Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Looks like there's something going on in the VW shop.

If you log in it takes you to "Fahrzeugservice" Vehicle service app, it also shows you some images of Apple music.

You can add the "app" to your basket and checkout. I've signed up for it, I'll check the car in the morning to see if anything new appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’m nearly given up checking to see if the VIN has come up on MyVolkswagen.

When does it usually appear ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You can take the tipp biffo out of tipp/Offaly, but you can't take the bog out of tippbiffo

Got an email from VW WE Connect shop this morning confirming my purchase, telling me the order was activated. Haven't seen anything yet in the Car. The website is down again.

The T&Cs are interesting, I've copied a few sections below but it's not clear yet how much of this will happen and when. Looks like a new app "WE Connect plus" will be launched at some point.

Primary/Secondary/Guest/Anonymous user roles will be available.

Different types of mobile online services

5.4 The following types of mobile online services may be available in the vehicle: a) Mobile online services which do not need to be purchased separately by the user (‘free mobile online services’). b) Mobile online services which can be obtained by the user in exchange for payment of a fee (‘ premium mobile online services’ or ‘additional services’). Additional services obtained for a specific vehicle are linked to that vehicle and cannot be transferred to another vehicle. c) Mobile online services which come with a time limit (‘time-limited mobile online services’). The contractual period for time-limited mobile online services depends on the duration of the usage agreements (Item 2.2).

5.5 Some mobile online services may only be used once the primary user’s identity is established (‘ Volkswagen Ident’) and/or by entering a security PIN (‘S-PIN’). More information about Volkswagen Ident and the S-PIN can be found in the Volkswagen user account and in the owner’s manual for the vehicle. Users must treat their S-PIN as strictly confidential. If a user’s S-PIN becomes known to another person, the user must change the S-PIN immediately

Mobile keys are coming

18. Mobile keys 18.1 Depending on the model, model year and vehicle equipment, the option may be available to use mobile keys (‘mobile key’) for the vehicle. Mobile keys can be used by primary users, secondary users and/or guest users, who must have a compatible mobile device with the app installed. More information and an up-to-date overview of compatible mobile devices may be found in the Volkswagen user account.

18.2 Mobile keys may be included in a specific service package. In that case, the mobile keys may be activated within four (4) years from conclusion of the contract for the service package through installation on a mobile device (activation period); mobile keys which are not activated expire after this period lapses. Additional mobile keys can be obtained from the web shop. A maximum of fifteen (15) mobile keys may be activated at the same time for each vehicle.

First I've heard of this

II. Volkswagen Ident

Before you can use mobile online services that enable access to the vehicle (e.g. via Lock & Unlock) and/or control the vehicle’s warning signals (e.g. via Horn & Turn Signals), an identity verification process must be performed (Volkswagen Ident). 1. Volkswagen Ident process via video chat in the We Connect app For this, you have the option of starting a video call in the We Connect app and connecting to a central call centre operated by our service provider IDnow GmbH (“IDnow”). A call centre employee will then guide you through the necessary verification steps. During this, the details from your Volkswagen ID will be compared with the information on your machine-readable identification document (driving licence, identity card or passport) to check the authenticity of the details. In the course of the conversation, some pictures will be taken of you and your machinereadable identification document (driving licence, identity card or passport) and used as the basis for a biometric check, and some questions will be asked to check the accuracy of the details on the document. To this end, the appointed service provider will be sent your form of address, surname, first name, date of birth and your preferred language for the purpose of comparing the data with your machine-readable identification document and identifying you. Your Volkswagen ID (internal identification number enabling the unique assignment of your data) will be sent as well

On conclusion of the identification process, the service provider will send your form of address, surname, first name, date of birth and Volkswagen ID, as well as the time of identification, back to us for the purpose of documenting the result. In addition, the following will be sent for the purpose of documenting which identification document was used to identify you: type of document, your document number, country of issue, date of issue, date of expiry and authority responsible for issuing the document. Finally, a video recording of your identification process and the images of the identification document and your face that have been taken in the course of it will be stored by IDnow on completion of the Ident process for evidence purposes and deleted after a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours

2. Volkswagen Ident process at your Volkswagen authorised workshop As an alternative, you can carry out the Volkswagen Ident process on site at your Volkswagen authorised workshop if it offers this service. You must first complete the registration process in your personal login area in the web browser by providing your surname, first name and date of birth. On site at the Volkswagen authorised workshop, the data provided will then be compared with the details on your driving licence.

