Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Good few ID4 taxis around Limerick now. Kind of breaks my heart at the same time to see the big taxi sticker across the side of it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

cannco253 wrote: »
    Unless you're prepared to try to manually install them, it looks like everything is on hold for now.

Navigation database should be 21.5, some people with older versions should have had this update in the background
    Vehicle wallet should be 3.3.0 (settings-software information) and has a section on updates that wasn't there before.

Some talk of a delay for another week, a delay for 2.3.1. Nobody knows at this stage

I'll have a look over lunch.
    I didn't (as far as I know) get the mini update that was going around last week. Wifey drives the car mostly during the week, and didn't mention it when questioned. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What problems are you referring to? I've had no issues so far beyond badly placed chargers. Tends not to be the car's fault, more than likely the charging networks

Yes, the charging problems. And the hassle. Not the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

In other breaking news, my WeConnect ID app is now showing the correct car colour.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

cannco253 wrote: »
    In other breaking news, my WeConnect ID app is now showing the correct car colour.

You swapped your car for a honey yellow one so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You swapped your car for a honey yellow one so?

Mine is still yellow as well (app, not car)

Kinda wishing I'd gotten the yellow one after seeing the pictures of it so often :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

finbarrk wrote: »
    Yes, the charging problems. And the hassle. Not the vehicle.

I'd like to claim that's a uniquely Irish problem but it can be bad in other countries as well. Although we're pretty bad by European standards

I've often said that you can't trust a charging network designed by non EV users, if ESB employees were given EVs as company cars they'd see how user unfriendly the network is and sort it out

Having said all that, the one badly placed AC charger was literally all the hassle I've had with charging the ID.4 on the go since I've bought it.

Now that I've got a lot more range I can afford to be flexible about where I charge, whereas in the Leaf I'm tied to a single ESB charger or I'm bust

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

New version of the WeConnect app for iOS released. It now uses apple maps and has some changes to how the air conditioning works. And my car is still yellow in the app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Aviva fcuked me over on insurance renewal so just moved to AIG. Strange experience - their online system doesn't have the ID4 so they've actually put me down as a Nissan Note as it's apparently the same insurance grouping as the ID4, with a note on the account that it's actually an ID4. All above board apparently - rang back twice to check! Must admit I'm surprised that a 200bhp RWD SUV is the same grouping as a Note though....

I had no problems changing cars with Aviva back in March, the ID.4 was on their systems about a week after it was released.

• Advertisement

Likewise I had no problems with Aviva, ID.4 was there even before first ones got delivered

Saved almost 100 quid as well which was a nice bonus :)

Oh Aviva had it on the system alright - but jacked my premium up from 320 to 540 so feck that! And that despite no premium increase when I changed car 3 months earlier. AIG 350 so bye Aviva after several years....

Oh Aviva had it on the system alright - but jacked my premium up from 320 to 540 so feck that! And that despite no premium increase when I changed car 3 months earlier. AIG 350 so bye Aviva after several years....

Jesus, that's pretty poor behaviour, mine went down to 320 from just over 400

I wonder what's changed in the past few months, or did they just decide they wanted more money from you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

did you try Aviva as if youre a new customer? Mine went up 100 euro for no reason. Went into their quote system and entered my details and its saved me 120 :D still with aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

ewj1978 wrote: »
    did you try Aviva as if youre a new customer? Mine went up 100 euro for no reason. Went into their quote system and entered my details and its saved me 120 :D still with aviva.

Unfortunately you still have to phone then to get the best prices as far as I can see. With Aviva for almost all our insurances, managed to get both our cars for €280 each. Not bad having two cars taxed and insured for €800.

I might be wrong but if you log in to the website it seems like there's a lot more information displayed about your car than before if you click on vehicle equipment. Can't see this on the app or in the car.

e.g.
    Type approval country Ireland
    Follow-on warranty, contract duration: 1 year, subsequent to manufacturer warranty, max. total mileage: 90 000 km
    Without parking assistance/garage parking assist
    Refrigerant R1234yf
    VBV component list - 06 Zwickau plant
    Service indicator 2 years (fix) without km, electric vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

For a build week of July 26th what’s the chances of a colour change?

The more I look at the blue I think it looks too Quashqai like.

pad199207 wrote: »
    For a build week of July 26th what’s the chances of a colour change?

The more I look at the blue I think it looks too Quashqai like.

Blue is the best colour IMHO. I have a grey and actually tried to change to blue before collection but too late.

Blue is the best colour IMHO. I have a grey and actually tried to change to blue before collection but too late.

Well I’m the complete opposite lol. It’s currently down as blue but maybe wanting to change it to the black.

The bumpers blending in better with the black is an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

eagerv wrote: »
    Unfortunately you still have to phone then to get the best prices as far as I can see. With Aviva for almost all our insurances, managed to get both our cars for €280 each. Not bad having two cars taxed and insured for €800.

Same as above both my cars insured for 280 each. Had to start new policy with one but still worth it.

• Advertisement

Its like Christmas, 1 more sleep before I collect my BLUE id4. I think the blue is the best colour especially in this sun :)

Such a conundrum

FF3-EFA70-574-C-4333-9969-850788-B26-DBF.jpg

D8713641-ADEA-4-AAC-A018-F06-FEF4-AAC9-A.jpg

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Its like Christmas, 1 more sleep before I collect my BLUE id4. I think the blue is the best colour especially in this sun :)

I think the blue is the best too, the bumpers however do my head in and I’m thinking the black hides them better

I think the blue is the best too, the bumpers however do my head in and I’m thinking the black hides them better

Yes the grey does blend better, but I think the blue car and black bumper give the illusion of more ground clearance. I had a blue 162 tiguan absolutely loved it. Blue and black just works, but it is personal choice

Yes the grey does blend better, but I think the blue car and black bumper give the illusion of more ground clearance. I had a blue 162 tiguan absolutely loved it. Blue and black just works, but it is personal choice

Yeah I can see why you say that it does indeed give the impression of better ground clearance.

I’m coming from a Tiguan myself, Indium Grey.

Yeah I can see why you say that it does indeed give the impression of better ground clearance.

I’m coming from a Tiguan myself, Indium Grey.

Currently coming from tiguan allspace, white. Prior to that was the blue one. The white was never the same and to rub my nose in it I seen my old blue tiguan today. Must be a good sign :)
    Seems to be a lot of people coming from Tiguan's

Currently coming from tiguan allspace, white. Prior to that was the blue one. The white was never the same and to rub my nose in it I seen my old blue tiguan today. Must be a good sign :)
    Seems to be a lot of people coming from Tiguan's

Yeah I agree. If the ID 4 was available last year I would have got it instead of the Tiguan.

Yeah I agree. If the ID 4 was available last year I would have got it instead of the Tiguan.

Yes the id range will be new beetle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

It's a nice predicament to be in..:)
    As a non ID.4 owner I always notice the blue ones on the road, but often miss the dark ones..
    Actually I like all the colours in the ID.4. Saw a white Enyaq the other day, not impressed. Too big a car for all white, but suits the ID with the two tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

eagerv wrote: »
    It's a nice predicament to be in..:)
    As a non ID.4 owner I always notice the blue ones on the road, but often miss the dark ones..
    Actually I like all the colours in the ID.4. Saw a white Enyaq the other day, not impressed. Too big a car for all white, but suits the ID with the two tone.

I could’nt agree more. The loss of the silver rear panel from the First Editions to the next editions
    Is a big minus for the blue, it loses some of its appeal without that rear silver trim in my
    Opinion.

Advertisement