Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say your reg is entered into their automated text service that sends a reminder every 12 months.

I got one in October but when I rang they said it was a mistake and whoever enters the details on the system had put all the IDs down on the standard 12 month reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

As a part of my purchase, I have the option of this package for 250, think it’s probably worth it so (L package)

am I correct in saying vw kept package at same price even though they removed 2 tyres?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

As a part of my purchase, I have the option of this package for 250

Are you sure about that? I'd say you are getting the "S" plan, not the "L" plan in that €250. The "S" plan has no tyres included.

no deffo the L plan I have the print out. That but cheaper as it’s part of the deal I guess. But will make sure all the same 👍. Just need to decide between vw basic charger or connected now. About €260 of a difference. Still can’t believe vw are trying to catch people with that install price 🤦‍♂️ I’ll sort my own anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Hanlon's razor suggests this is the most likely explanation.

Must be some marketing going on there as the L service plan used include a set of 4 tyres for €648. They reduced that to 2 tyres but kept the price the same and now you are saying you have it for €250. I'd bite their hand off at €250. The tyres alone would cost more but I wonder have they just "caught" you somewhere else in the deal.

On the VW charge point.... the connected one allows you to get future firmware updates and app support. These are not critical if all you want is a dumb charge point. If you want some of their future updates then you need the connected one.

Word of warning though, they have a plan to include Solar PV in a future update (Q2 2022 apparently) but the integration is not simple and requires you to have a Home Energy Management System (HEMS) that supports the EEBus standard so dont expect that to be simple to setup like it is in other charge points which just use a CT clamp. I suspect you arent looking that far ahead since you are considering the basic one anyway?

And finally, you need to buy some additional pieces (CT clamp and connector) if you want the charge point to do overload protection. I have a post on the forum somewhere with that detail.

I should start a new thread on that charge point!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

On the new update for the battery in the vw. Would it be possible to use this with a solor panal system and put it back in uo hhd house when needed.

• Advertisement

No need to worry I didn’t get caught at all ;)

on the charger point I’m relatively new to this. What would you do to future proof the charger keeping in mind I don’t intend to go solar. would the below be sufficient load management, I would have a heat pump running by night also.

ID. Charger Connect

Charging power up to 11 kW (three-phase)

Attached charging cable (Type 2)

Alternating current (AC)

Integrated DC fault current detection ≥ 6 mA - no RCD type B required (Saving up to €200)

WiFi/Ethernet communication

Secure and stable LTE/4G mobile network communication (incl. data)

Secure data transfer according to the latest standard (OCPP 2.0)

Secure access control with RFID 

Remote access via mobile app

Remote software updates 

Plug & Charge (ISO 15118)

EEBus communication for intelligent energy management

Dynamic load management (Blackout Protection)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Finally got the second half of 2.3 today, looking forward to my new ID light features that I probably won't notice

Nice to know it works though

In other news the cellular connection issues seem to have stopped for now, it's possible it was bad signal in my area and the car got stuck into some weird loop

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Well, finally got all of 2.3 installed and I have to say I'm not impressed

I knew it was a bit of a cop out in update terms, but I thought the useability was supposed to be improved. I swear the lag has gotten worse since the update 🙄

2.3 didnt chage much that you could actually see/feel. A few small things like the home button and a few other small things but largely the same.

It is stable though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Was coming down the N7 today with the ACC on and the car literally jammed on the brakes out of the blue coming up to Kill Services. Anybody have that happen to them?

Frightened the bo**ix out of me

That can be the camera picking up a speed sign on a slip way. I've had it twice on the New Ross bypass when travelling in the slow lane, I love over to the fast lane now when coming up to the area.

Can you turn off the ACC recognising speed signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Yes, open the driver assist menu, click on the speed sign and turn it off.

I think it's called ""Speed Limit Preview"

Good economy today methinks

• Advertisement

Think it was down to 17°c yeah. Didn’t feel I needed it 🙂

Haha, I knew it 😁

To be fair I've actually been dialling the heating down a bit over the past few days, bit of warmer weather makes all the difference

I needed the AC yesterday though with all the rain, otherwise the windows would have been fogging up

Some people (not myself) have started receiving the email below from VW

Hello xyz,

We are changing our terms of use for the We Charge charging service effective April 1, 2022. Please agree to these changes in order to continue using We Charge. Approval is via email or directly in We Connect. ID app possible.

The changes to the terms of use result from a further development of the charging service We Charge. They relate to the extension of the authentication options to include the " Plug and Charge " functionality (1.5, 4.1, 5.5, 6., 7.3, 8.3, 9.1, 10.7), the option of paying with vouchers (9.1) and provisions regarding moving abroad (7.7, 10.3).

All details can be found in the updated General Terms and Conditions in the appendix.

Thank you for continuing to use We Charge!

Your Volkswagen We Charge team

Took a spin up and down the M1 as far as City North today, kept to 120km/h most of the way using travel assist, climate set to 19C without AC

Outside temp was ~9.5C

Averaged 24kWh/100km both ways, so about a range of 300km on motorway

As soon as I backed down to 110km/h getting close to the exit the consumption droped to 21kwh/100km, so would give an extra 50km of range. It's amazing the difference in consumption that 10km/h makes

Got the email, some more details

Terms of Use of the We Charge Charging Service

Version dated: January 2022.

1.5 The We Charge Charging Service only covers the charging stations displayed in the App (‘Connected Charging Infrastructure’). The We Charge Charging Service enables the Customer to charge electric vehicles at Connected Charging Infrastructure in the entire territory of use (cf. Item 1.2) via the App, via an RFID card issued by Elli (see Item 4.1 for more details) or via the Plug and Charge Functionality (authentication via the vehicle).

8.3 Before the Customer starts a charging session, the price components for such charging session (e.g. amount per kW/h or per minute) according to the agreed tariff plan are displayed in the App. This also applies if the Customer uses the RFID card or the Plug and Charge functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Yep, happens one particular place consistently for us - and it’s on the M7 northbound at that new exit junction before Naas (where the Kerry Foods offices are).

we now watch for the ‘80kmph detected’ and disengage/re-engage the ACC.

I know people give tesla a hard time about their phantom braking, but it honestly frightened the crap out of everyone in the car when it happened first! (late in the night, at the weekend, kids asleep, empty road, etc etc, and out of absolutely nowhere the car throws out the anchors on a 120kmph motorway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Big day tomorrow, picking my ID4 up from the dealer. Just wondering is there anything else I need to get sorted. Home charger is installed, I have the We charge card, ESB Acces card, easygo fob and tolltag.ie on the way.

I think you're just about sorted, just take it out for a good spin and enjoy the new car 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Anyone any recommendations on toll providers? Preferably looking for post pay and with access to car parks too!

Advertisement