Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

kop-end wrote: »
    I could’nt agree more. The loss of the silver rear panel from the First Editions to the next editions
    Is a big minus for the blue, it loses some of its appeal without that rear silver trim in my
    Opinion.

I can see its a personal choice but IMO I think it looks better in black. Most company's now make you pay for a black pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I could’nt agree more. The loss of the silver rear panel from the First Editions to the next editions
    Is a big minus for the blue, it loses some of its appeal without that rear silver trim in my
    Opinion.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but in the next editions you can add a black roof which adds the silver bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Jofspring wrote: »
    Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but in the next editions you can add a black roof which adds the silver bit too.

Yep, agreed. They need to be specced right up to Tech edition which is the second most expensive. I get the idea of a first edition ‘differentiator’ but I think removing this small silver trim from the basic exterior of all ID4 models was a mistake from VW. Keep the black roof and 1st badging by all means but that rear panel silver trim should be standard.

Yep, agreed. They need to be specced right up to Tech edition which is the second most expensive. I get the idea of a first edition ‘differentiator’ but I think removing this small silver trim from the basic exterior of all ID4 models was a mistake from VW. Keep the black roof and 1st badging by all means but that rear panel silver trim should be standard.

Ya it's saucey enough. I think metallic paint and bi-colour roof comes in at about €1,300.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Picture of my ID 4 now showing up on my Volkswagen account, no VIN yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

have to say i havent seen a bad colour on one yet in the wild, white looks good, blue looks good, grey looks good, havent seen a yellow yet.

VW have done a fantastic job on the ID4 imo.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cyrus wrote: »
    have to say i havent seen a bad colour on one yet in the wild, white looks good, blue looks good, grey looks good, havent seen a yellow yet.

VW have done a fantastic job on the ID4 imo.

From what i've seen the Yellow looks great (perhaps the best), but it's a bold choice. I think if someone bought it, they'd not regret it, until perhaps it comes to selling it down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

pad199207 wrote: »
    Picture of my ID 4 now showing up on my Volkswagen account, no VIN yet though

Placed an order for a 52kWh Style last week! Very excited now, first time buying new.

How do you access your VW account for tracking by the way?

Placed an order for a 52kWh Style last week! Very excited now, first time buying new.

How do you access your VW account for tracking by the way?

Congratulations :) , we’re you given a build week?

You can sign up on My Volkswagen when you have the commission number

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I have a blue 1st and always thought it was the best colour and still do, but now that I look at the series/non-1st models I think my opinion is based solely on the 1st spec. The silver trim, black roof, larger alloys and metallic paint on the 1st look best with the blue (at least in my eyes), and to me the blue doesn't look nearly as nice on the newer models without spec'ing some of the extras above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

dave oc wrote: »
    I have a blue 1st and always thought it was the best colour and still do, but now that I look at the series/non-1st models I think my opinion is based solely on the 1st spec. The silver trim, black roof, larger alloys and metallic paint on the 1st look best with the blue (at least in my eyes), and to me the blue doesn't look nearly as nice on the newer models without spec'ing some of the extras above

I’m 100% with you on this, you will reap the long-term benefit of the first edition in blue rather than the new versions (life, style, business, etc..) they do not look half as impressive in the blue if you don’t go for the optional extra of silver trim and black roof.

The pictures of the car and spec I ordered are on the my Volkswagen site now. Does this mean the VIN is coming soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

The pictures of the car and spec I ordered are on the my Volkswagen site now. Does this mean the VIN is coming soon?

What do you see under Equipment details I used to see the full spec but now it looks broken now (says check back later).

Ive seen people say that the VIN pops in to that page when the car is built, but id believe that when i see it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

crassusg wrote: »
    What do you see under Equipment details I used to see the full spec but now it looks broken now (says check back later).

Ive seen people say that the VIN pops in to that page when the car is built, but id believe that when i see it ....

The VIN appears when either the chassis or the body is complete, but it doesn't imply any timeline on delivery

Could be a week, could be a month, there's a lot of variables

The spec page wouldn't load for me sometimes, seem to be more related to something wrong with the website than anything else

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ozreb

Anyone have any recommendations on what home charger to put in?

I live in an apt block with the car park in the basement so connectivity might be an issue so concerned about being able to remote charge

Ozreb wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations on what home charger to put in?

