Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Feck sake, windscreen cracked by a stone! Big crack too, 12 inches easy. Waiting from call back from repair place but reckon whole thing will have to be replaced FFS.

My dad's ID4 windscreen needed to be replaced a few weeks ago. Took 3 weeks for a replacement to be shipped from Germany as there was none in stock in Ireland at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My dad's ID4 windscreen needed to be replaced a few weeks ago. Took 3 weeks for a replacement to be shipped from Germany as there was none in stock in Ireland at the time.

FFS I was worried that could be the case. Complicated as well by being away from home on holidays currently so may be back home before it arrives if it is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing, unless the UI revamp includes a whole lot of under the hood improvements... like a revamp of scheduled charging.

The TLDR of that video is:
    - Update coming, july/august
    - Needs 4g to download, not wifi
    - Update will be available at the "goodbye" screen.
    - Only installs when the car is parked, takes many hours to install
    - Some updates to the ID light, the UI, Hud and dynamic lighting.

To be fair he only spoke about new features, not about bugs fixed. I'd say they'll sit on the bug fix list until they see some of the testing data from the first downloads

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FFS I was worried that could be the case. Complicated as well by being away from home on holidays currently so may be back home before it arrives if it is out of stock.

I'd get onto a local guy so they have it in by the time you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Have to make decision soon on new car and was thinking ID3 Tour has the battery and the tech but the ID4 Life similar money bigger car less tech. Not sure what to do. Anyone with the life are you happy with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Have to make decision soon on new car and was thinking ID3 Tour has the battery and the tech but the ID4 Life similar money bigger car less tech. Not sure what to do. Anyone with the life are you happy with it?

We picked up new ID4 Life on Thursday and its a fantastic car, has most specs anyone will need.

The ID3 is a lot smaller, the ID4 is bigger all around and you sit a lot higher, the driving position is a lot better, have a look at the attached photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

pad199207 wrote: »
    If an order is “locked in” is there any chance at all of making a change?

Trying to change from brown to grey :) tried but was told once a build week is confirmed you cant change it .....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

crassusg wrote: »
    Trying to change from brown to grey :) tried but was told once a build week is confirmed you cant change it .....

Got the same grrrr

The brown as the only interior trim option is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

robbie_63 wrote: »
    We picked up new ID4 Life on Thursday and its a fantastic car, has most specs anyone will need.

The ID3 is a lot smaller, the ID4 is bigger all around and you sit a lot higher, the driving position is a lot better, have a look at the attached photo.

I’m in the same boat. Flipping a coin between the two. We’ve three kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

ted1 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat. Flipping a coin between the two. We’ve three kids.

I think if you have 3 kids then you'll probably want the extra space the ID.4 offers

I've a 4yo and 1.5yo and went for the ID.4 for the extra space, I felt the ID.3 boot was too small for what we need

My recent trip to Waterford proved me right, ID.4 boot was definitely looking a bit full with double buggy, big suitcase, travel cot plus some smaller bags

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Picked up a life on Thursday beautiful car and really big inside. It has all the technology we need. It does not have a sunroof but that's all that's missing. If I had to choose between id3 and id4 then the id4 would win easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have two kids - 4 yos. I went for Id.3 as we already have a diesel suv that we need for towing. So that will still be doing the family trips but all the commuting will happen in Id.3. If it were to be our main car I’d go with Id.4

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

I was half thinking of the ID.4 over the ID.3 but the basic ID.4 city model is €4k more than the ID.3 style and only 145bhp rather than 204bhp plus range is less again on the ID.4 City. Factoring in 4.9% Pcp rate against 0% on the ID.3, its all adds up.

hogan86 wrote: »
    I was half thinking of the ID.4 over the ID.3 but the basic ID.4 city model is €4k more than the ID.3 style and only 145bhp rather than 204bhp plus range is less again on the ID.4 City. Factoring in 4.9% Pcp rate against 0% on the ID.3, its all adds up.