3. Amazon Alexa (We Connect)* The Amazon Alexa in-car app allows you to use the Amazon Alexa voice-controlled virtual assistant securely and conveniently while inside the vehicle. Alexa is a service provided by Amazon EU SARL, 5 Rue Plaetis, 2338 LUXEMBOURG CITY, LUXEMBOURG (Amazon); your voice control commands will not be processed by Volkswagen AG. Volkswagen AG merely provides an interface with Amazon via the Amazon Alexa in-car app inside your vehicle. All data (voice control commands, geoposition, IP address, device ID, vehicle model, access token) is sent to Amazon directly from your vehicle. 

6. Driving Data (Security & Service, We Connect) This service allows you, as the primary or secondary user of the vehicle, to have certain driving data displayed in your personal login area in the web browser and in the We Connect app. When you switch off the ignition at the end of your journey, the aforementioned vehicle data will be sent to Volkswagen AG and will then be available for retrieval in your personal login area in the web browser and via the We Connect app. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), average speed, duration of journey, distance covered (not the actual route), average overall consumption

7. Vehicle Status including Doors & Lights (Security & Service, We Connect) The Vehicle Status function allows you, as the primary or secondary user, to display various items of status data for your vehicle in your personal login area in the web browser and in the We Connect app. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), drive type, state of charge, tank levels, remaining range, odometer readings, window and door status, central locking system status, light status, time stamp

9. Area Alert (Security & Service, We Connect Plus)* The Area Alert function allows you, as the primary user, to receive a notification if your vehicle drives into or out of an area specified by you. The driver of the vehicle can deactivate Area Alert at any time via the in-vehicle settings, thereby preventing you from receiving an area alert. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), area and period specified by you, location 

10. Speed Alert (Security & Service, We Connect Plus)* The Speed Alert function allows you, as the primary user, to be informed if your vehicle exceeds a speed specified by you. The driver can deactivate Speed Alert at any time via the in-vehicle settings, thereby preventing you from receiving a speed alert.

12. Horn & Turn Signals (Security & Service, We Connect Plus)* The Horn & Turn Signals function allows you to control your vehicle’s hazard warning lights and horn remotely via the We Connect app if you are within visual range (approx. 100 metres) of the vehicle, and also to display the current warning light and horn status

22. Navigation: Parking Spaces (We Connect Plus)* The Parking Spaces service allows you to search for suitable parking spaces in the vicinity of the current vehicle location. The application informs you about the price, opening hours, distances and telephone numbers.

24. Online Anti-Theft Alarm (Security & Service, We Connect Plus) The Online Anti-Theft Alarm function allows you to receive information in your personal login area in the web browser, in the We Connect app (push notification) and/or via email in the event of your anti-theft alarm system being triggered. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), reason why and time when system was triggered

33. Parking Position (Security & Service, We Connect)* The Parking Position function allows you, as the primary or secondary user, to retrieve the last known vehicle location. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), most recent parking position when vehicle was switched off (removal of key, activation of Start/Stop button)

34. Personalisation Online (applies across all plans, if available on your vehicle) This function allows you to save your individual vehicle settings and carry them across with you to other Volkswagen vehicles. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), user ID, password, S-PIN, current privacy settings on vehicle, first name and surname, email address, username, user role, current personal vehicle settings (including air conditioning system, seat, lighting, mirrors, driver assist settings), most recently used radio stations/applications, frequent routes, most recent destinations, home address, work address, favourite destinations, preferred POI categories 

