival SOC
    No selection of preferred charging providers (e.g. Ionity for long haul)
    No SOC in the small display

Negative:
    Emergency brake assistant is more sensitive and has already warned several times (never before or only really authorized) -> only warning, no intervention

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

cannco253 wrote: »
    As part of the app update the car displayed should show the correct colour

When I open the app the car displayed is still the wrong colour.
    When I log into the website the car is the correct colour.

one step forward, slowly

I was getting the wrong car yesterday, was showing a white ID.3 :rolleyes:

It's back to a yellow ID.4 now, apparently VW doesn't like my colour choice and won't show me my blue one

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

So VW software devs are faffing around with car pictures in the app as opposed to fixing the goddam charging timer?

• Advertisement

Orebro wrote: »
    So VW software devs are faffing around with car pictures in the app as opposed to fixing the goddam charging timer?

Don't worry, there's enough of them that they can work on a few things at once :)

Besides, you don't want 100 devs working on one feature, way too much arguing and not enough work getting done :rolleyes:

If you read the comments there should be something in the release

"Scheduled loading seems to work (first test was successful)"

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

pad199207 wrote: »
    I know it’s only been 6 weeks since I ordered but my god the wait is killing me lol. August seems years and years away.

Yea i ordered end of April so i feel your pain :) get more tracking for a 2 euro aliexpress purchase than a 50k plus car !!!

If you read the comments there should be something in the release

"Scheduled loading seems to work (first test was successful)"

FWIW, charging in German (laden) literally translates to loading

So they might have fixed, or at least improved things

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Anyone know of dealers in Ireland have the latest update?

Collecting ID4 next week and pushing dealer to make sure its all up to date rather than having to go back and get it updated later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

robbie_63 wrote: »

Collecting ID4 next week and pushing dealer to make sure its all up to date rather than having to go back and get it updated later

The updates are supposed to happen over the air from now on. So you won't have to return to the dealer.

That's true but I would expect the dealer to have everything done for you before you collect the car irrespective of whether it's OTA or manual.
    Get them to show you the system information screen and you'll know if it's been done. They should have the files (if they don't have them already) and should be used to manually updating from the ID.3 experience.....

on scheduled charging I see
    "So the scenario was:
    9 p.m. started with SOC 26%
    Immediate charging to 50%
    From 1 a.m. time to continue charging until 6 a.m. 90%
    At 6 o'clock the car was at 90%"

Here's hoping it works now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The 2.1 software was available in March to the dealers and I'd imagine being loaded onto cars on the production line around then as well so surely a car being delivered in late Jun would have 2.1 pre-loaded from the factory floor.

Unless its a car that has been sitting around for a while. Do you know its production date?

KCross wrote: »
    The 2.1 software was available in March to the dealers and I'd imagine being loaded onto cars on the production line around then as well so surely a car being delivered in late Jun would have 2.1 pre-loaded from the factory floor.

Unless its a car that has been sitting around for a while. Do you know its production date?

Its been in on the showroom floor for the last month or two, wasn't built to order just a basic spec ID4 that was on display.

That's why I want them to check its up to date as it may have an older version software.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Its been in on the showroom floor for the last month or two, wasn't built to order just a basic spec ID4 that was on display.

That's why I want them to check its up to date as it may have an older version software.

Ah right, possibly not up to date so.

Its very easy to check yourself anyway that it is up to date via the menus. Every dealer can do the update. They should have no issue with you requesting that.... its version "0792" is the latest right now, iirc.

Thanks herself is collecting it as soon as its registered so that's why I asked in advance as I know she will forget on the day with all the excitement of collecting it.

There’s an ID 4 taxi near me that I’ve seen a few times now. Great call by them with the huge grant and lower running costs. Anyway you can specify an EV as your taxi? Probably a bit soon I guess, I didn’t catch the taxi company either, will have to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Probably been asked before but what will the side badging say after July?

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    There’s an ID 4 taxi near me that I’ve seen a few times now. Great call by them with the huge grant and lower running costs. Anyway you can specify an EV as your taxi? Probably a bit soon I guess, I didn’t catch the taxi company either, will have to keep an eye out.

Yeah there's a couple of E-Niro and Leaf40s near me as taxis, haven't seen an ID.4 yet

Could easily see a taxi driver getting through a full shift with just a single recharge in an ID.4, definitely a good idea

I don't think there's any way to request an EV as a taxi yet. There's a company in New York trying to start up an EV only taxi company but they fell foul of the local government there

https://www.electrive.com/2021/06/24/new-york-authorities-suspend-tesla-taxi-fleet-by-revel/

I'd say they'll become popular soon given the subsidies and cost savings available to taxi drivers

pad199207 wrote: »
    Probably been asked before but what will the side badging say after July?

I'm going to guess Pro or Pro S to follow the ID.3. Technically the bigger battery ID.4s with the 150kW motors are the Pro Performance model

• Advertisement

ID.4 taxi in Galway city, looks nice in blue.

Probably the first time a lot of people have been in an EV

ID.4 taxi in Galway city, looks nice in blue.

Probably the first time a lot of people have been in an EV

Hopefully not the last either :)

I think when people see high mileage users like taxis going electric then they'll seriously considering making the jump themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Interested in the ID4, any owner's available for a DM?

€36,000 for the entry 52kw seems like incredible value vs the alternative Tesla 3 at 48k entry.

Interested in the ID4, any owner's available for a DM?

€36,000 for the entry 52kw seems like incredible value vs the alternative Tesla 3 at 48k entry.

I don't think you can really compare an ID4 with a Tesla though, totally different brand positions.

We will be picking up our new ID4 early next week and for us it covers most of what we will need in a family car, big enough for 3 kids in the back, the savings coming from diesel, less maintenance, hopefully more reliable than previous car.

It's a good EV for most families and you can see why they are getting so popular now as you get a lot of car for your money, we are also getting the base model and there is very little I miss on the higher specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

crassusg wrote: »
    Yea i ordered end of April so i feel your pain :) get more tracking for a 2 euro aliexpress purchase than a 50k plus car !!!

I feel your pain. Waiting on ID3. No idea when to expect it.

fits wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Waiting on ID3. No idea when to expect it.

Yep, still waiting for the VIN to show up on the VW site.

Dealer told me middle of July but could be any time in July.

Did you get the number "forget what it's called" from the dealer to register on the website so you can track it ? if not whenever mine becomes available on the website I'll let you know because chances ours will be delivered to the dealer on the same transporter. :D

Did you get the number "forget what it's called" from the dealer to register on the website so you can track it ? if not whenever mine becomes available on the website I'll let you know because chances ours will be delivered to the dealer on the same transporter. :D

I never asked for it as I know I’d be checking it far too often and only annoying myself. But yeah please let me know as I’m sure ours will be manufactured in same batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Commission number I believe.

fits wrote: »
    I never asked for it as I know I’d be checking it far too often and only annoying myself. But yeah please let me know as I’m sure ours will be manufactured in same batch.

Don't make too many assumptions, my car and dave oc's were in the same batch but were delivered several weeks apart

• Advertisement

Don't make too many assumptions, my car and dave oc's were in the same batch but were delivered several weeks apart

Well we are with same dealer and ordered at same time - both versions of tour models. Dealer said he’d update me soon.

Advertisement