I was the same , but the 4 is a bigger car. I can live with the 145bhp, vs 204. Still pretty powerful. And the range of 350 meets our requirements. I believe that the 4 has more tech as standard.

Are you sure about the price difference?
    The ID3 life is 38,587 and the ID 4 city is 41,620 and style is 45,731
    The city is 5.9%. The style is 4.9%

fits wrote: »
    We have two kids - 4 yos. I went for Id.3 as we already have a diesel suv that we need for towing. So that will still be doing the family trips but all the commuting will happen in Id.3. If it were to be our main car I’d go with Id.4

You'll be amazed at how much you'll fit in the id3 when you don't want to drive the diesel any more ! :D

The ID4 has an optional tow hitch

ted1 wrote: »
    I was the same , but the 4 is a bigger car. I can live with the 145bhp, vs 204. Still pretty powerful. And the range of 350 meets our requirements. I believe that the 4 has more tech as standard.

Are you sure about the price difference?
    The ID3 life is 38,587 and the ID 4 city is 41,620 and style is 45,731
    The city is 5.9%. The style is 4.9%

The bigger boot would be nice but i think the bigger the boot the more crap you take. I have one year old twins and have been managing ok so far with Tesla Model 3. I just think the 145bhp would be too slow especially in the much heavier ID4 especially coming from the Model 3 SR+. The 350km range would be almost identical to the Model 3 and we have been fine with that to date and dont do massive journeys really.

Price wise I am judging by here factoring in my budget banger trade in €4k on the ID3 and only €2k on the ID4:

ID3 style €33,400: https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26482354

ID4 City €34,100 https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27342255

Its really her car and she would rather an SUV but im the car guy so she trusts my final decision. Happy to be persuaded before I commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How are people that have got the second editions city or style finding the 145bhp?

Jofspring wrote: »
    How are people that have got the second editions city or style finding the 145bhp?

who needs 200bhp in a family car anyway

Had a spin in ours at the weekend and it has plenty of power,instant when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

who needs 200bhp in a family car anyway

Had a spin in ours at the weekend and it has plenty of power,instant when you need it.

Ya that's they way I was looking at it aswell. With it being such a big car was hard to know what it was going to drive like.

• Advertisement

Very true, if it was my own car with just me driving then it would be different.

Before I go trawling through brochures,

Whats the biggest difference between the City and Style?

Eg does the City version have Matrix Led lights pr pano roof etc?

How are folks finding the brown dash on the new editions?

. I have one year old twins .

Get the ID.4!

After a while you don't notice it really, more tan color than brown

Have the UK got the option to configure an ID4 without the brown dash?

I assume this will be available in Ireland soon also,

We were worried about this before I got the car, now its here its lovely. If it were the darker dash then I think the whole interior would be very bland. So we are delighted to have the brown dash

Liam2021 wrote: »
    We were worried about this before I got the car, now its here its lovely. If it were the darker dash then I think the whole interior would be very bland. So we are delighted to have the brown dash

I usually think like that were I end up liking it or thinking that it doesn’t look too bad when I get it so fingers crossed.

I usually think like that were I end up liking it or thinking that it doesn’t look too bad when I get it so fingers crossed.

I was pretty much the same when waiting, it was the biggest thing I was worried about but now I love it. If you look at the GTX it will have a blue dash so it's a change you will love it when it arrives.

Get the ID.4!

Thats my worry - twins, if its not some sort of new buggy every few weeks then its toys and associated crap.

Thats my worry - twins, if its not some sort of new buggy every few weeks then its toys and associated crap.

Definitely ID4, the boot is a lot bigger

• Advertisement

Definitely ID4, the boot is a lot bigger

Plus lifting in and out of car seats. My twins are 4.5 now and it’s only now we don’t really use a buggy anymore that ID.3 would be practical for us. The double buggy does need a bit of room.

I couldn’t care less about the HP as long as there’s enough to overtake safely. And I think allEVs have that. Save the racing for the model 3

Advertisement