40. Streaming & Internet: Media Streaming (We Connect Plus) The Media Streaming function allows you to use various streaming services directly within the infotainment system on the vehicle without having to connect your smartphone or some other device. Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN), username and password held by streaming provider, IP address

43. Lock & Unlock (Security & Service, We Connect Plus) The Lock & Unlock function allows you to operate your vehicle’s central locking system even if you are not in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle. To this end, you can display and change the locking status of the doors and luggage compartment of your vehicle in your personal login area in the web browser and in the We Connect app. For your own security, you must define your S-PIN and this must then be entered prior to each lock or unlock operation. Before this function can be used, the Volkswagen Ident process must first be performed by the authorised party. We will store the details of all the lock and unlock operations performed using this service, along with the date and time, odometer reading at the time of the operation and the user ID and vehicle identification number, for three (3) years. This data is stored on the basis of our legitimate interest of meeting the obligations to present evidence under the product liability legislation (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). Personal data: Vehicle identification number (VIN); user ID; information concerning whether electric windows, doors, engine lid and luggage lid are open or closed and whether your vehicle is locked or unlocked; date and time of unlocking and locking; odometer reading

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

How much is this?

interesting for sure. The mobile key in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It's just telling me that my car hasn't been registered with the administration or something similarly cryptic

Did you have to do anything beyond logging in and allowing access?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Did you have to do anything beyond logging in and allowing access?

That's all, under the image of the car you can click on the link where you can 'purchase' Fahrzeugservice.

The site is back up again, haven't had a chance to check the car to see if anything has downloaded.

New version of the IOS app 1.23.0 just released as well, no visible changes I can see.

Did a long trip (120km) into the Midlands today. Mostly motorway, however there was fairly heavy traffic on the M50 and N4 as far as Maynooth

Overall consumption was just over 19kWh/100km. This is against the 22.5kWh/100km I've managed over the past few weeks of short journeys. Shows how much the consumption drops over s longer journey

If someone in a blue ID.4 was chasing another blue ID.4 on the M4 yesterday afternoon, then hello!

And sorry about going at 80 for a bit, I was a bit slow to set the ACC to a higher setting 😅

Not me, but I parked up beside a black ID4 at ballyseedy in carraigtohill this afternoon. You padraig?

• Advertisement

Also, yesterday having driven the car down to 8% battery, a charge from midnight to 9am was enough to just get me to 90%. Tis a big battery alright

What does 10% roughly translate to in km left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

If the max range is 500km, then 50km in theory? But probably 40km in real life.

Seeing ID4s everywhere now. A blue one trying unsuccessfully to leave the blue airport car park this evening. I went out the other exit, though they flew past me on the M50

Yes same here, getting more common. Still haven’t seen the same Spec as the one we are getting though with the same colour.

Still no word on delivery date….

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

40km? That's loads, I remember seeing 7km on the GOM in the Leaf with less than 10% left. Then the GOM gave up a minute later and just displayed ---km

I decided at that point I probably shouldn't detour for coffee 😂

Yeah it was like 45km on the gom. I don't believe it though. 100% for me isn't 450km. Full is 425ish given my driving. 45km is loads though. The ID4 starts barking at you with something <100km range left, and even moreso at <10%. I guess because it has 400+ range it's worth reminding a driver they're running out in plenty of time, but coming from my old ioniq 45km is quarter my range.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I get the message “You have not yet added a vehicle to your vehicle administration” and just gives me the option to go Back to the Portal, which brings me back to myVolkswagen account where my vehicle is registered…

it appears that only We Connect Start (as opposed to Plus) service is the only one currently available inIreland. When that might change is anyone’s guess.