I live in an apt block with the car park in the basement so connectivity might be an issue so concerned about being able to remote charge

First thing if you haven't done it already would be to get permission from the management company

You'll probably want to get one that has a PIN code or an RFID reader so you can have your own charging card to use it. I doubt anyone is realistically going to steal your electricity but they might mistake it for a public charger

Might want to budget for a sign saying it's a private charger. Or just leave your revolut details so people can pay you to charge :)

The Zappi has the ability to set a code so you'll need to unlock it to charge. There's undoubtedly other options as well

In a public space like that I'd probably go for an untethered unit so nobody goes messing with the cable or dropping it on the ground. Knowing this country someone would wrap it around their neck and try to sue you

crassusg wrote: »

Dealer told me after I saw the VIN that the previous day it was at final build stage so I'm sure it's ready and built and stored in the car park somewhere waiting for Fits's Tour to be built and shipped on the same boat and to the same dealer :D

I can imagine they will build so many cars destined for Ireland and wait until there are enough to go on a transporter or a few transporters and then to the Ferry.

Dealer told me after I saw the VIN that the previous day it was at final build stage so I'm sure it's ready and built and stored in the car park somewhere waiting for Fits's Tour to be built and shipped on the same boat and to the same dealer :D

I can imagine they will build so many cars destined for Ireland and wait until there are enough to go on a transporter or a few transporters and then to the Ferry.

There's 2 ships that do the deliveries the MV Parana and MV Patara. They operate in a circuit around Europe so they seem to come to Ireland once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ozreb

First thing if you haven't done it already would be to get permission from the management company

You'll probably want to get one that has a PIN code or an RFID reader so you can have your own charging card to use it. I doubt anyone is realistically going to steal your electricity but they might mistake it for a public charger

Might want to budget for a sign saying it's a private charger. Or just leave your revolut details so people can pay you to charge :)

The Zappi has the ability to set a code so you'll need to unlock it to charge. There's undoubtedly other options as well

In a public space like that I'd probably go for an untethered unit so nobody goes messing with the cable or dropping it on the ground. Knowing this country someone would wrap it around their neck and try to sue you

Management company permission sorted. And ya, there have been issues with people just plugging in so an untethered one with some sort of connectivity options is what I was wondering about. A bit awkward having to set the charge from in the car if I have a long journey some evening after work

Ozreb wrote: »
    Management company permission sorted. And ya, there have been issues with people just plugging in so an untethered one with some sort of connectivity options is what I was wondering about. A bit awkward having to set the charge from in the car if I have a long journey some evening after work

Definitely worth looking at the Zappi then. I have mine set to charge only when the night rate is active, this gets around any nonsense of charging timers not working on the car

If you're doing a long journey that needs more than your typical 80% then just set the car to charge more when you plug in and it'll just go full throttle from the Zappi until it's full

The Zappi is an expensive option however, there are cheaper ones out there. Take a look at the EO Mini and Wallbox, they generally come recommended by a lot of people

• Advertisement

It's arrived absolutely delighted. :)

Liam2021 wrote: »

Well wear! If that Colour had been available for the id3 I would have got it.

Hi all.
    New offer from volkswagen, free power. Up to €675 plus €320 credit,

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

From what i've seen the Yellow looks great (perhaps the best), but it's a bold choice. I think if someone bought it, they'd not regret it, until perhaps it comes to selling it down the line.

But the majority are on pcp so no loss going for something different

Any benefit to getting the ID charger? Looked at it today and for the ID Connect one it's €1,549. Looking for €800 for installation which seems excessive. Can get a zappi + installation for €1,399.

Have a zappi myself for my leaf but this will be for my father for his ID.4. I can't see any stand out reason not to just get a zappi or wallbox instead.

Hi all.
    New offer from volkswagen, free power. Up to €675 plus €320 credit,

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

Read the terms a bit confused. I ordered before July 1st and I’m already an SSE customer. What do I get?

Read the terms a bit confused. I ordered before July 1st and I’m already an SSE customer. What do I get?

I think it's for anyone that registers the car from the 1st July. Not sure about what happens if you are with sse. I'm with energia so I will be changing. The dealer will be able to advise you better.

I think it's for anyone that registers the car from the 1st July. Not sure about what happens if you are with sse. I'm with energia so I will be changing. The dealer will be able to advise you better.

Well I mean mine will be 212 so is that not from July 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

If you're a 211 do you get nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

What version did you go for? fab car

Advertisement