Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Where is the button to defog the back window? There is a “defog windows” button in smart climate but all that seems to do is blow hot air onto the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On the panel for the lights beside the steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

I have a strange one here, and it only apparently impacts Apple Music, no other streaming service. Would be great if any other AM person could chime in here. This is the issue on all VW cars that use CarPlay.

Apparently, there is an issue where by you cant stream music. It simply won't work, like there is no internet connection. You can play your own, already downloaded music that is local on your phone. But you cant stream. Anyone else see this? There are a number of reports online too, but just wanted to check in here. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yes I have had some issues with Apple Music and wireless CarPlay a while back (and my wife too). It didn’t stop me playing music but some songs would buffer/stop randomly when I was in a good phone signal area which didn’t make sense.

It’s been fine recently, not sure if an iOS update or something on VW side changed but I don’t notice it anymore. And still not sure on the root cause or fix for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭n.d.os

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Thanks, it definitely is an issue still for me on the default settings. But I found what looks like a working solution- to stop the phone using the car's internet connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

iOS app updated to 1.28.1

no changes noted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Latest on 3.0 from German forums (translated), first details I've seen on it. Week 11 starts on 14th March. Will it happen?

Current planning status: The workshop campaign for the software update 2.4 will start from calendar week 11.

Like the update of the ID. Software 2.3, the ID. Software 3.0 update will then consist of two parts. However, approval in a confirmation e-mail is not required this time, making it easier to carry out the update. After the software update to ID. Software 2.4, the update process to version 3.0 is automatically started in the backend for the vehicle. This may take a few days.

Installation time after completion of the download:

Part 1: approx. 7-8 hours

Part 2: approx. 4-5 hours

With the ID. Software 3.0, the offer concept of the Mobile Online Services will also be adjusted. We Connect Start becomes We Connect and We Connect Plus. Without activation of We Connect (Plus), only basic functions are available. After activation, the We Connect services are available without a term limit and the We Connect Plus services are available with a free term of 3 years. The already running We Connect Start licences will be converted to the new offer concept for existing vehicles.

The free term of three years then starts anew.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm still waiting for the second half of 2.3, cars telematics connection drops at least 3 days out of every week 😬

To be clear I know I should be on to the workshop to fix it, just been too busy lately to bring the car in

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I had at least ten or twelve weeks between part 1 and part 2 of update 2.3 but on an ID.3. The local dealer told me not their issue as was OTA software and like you I didn't have the time to keep chasing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Which card would be better ?

Volkswagens We Charge or ESB card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I have both those cards. I used ESB for a couple of months and it was fine (pay as you go plan). Never used the We Charge one. I've only been charging at home the last while.

It depends what your usage is going to be, how often you'll need to charge, and where you'll be charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think the ESB charge points cost more when using VW We Charge card (they did in the past) so makes sense to use ESB card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I’ve gone for the ESB card and Easygo but I’m still a newbie myself! Both very easy to use from the apps even for a technophobe like myself. Just tested out my first Combo CCS charge with ESB. Cost €4.01 for 33 mins. Energy consumed 13.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

My car arrived in cork on the 7th of Feb. Hoping for a phone call from the vw dealer very soon…….I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

No..found out from VW customer car via my VIN number

Charged to 80% overnight. Range of 308km on the clock. Not great

So 385KM at 100% or slightly less than 20% of the WLTP rating and that's in cold weather. I wouldn't say that's bad.

Mine is claiming 322 at 81%, seems about right.

I've been doing a lot of short hops recently, consumption is around 22kWh/100km. It drops down to around 19-20kWh/100km when is do longer drives

Thank goodness for cheap night rates is all I'll say 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Hi

Thinking of pulling the trigger on ID.4 Business GTX as the interest rate is only 1.9% so the repayments are a lot less than any other of the models, even less than Tiguan R-Line I have with them. Trading in my current PCP deal I will be paying €150 less per month in payments not to mention the fuel savings.

I have just moved into a house I built and have 6.1 kWp solar PV and practically all of it is going to the grid so this is another reason to get an EV ASAP.

Was looking at the Ionoq 5 and love the look of it and how it drives but with 5.9% interest payments I cant justify it...

Only problem I wont be able to get one delivered for 6 months 😪

Any thoughts on the Business GTX?? 300bhp and 4 wheel drive I think I will end up in a ditch with that much power

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

Anyone can recommend a route planner for Ireland and Europe for EV car? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

It's really depends on what suit you/your family the most, the interests rate is not too much difference between the two, if you think of interests rate, then take account in the two cars value after 2-3 years time and how long would you like to keep it.

If I am looking for an EV, practical and comfort is on top of my list. If compare the two, I would like the ID4 over the Ioniq 5. Ioniq 5 is a lovely one, but its exterior is just not my taste, and I think this futuristic/simplicity exterior will aged quicker. I haven't tested drive the Ioniq 5, but from the youtube reviews, it's not as comfort and practical as an ID4.

Regarding which trim of ID 4, again you just draw up a diagram and see which equipment/feature you like the most and then pick one up :) hope that helps. You can take a look the below for your reference.

A Better Route Planner, pretty much the best out there. It'll plan all the charging stops for you and has most of the networks in it's database

I'd advise planning ahead and looking up what charging networks you'll be using en route and seeing if you need to sign up to any of them ahead of time

Sorry actually when I got in and drove it jumped to 357km

We'll, it's an excellent car. And at least if you end up in a ditch you'll be able to get out again 😁

The waiting list is a pain, but it's the same everywhere at the moment unless you manage to nab a car in stock

I think with the solar PV you'll find the EV is an excellent way to soak up excess. There's also a V2G wallbox coming at some point this year which will allow you to use the car to power your house

It's still a bit of an unknown though, the wallbox might end up being very expensive, we'll have to wait an see

As for going electric, I'll happily say that there's nowhere in Ireland or even Europe I'd have any hesitation going in my ID.4

Maybe Antarctica would be a bit too challenging 😁

That's 450km from 100% which is good for this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

The GOM fluctuates around all over the place. Just VW trying to be too honest with temp, heating, driving style etc.😊

I suppose the car has no idea normally how long your journey will be, so range often stabilises or even increases when car and battery warmed up. I find (Or found, car gone😪) that I got a better idea of range from the battery %.

• Advertisement

There's a reason the G is for Guess 😂

I think once most people have a few long trips done you've a pretty good idea what the car is capable of

Advertisement