Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

They seem to be under the impression that the price is locked in if ordered now. Hard to believe the dealers as another one told me the increase gets passed on to the customer regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they are saying the price is locked in make sure you have that in writing. Will avoid all the he said she said later.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi folks, i need a bit of help. I've a couple of issues around charging my ID4.

Anyone out there with an ID4 and a Zappi v2 (no solar installed yet) willing to share their Zappi settings with me? My charging is all over the place, some nights it charges then others it won't. Charge in the ID4 and in the WeConnect ID app is set to 80% yet last night it only reached 50% Before stopping. The night before it never charged at all.

In the MyEnergi app I have the charger set to Eco+ at 100% with a scheduled boost setting of between midnight & +7 hours. (These were the settings given to me by the installer) Anyone able to let me know what their settings are?

At the moment the car is plugged in and set to start charging at midnight and the Zappi is "waiting for surplus" yet the ID app keeps sending me a charging error. I've disconnected everything, opened and locked the car again and plugged the Zappin back in but I'm still getting the ID4 charging error. Any assistance appreciated,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

This is my settings Decoda for my ID 4. First pic is the Zappi App Settings and the second is the ID App Settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That all sounds correct, I've the same setup and get the same charging errors from the app

2 things to check straight away, is "Reduced charging current" set on the car, and are any charging timers/locations set on the car? If there are any charging locations, delete them, they're useless. Departure times are fine, they'll just heat the car

On the Zappi, you might have either the Device limit, or the grid limit set too low. The Device limit should probably be 32A to give 7kW charging. The grid limit should be whatever your max import current for the house is, probably 63A or so

One thing I have noticed is that if the Zappi slows the charging speed for a limit, the car doesn't always seem to speed back up once the limit is cleared

You might want to charge during the day and watch the speed in the my energy app to see if anything causes the speed to drop

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Actually since you mentioned it I tried plugging and unplugging the car a couple of times. First time I heard the lock click into place but the plug didn't seem to be all the way in. I was able to pull it out without much effort

Second time the plug was all the way in and it seemed more firmly locked in place

Seems like a bit of a design flaw with the socket design, I wonder if other type 2 sockets are like this. That's one area the type 1 is great, a much simpler locking mechanism

It's also great I managed this entire post without a single inneuendo 😂

Thanks for the replies guys, no charging locations set and the reduced charging current is off.

Only difference between my settings and paddi's is I've my "green leaf" set to 100% but as I don't have solar im assuming this shouldn't have any effect. I'll check the device limit in the Zappi but for the first fortnight it worked flawlessly but for the past 2 weeks it's a lottery as to whether it will charge overnight. One thing I've noticed is that when i shut down the myenergi app it doesn't always keep my boost settings, it seems to revert back to Manual rather than Scheduled, could this be the issue? Anyone come across that?

Edit I keep getting charging errors so went back out to the car, now everytime I plug in I get a white flashing light by the connector, 30 seconds later it turns solid red and "Please follow instructions on the charging station or use different station" message pops up in the car. The Zappi screen shows " waiting for surplus" and is set at Eco+.

If I switch to fast charging on the Zappi and set to manual it starts charging to 7.2kw straight away. When I go back to Eco+ I get the error message from the car.

Any ideas?

Post edited by Decoda on

Yeah mine can be hit and miss sometimes as well, bit annoying when it fails to charge, especially if I need a full battery

I haven't seen the myenergi app forget things, but I did notice the button to delete the schedule was really easy to press by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Sorry I don’t have a Zappi and know nothing about them but this fault you’re experiencing has nothing to do with the clocks changing has it? (Apologies if that’s a daft suggestion!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

One thing I've noticed is that when i shut down the myenergi app it doesn't always keep my boost settings, it seems to revert back to Manual rather than Scheduled, could this be the issue?

Is the hub near the Zappi? If it is on the "edge" of its range to the Zappi or you have multiple walls and alu insulation between it and the Zappi it can sometimes cause your update to not complete to the Zappi and it only tries it once, I think.

