Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you're a 211 do you get nothing

ID4 first customers are after getting shafted. ID3 First owners got €600 free public charge on their We Card and now 212 owners will get €675 in electric credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

What version did you go for? fab car

Pro, life model.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    ID4 first customers are after getting shafted. ID3 First owners got €600 free public charge on their We Card and now 212 owners will get €675 in electric credit.

And €320 welcome bonus if you are a new customer to sse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

pad199207 wrote: »
    Read the terms a bit confused. I ordered before July 1st and I’m already an SSE customer. What do I get?

I think you get €50.

Sadly yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liam2021 wrote: »
    And €320 welcome bonus if you are a new customer to sse

So if your bill was €200 per billing cycle you're looking at paying €205 for the year :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So if your bill was €200 per billing cycle you're looking at paying €205 for the year :pac:

Yes it looks like that. The tariff is slightly higher but its a no brained. Best of all we are doing our bit for the planet, its all renewable energy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think it says at the bottom that existing customers get €50 credit

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Am I correct in saying there is no 12V socket in the cockpit, just one in the boot? Inflating tyres before a long journey and I can't reach the front right tyre FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I think it says at the bottom that existing customers get €50 credit

I'm not an existing customer.

• Advertisement

Am I correct in saying there is no 12V socket in the cockpit, just one in the boot? Inflating tyres before a long journey and I can't reach the front right tyre FFS.

Yep, no 12v in the front, you'll need an extension lead or a foot pump I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Hi all.
    New offer from volkswagen, free power. Up to €675 plus €320 credit,

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sse-aitricity.html

An existing id4 owner and an existing SSE customer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yep, no 12v in the front, you'll need an extension lead or a foot pump I'm afraid

FFS - another 'innovation' I guess!

Yes it looks like that. The tariff is slightly higher but its a no brained. Best of all we are doing our bit for the planet, its all renewable energy:)

Hmm, surely if there's 10% renewables on the grid then they have to use 90% Gas ? Can't be 100% renewable as we only have 20 odd % Renewables total a year but when there is 65%, say on a windy day it's 65% renewable for everyone so this 100% renewable energy is a load of nonsense or am I missing something ?

Smart meters are screwing people though look at the night rate ?

Smart meters were supposed to make electricity cheaper.....

What's night saver vs Night ?

1gYROVN.png

Hmm, surely if there's 10% renewables on the grid then they have to use 90% Gas ? Can't be 100% renewable as we only have 20 odd % Renewables total a year but when there is 65%, say on a windy day it's 65% renewable for everyone so this 100% renewable energy is a load of nonsense or am I missing something ?

There's a bit of creative accounting going on there. If you buy from a renewable provider then they'll buy an equal amount of energy from a renewable source when it's available

So if you buy 100kWh from Airtricity, they'll pay a wind turbine to put 100kWh on the grid. But they might not be at the same time

In any case, electricity goes to the closest point of demand. Even if the grid was 99% renewables, if you use a charger beside a coal power plant then the electricity you use is going to be generated by coal.

If you want to make sure the electricity used by your car comes from renewable sources then you'll need to invest in some solar panels

So I suppose it's more accurate to say that you're supporting the use of renewable energy if not exactly using renewable energy in your car

Smart meters are screwing people though look at the night rate ?

Smart meters were supposed to make electricity cheaper.....

It's something to do with the grid charges, basically the ESB was charging 4c/kWh for day rates and something like 1c/kWh for night rate

With smart meters, it's the same 4c/kWh all the time, so all the night rates are basically going up by a similar amount

They were never going to make energy cheaper, they're designed to break the day into smaller time chunks and try to encourage people to move demand away from peak times via punitive pricing

So they "save" you money by creating an expensive period which you will then avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Typical friggin govt attitude. Instead of offering a carrot for people to behave, they beat the living tar out of everyone with a big stick.

Typical friggin govt attitude. Instead of offering a carrot for people to behave, they beat the living tar out of everyone with a big stick.

Even better, disguise stick as carrot :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Went to look at the ID3 and 4 today.

Looks like the ID4 is the one we’ll go for as we’ve three kids.
    Looking at the city or style. Not much in it being offered 4.9% and 5.9% on PCP v 0% on the ID3.

Is that everyone’s experience?
    Anything I need to look out , what extras do I need?
    Anyone got the retractable tow bar, thinking it’d be good for a bike carrier. No intention of Towing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

It's something to do with the grid charges, basically the ESB was charging 4c/kWh for day rates and something like 1c/kWh for night rate

With smart meters, it's the same 4c/kWh all the time, so all the night rates are basically going up by a similar amount

They were never going to make energy cheaper, they're designed to break the day into smaller time chunks and try to encourage people to move demand away from peak times via punitive pricing

So they "save" you money by creating an expensive period which you will then avoid

What is the story with fixed charges. With normal day/night there is an increased standing charge does this apply with smart meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

By shifting the peak reduces the wholesale rate and therefore will indeed save money. As the retail rate will be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

pad199207 wrote: »
    Congratulations :) , we’re you given a build week?

You can sign up on My Volkswagen when you have the commission number

Build week is next week. So hoping a quick enough delivery compared to some of the stories on here.

ted1 wrote: »
    By shifting the peak reduces the wholesale rate and therefore will indeed save money. As the retail rate will be cheaper

The wholesale rates will get cheaper, but the cynic in me feels it's unlikely that will be reflected in the rates we're paying

First long trip today. Meath to West clare, motorway and national routes, 50% battery used and 246 km. I think its OK. I've attached image, let me know what ye think

That's good consumption numbers, plus the big battery makes road trips easy in summer :cool:

Meath to West clare, motorway driving and national roads. 50% left and traveled 246km.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Meath to West clare, motorway driving and national roads. 50% left and traveled 246km.

Turn on the A/C, have some comfort.

Turn on the A/C, have some comfort.

Had the blower on. No need for the ac plenty fresh air came in.

• Advertisement

Id app not working today. It was fine yesterday but now I'm getting no information from the car, any idea how I fix this?

Advertisement