Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It appears previous reports of an ID.4 in Ireland may have been true, complete car got one for review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R14yMcRaAZo

It's the German model of the 1st Max which I believe is basically the same as the 1st Max here

And a lower power 58kWh id4 coming in may (likely pushed) for under €36k OTR. I hear those enyaq deposits being refunded already.

Lower power ? Jaysus. Not like the I.D 4 is fast ? how much HP has the i.d 4 got currently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Looks like Bob Flavin got a go in it as well, first time I've seen him grinning ear to ear about a car
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW7crVGm-s4

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Lower power ? Jaysus. Not like the I.D 4 is fast ? how much HP has the i.d 4 got currently ?

150kW, or 201 horsies if that's your currency

Not gonna blow people away, but I'd hardly call it sluggish

• Advertisement

And a lower power 58kWh id4 coming in may (likely pushed) for under €36k OTR. I hear those enyaq deposits being refunded already.

A lot of people seemed to go for the Enyaq for the interior, bit more traditional compared to the ID.4's

Can't say I see much savings to be had in the short term, maybe if Skoda get their own MEB factory they'll be able to undercut the VWs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It'll be like a rocket ship compared to your standard 1.6 diesel that the Irish buyer loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It'll be like a rocket ship compared to your standard 1.6 diesel that the Irish buyer loves.

Yeah, but it won't be able to do 0-100 in 0.3 of a second. That's really important in a family car, you know. :D

Yeah, but it won't be able to do 0-100 in 0.3 of a second. That's really important in a family car, you know. :D

Well when one of the kids just announces that they need to go to the bathroom NOW, then speed does become a priority

Yep, I'm with you.

You want to see everyone leaving work here every evening. We do a draw every week to see who drags who between the lights. Winners on Monday race on Tuesday and so on until the champion is crowned on Friday evening. The winner gets a €2k bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Looks pretty decent, I'll probably be interested if the 0% BIK gets extended past 2022. What are VW like for trade ins on brand new cars? Would have a 3 year old Model 3 SR+ with probably around 30,000km on it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sergijaws

So the video confirms there's a navy ID4 in Dublin, left hand drive, but ID4 nonetheless. So those 'mysterious' sightings from a few days/weeks ago might have been right after all 😉

Looks pretty decent, I'll probably be interested if the 0% BIK gets extended past 2022. What are VW like for trade ins on brand new cars? Would have a 3 year old Model 3 SR+ with probably around 30,000km on it by then.

You'd probably be able to sell that for more privately than VW will offer you.

Be careful, the Tesla fan club will send their assassins after you ;)

I don't think VW are any better or worse than other companies. You'll always make more selling it privately but they'd be pretty confident of selling a Tesla so you might get a decent price

There's plenty of people here looking for new EVs, so you might have an easy sale over in the For Sale thread.

I was getting a bit fed up of the car getting delayed but after watching both those videos I'm really excited again

Too bad I've to wait until march now, but hopefully I'll be able to drive the car somewhere by then

No not going to blow anyone away, it's decent but it's low enough for a heavy car lower isn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Well when one of the kids just announces that they need to go to the bathroom NOW, then speed does become a priority

I think 100-0 may be more important in that case..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Will be uploading a video of the ID.4 over the next few days - let me know if you want anything in particular looked at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

MarkN wrote: »
    Will be uploading a video of the ID.4 over the next few days - let me know if you want anything in particular looked at :)

Do the rear windows lower down fully? Silly maybe but really annoys me when they don't

If you could measure the boot dimensions that'd be great

Also how good (or bad) the travel assist is on Irish roads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I always hate how features are mentioned at though their on every version/spec of the car. It'd be nice if you could call out when a feature you're talking about is only on the car because it's the max version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

From what I've seen on the one in Irish vids - electric upgraded seats, wheels, roof, larger screen, HUD - they're all extras on a standard model but probably mostly standard on a max hence the significant jump in price. For the version with the smaller battery at 36k - that's fairly surprising I think. Probably the best value all rounder EV available. Boot, rear legroom etc - all looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

Cheers Mark. I’ve seen the Max @€;55k with the telescopic tow. Any chance the €43k first model is equipped with the same.

Mark you could look at the battery heater and mention it for potential buyers.

On the ID3 when you start the car and it's below 8C the battery heater will kick in and your power usage will be extremely high. This happens every time you start the car and if you're doing lots of short journeys your range will be much lower than advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Heres a quick vid on the id4

https://youtu.be/aW7crVGm-s4

Probably the first really practical family cars delivered. The tow bar and big boot make it a real contender and I'm genuinely excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Performance and handling at regular motorway speeds plus likely motorway range in average Irish weather (i.e. today).

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Performance and handling at regular motorway speeds plus likely motorway range in average Irish weather (i.e. today).

At 140...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lantus wrote: »
    Heres a quick vid on the id4

https://youtu.be/aW7crVGm-s4

Probably the first really practical family cars delivered. The tow bar and big boot make it a real contender and I'm genuinely excited.

jesus he isnt great is he, Bob Flavin.

Also best interior in an electric car? he hasnt been in the e-tron or taycan then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

Can you realistically fit 3 in the back, incl 2 in child seats? I.e. is the rear bench wider than the ID3, which is apparently wider than a Golf (which is what we have now).

Tks

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    jesus he isnt great is he, Bob Flavin.

Also best interior in an electric car? he hasnt been in the e-tron or taycan then?

I guess the argument there is around value for money, E-Tron and Taycan are better cars but do they represent good value for the crazy amount of money you're spending?

Advertisement