Anyway FYIW, here is the full description of We Connect Plus Services that one day might be available in Ireland to ID owners.

https://www.myvolkswagen.net/weconnect/help/weconnectplus/weconnect_plus_en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi, just wondering if anyone's placed an order for an ID4 lately? How long from placing the deposit with the dealer should they be able to give you a build week and an application ID number to start the SEAI home charger process? What build week have people been given given so far? Thanks, D.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ordered in July. Have a build date in August. You can apply for the grant any time without having an application number. Just be. Are full as it only lasts 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Cheers Ted, yeah was aware of the 6 month time limit. I placed the order 2 weeks ago but assumed that the dealer would have been able to submit the order onto the VW system and give me a build week but nothing yet. Provisional delivery in February has been mentioned but I'm sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zentrumsounds

Long Time Lurker here. We've been waiting for a few years now until the time felt right and finally decided to go ahead with an ID.4 or Enyaq purchase. It seems almost impossible to get one though... Chip crisis and long waiting times.

We almost ordered a new one but then found a few options in some Irish forecourts (ex-Demos or vehicles that were ordered but finance fell through). In the end though none of these quite matched our spec and so we switched tack and ordered a Model 3. However last week an ID.4 turned up in a midlands garage with the ideal spec and colour so we managed to grab that. Picked it up earlier this week.

The dealer in question told us that his next batch are not due until July and that this set of ID.4s were ordered deliberately without names attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

VW's 3 year warranty isn't long when compared to Kia - 7 yrs, Hyundai - 5 yrs , Skoda - 3 yrs but this can be extended to 5 for 675e . All have a similar battery warranty. Would VW's shorter warranty not put you off a bit given its new technology?

Electric cars predate the combustion engine, it's hardly new 😁

Not sure how valid that is but good point!

Vw's 3 yrs vs Skoda's 5 yrs (extended) , VW's 3 years without option to extend seems short compared to other manufacturers.

The basic enyaq 80 with added extended warranty to 5 years is about 500 euro more expensive compared to an ID4 life 3 years warranty. Ok, Less spec on enyaq 80 and its service is every 15k compared to better spec and 30k service on ID4 Life. Would like to option to extend it though

True, it is a bit short especially considering VW is obviously pretty confident of the technology, the cars only need servicing every 2 years

Tbh, from hearing about some of the E-Niro owners, the 7 year warranty isn't that reassuring. They need to be serviced every year and the intervals are pretty short.

Also it seems that every car brand doesn't like doing warranty repairs and will do whatever they can to say something isn't covered or isn't broken

Every 2 years/30k service is attractive alright....has VW sorted out all the software glitches/bugs that were present at the start ? I presume they have at this stage. Probably too early yet, but is there any estimate of how much a service will be? And just wondering does the extra weight wear out the tyres quicker, I'm going to guess the tyres are around 150 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

has VW sorted out all the software glitches/bugs that were present at the start ? I presume they have at this stage.

Generally yes, its stable. The big exception is the charging timers. They dont work properly. You have to disable them and start/stop the charge session yourself or via your charge point timer.

Probably too early yet, but is there any estimate of how much a service will be?

I dont think anyone has seen actual figures yet since the ID cars are only out 1yr and the first service is after 2yrs. My guess is that it will be in the €250+ region since it will include a cabin filter and brake fluid change. It might even be €300+ since this is main dealer pricing!

And just wondering does the extra weight wear out the tyres quicker, I'm going to guess the tyres are around 150 euro each

If you want like for like tyres (Michelin, Bridgestone etc) they are likely going to be more than €150 each! They have big rims so the price goes up accordingly.

Anyone needing a set of tyres within 2yrs on their ID car should buy the "L Service Plan". It costs €649 and covers a set of 4 tyres and the first service (cabin filter, brake fluid, wipers). Its excellent value for money. You can buy that online from the VW website.

Would you be able to guess how long the tyres would last? Id expect to cover about 50,000km in 2 years. I know the service pack is optional with VW when purchase, so I presume I could remove the optional pack and replace with this L service plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

They wont last 50k km's anyway so it would be a safe bet that you'll get the set of tyres within your 2 year interval.

Advertisement