Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Id app not working today. It was fine yesterday but now I'm getting no information from the car, any idea how I fix this?

Have you tried signing out and back in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Id app not working today. It was fine yesterday but now I'm getting no information from the car, any idea how I fix this?

Is the car offline? Mine has lost its data connection twice now and the app stops working

Seems to fix itself after a day or two. I reckon VW keeps forgetting to pay the phone bill for my car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There is a new version of the app out (v1.17). Might be related to that.

Try an update of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Shake up of trim levels and option packs? Looks like stonewashed blue metallic available

https://news.motors.co.uk/volkswagens-id-3-and-id-4-revised-as-part-of-new-updates/

Looks like you can get rid of the brown interior now too

Dealer phoned me today to say that my ID 4 build date has been delayed to week 38 now ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

pad199207 wrote: »
    Shake up of trim levels and option packs? Looks like stonewashed blue metallic available

https://news.motors.co.uk/volkswagens-id-3-and-id-4-revised-as-part-of-new-updates/

Is that just the UK to meet the grant limits?

ted1 wrote: »
    Is that just the UK to meet the grant limits?

Well according to the latest Irish product guide there’s new interior and exterior colours

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Well according to the latest Irish product guide there’s new interior and exterior colours

Yes it looks like there is one new colour and you can now get the black dash as an option. IMO the brown looks very well in the car gives it a bit of colour.

Dealer phoned me today to say that my ID 4 build date has been delayed to week 38 now ffs

Omg, that's a killer.

Omg, that's a killer.

I know, but I’m going to see if I can beg VW to let me change the exterior colour and the interior trim of my order.

The brown interior is such a negative for me

• Advertisement

I know, but I’m going to see if I can beg VW to let me change the exterior colour and the interior trim of my order.

The brown interior is such a negative for me

I have the brown interior and dash. I seen the demo with black and found it very plain, I'm very happy with the brown but again personal choice. I also have the blue and its absolutely perfect, so many people coming up to me saying how nice it is.

Returned from West clare to Meath today, 252 km and managed 16.5kw per 100km. This was having ac on and wipers going most of the way. So far it seems to perform very well in real world driving. The granny cable managed 15 km per hour charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Would this be UK only? Is Ireland getting the price drop? Sounds like it's just for UK grant market

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

First long range drive for me as well last Friday. 16.0 kWh/100km on a 190km trip (Cork - Rosslare), AC on all the way, car fully loaded. Used approx 40% battery, happy with that. Works out at approx 475km for a full charge, not too shabby at all. Granny cable going great guns at the holiday home too, don't even need to use an extension.

First long range drive for me as well last Friday. 16.0 kWh/100km on a 190km trip (Cork - Rosslare), AC on all the way, car fully loaded. Used approx 40% battery, happy with that. Works out at approx 475km for a full charge, not too shabby at all. Granny cable going great guns at the holiday home too, don't even need to use an extension.

Try next time you are out to turn off the air con and leave on the fan. This works a treat to gain the extra range.

Try next time you are out to turn off the air con and leave on the fan. This works a treat to gain the extra range.

I find the AC doesn't make a huge difference to range

In comparison the heating has much more impact

Nice consumption figures, what kind of speeds were you doing? I find the car is pretty efficient up to 110km/h, gets a bit more thirsty after that

Did you need to reduce the charging speed at the mobile home or did it handle full power?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

I've noticed that the warmer weather has a huge affect on the range. Would be great if we could have 20+° all the time. :D

Nice consumption figures, what kind of speeds were you doing? I find the car is pretty efficient up to 110km/h, gets a bit more thirsty after that

Did you need to reduce the charging speed at the mobile home or did it handle full power?

Was a bit of pootling around Cork first (had to go back home to get something FFS) and then N25 all the way which is mostly single lane national road so depends on what's in front! Mostly 80 - 100km/h.

Didn't reduce charging speed. It's a house not mobile BTW, with socket handily placed for car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://youtu.be/3f7t9XpjJmY

VW Id.3 & Id.4 Over The Air Update 2.3 - Everything you need to know
    Battery Life

Nothing here about scheduled charging so have to wait to see what the ID.3 first movers report later this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing, unless the UI revamp includes a whole lot of under the hood improvements... like a revamp of scheduled charging.

The TLDR of that video is:
    - Update coming, july/august
    - Needs 4g to download, not wifi
    - Update will be available at the "goodbye" screen.
    - Only installs when the car is parked, takes many hours to install
    - Some updates to the ID light, the UI, Hud and dynamic lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Yep and you need to be set up on We Connect ID.

Looks like they are testing the waters to make sure the OTA works.

I think there are 3,500 ID.3 first movers (might be wrong on that), no ID.4s are first movers even if you have a ID.4 first so we have to wait until August.

https://youtu.be/Yzbokgvnn8Y
    Updates kommen künftig over-the-air (in German)
    If you go to 1:35 it shows a symbol for scheduled charging, but nobody knows yet what's been done.

If an order is “locked in” is there any chance at all of making a change?

Feck sake, windscreen cracked by a stone! Big crack too, 12 inches easy. Waiting from call back from repair place but reckon whole thing will have to be replaced FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Feck sake, windscreen cracked by a stone! Big crack too, 12 inches easy. Waiting from call back from repair place but reckon whole thing will have to be replaced FFS.

Sorry to hear that. Rotten luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

Yeah, that's a bad break. I was looking at my own last week and thinking that a replacement one would be a pain.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a bad break. I was looking at my own last week and thinking that a replacement one would be a pain.

I'll find out soon enough! It's some kind of insulated glass too I think. Let's hope there's one available for such a new model ...

Yeah worries me with the ever increasing amount of roads going back to tar and chipping ( should be EU ban on this ) Loose stones so much more common now even on roads that had proper surfaces are fading away under tar and chipping crap. I don't want to drive my new id3 on this lol shouldn't have to either I don't consider tar and chipping road surface acceptable in 2021. KCC in my home place went mad on proper asphalt smooth surfaces over the weekend and destroyed them, no idea what their game is but even in Carlow the increase in tar and chipping is very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Yeah worries me with the ever increasing amount of roads going back to tar and chipping ( should be EU ban on this ) Loose stones so much more common now even on roads that had proper surfaces are fading away under tar and chipping crap. I don't want to drive my new id3 on this lol shouldn't have to either I don't consider tar and chipping road surface acceptable in 2021. KCC in my home place went mad on proper asphalt smooth surfaces over the weekend and destroyed them, no idea what their game is but even in Carlow the increase in tar and chipping is very worrying.

I'd outlaw trucks carrying stones to building sites without a cover on them too, absolute nightmare driving behind them and the M1 seems packed with them with all the building work going on.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'd outlaw trucks carrying stones to building sites without a cover on them too, absolute nightmare driving behind them and the M1 seems packed with them with all the building work going on.

Yeah these sand and gravel trucks seem to loose a lot of their load not good on the open road for anyone behind especially cyclists or motor cyclists.

Advertisement