The way to be sure is to just go back out to the main screen and back into the schedule again and it will re-read the current settings and display them for you. If they have reverted it means the "push" to the Zappi didnt complete.... only real solution to that problem is to move the hub closer to the Zappi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silkcut007

Picking up my Life tomorrow at last, like a kid 😜

It's a company car, as a sales rep so I don't have a choice but excited none the less. It's going to be a bit better than my nearly 5 years old Skoda Superb which has served me well but with 180,000 on the clock she's starting to feel it. Only that old because of wait on replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My car was due to have been built last week but is now rescheduled to be built the week commencing May 9th (hopefully).

Apparently VW have been refunding loads of people because it looks like id3s won't be delivered for quite some time and the id4 is the only car they're currently manufacturing.

No suggestion is daft, I'd try anything at this stage to ensure charging reliability but I just checked both the app and the charger and both shows the correct time. Thanks anyway BlazingSaddler

The hub is on the other side of the outside wall so can't see connection to the hub being an issue but I'll send a push to the zappi and see if it's reflected on the charger. Thanks KCross

Actually there was a bug in the Zappi which caused the daylight savings to kick in on the wrong dates

Probably nothing to do with your issue but it might be worth checking if the Zappi has an update to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Anyone got the Elli charger? Mine showing two solid red LEDs and won’t charge. Electrician said it’s installed correctly.

Left and middle.

That’s a charging fault, specifically “earth leakage”

id go with the tried and tested option of reboot first by flipping the switch on it, wait for it to show green again and then try charging again.

if that doesn’t help check the cable and car charge port for any dirt in the pins.

after that it’s time to get an electrician to run some tests on the wiring/circuit… maybe a wire has loosened after a few weeks/months of use… it happens.

• Advertisement

I’ve tried the re-boot and now luck. There’s no sign of any dirt in the pins and I’ve tried 2 different cars and it’s doing the same so it’s definitely not on the car end!

The electrician came out on Friday and tested the earth as I was there and all seems ok!

I’m totally perplexed!

Just to confirm, it was working at some point for you?

Cable doesn’t look damaged anywhere?

Did the electrician open it up on Friday and check the connections were tight?

It could also just be faulty and you need to send it back under warranty! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Did you use two different charging cables Dave ? Process of elimination-

You tried it on a different car and it failed, if it was also a different charge cable that you know is good the fault lies with the unit or wiring.

It may help to be clear with the electrician that you have tested the charger on two different cars with two different cables, therefore it’s pointing at a charger / wiring issue.

Check your own car at a public point with the cable you use at home-

Pm if you need a cable - I’m Drogheda based but usually on the M50 at some point in the week.

Thanks for this!

Yes I’ve charged at a public charger so that’s all working fine. The electrician opened it up and showed me and everything looks fine and as I mentioned, he tested the earth and it was perfect.

I’m thinking it’s just a faulty unit but as I didn’t get the Elli installation package, I’m dying to see how they handle if it it’s a replacement unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Does it try and start ? Did the electrician have an amp probe on the feed through the start sequence ?

Ive had similar issues with a dumb charger-

Is the unit hand shaking with the car and going through it’s sequence ?

Once it does that the contactor or equivalent electrical control should bring on the power, is it doing this and tripping when the amps start to load up or just failing to start ?

You will be covered under warranty - worst case they send you a new one and it faults again- then it’s onto the electrician 👍🏻

It’s a tethered charge point so he won’t be able to try another cable on the same unit. Not easily anyway.

When you rebooted did it show all green and only went red when you tried a charge session?

Can you also confirm it did work fine for days/weeks and then started failing?

It never worked at all.

Tried re-booting by turning off the isolator and the trip switch. Lights come on green and then when you plug into the car, they go amber for maybe a second and then solid red.

It does try to start. It’s not tripping anything at all. No issues with the house as it was just completely rewired back in November!

• Advertisement

It never worked at all.

Aha... that changes things a bit.

Any chance you have a pic of how its wired internally? If not, could you power it down, open the cover and take a close up pic of the internal wiring and another one of the DIP switches. Post that.

My guess is that he has put the wrong wires through the earth leakage clamp. You are only supposed to feed the N and L1 wires through it.

Advertisement