Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Under warranty if there was a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Yes. Once a main dealer any of them do warranty work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes, any garage will do it. VW them settles the bill with them.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Have you a link to that video? I'd doubt 175kW is on the cards, given they shipped with 125kW. Shipping with a cautious 125 if it can do 175 feels unrealistic, but hey I won't deny it if it's on video.

Ah, found it

https://youtu.be/JZydjdzkDKc

After the 24th minute. Even shows a charging curve. 175kW at 21%

• Advertisement

That’s 440A, at 800V you’d only need 220A, huge difference.

The id4 is all 400V I thought? Even the gtx.

You can just about see it's charging at 376V and 453A. Crazy amps. Not even sure if anything in Ireland can supply that, even the ionity hubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

If im interpreting that graph and video correct.....

Big numbers in the 170 kw range from 10 to 24 percent.

Big drop off on charge curve

44 mins from 10 to mid 90 percents.....

Would a flatter 120 kw curve be better????.

It is, but the Koreans offer 800V. Perhaps VW should off went down that route

Probably. 800v only really became a mainstream thing with Hyundai a year after the meb platform was out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is the whole wave your foot under the back bumper to get the boot to open a myth? Mine never seems to work. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mine only works when I don't want it to. I'm fairly sure my car has a good sense of humour

I find the second wave of the foot will do the job generally

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That's the next platform, the SSP platform. I think the first model is expected around 2025, probably some luxury saloon.

I imagine there'll be refreshed versions of current ID models on the new platform at some stage

One thing to remember about 800V is that the charger needs to support it as well to get all the advantages. All the Ionity chargers support it, but can be hit and miss with other networks

Post edited by the_amazing_raisin on

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

just checking, has anyone with the City retrofitted a rear camera?

I know when ordering the sales guy said it could be done easy enough. I thought that the reverse sensors would be better. But there’s no distance or anything and the visibility is awful

tried an Ionity charger today. Got 36kw, about 50% charge with a cold battery. Really learning how things work now. Figured it’s better to charge with a warm battery after an hour or so than towards the start of the journey

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hey anyone ever seen this “PU Temperature Fail” message when charging from high power 150kW ESB charger? Stopped charging after a minute with this error

No messages from car itself which leads me to believe it’s an issue with charger itself?🤞🤞

First time trying to charge the car with charger over 50kWh …

(sorry for sideways pic, Boards has a mind of its own when attaching photos)

Post edited by mobyduck on

Guessing the unit itself is overheating. PU... Power unit?

Report it to ecars at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

looking at ordering an ID4 and my question is around charger install. Dealer says there's a 600 grant I can apply for. Whats the process of getting the grant and what are the best options for chargers, and any recommendation for installers in north county dublin?

Cheers,

Mick

The process is to have an electric car you can charge on your driveway, have a charge point installed by an seai registered electrician, get the grant applicant filled out and sent on. You apply and get the grant after your charge point is installed.

As for what charge point suits you, there are many factors which contribute to that answer. Try the home charge point thread. Same with local electricians/installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You apply and get the grant after your charge point is installed.

Just to clarify one important detail as it could be read multiple ways.... You apply FIRST and then you get the grant after your charge point is installed.

Thanks folks,

Dealer says car is build week 20 confirmed which put it around 14th of May. Should be realistically arrived by July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

July 2023? Yes just about you'd hope given the delays.

Well this July..I actually wouldn't mind if it was delayed a month or so

I wouldn't expect it in July given what I've heard here. Add a few months at least

hi folks,

Here's the spec on the car im looking at

ID4 GTX Business model 299BHP and 77KWH battery 480/500km All wheel drive model

10” “Discover Pro” Navigation System 

» Wireless Smartphone Charging 

» Winter Pack 

» Centre armrest front and back 

» Folding mirrors 

» 30 colour ambient lighting 

» Dimmable rear view mirror 

» 60/40 Split rear seats 

» ArtVelours Interior

» Matrix LED Headlights 

» Anti-Theft alarm 

» Tinted rear windows 

» Rear view camera 

» Keyless Access Advanced 

» Intelligent Park Assist

» Panoramic Sunroof 

» Thermal insulation and acoustic glass 

» 3-Zone Climatronic 

» Luggage Net/Net Partition

20” 'Ystad' Alloy wheels 

» Sports Suspension 

» Progressive Steering 

» Unique GTX badging 

» Metallic paint with black roof 

» GTX exterior styling 

» GTX front seats with red stitching 

» Door sills with GTX inscriptions

Moonstone grey with upgraded alloys

Question on the sunroof - when i look at vw.ie it doesn't seem to come as standard on the gtx business as part of the config? Also i assume the upgraded alloys are the 21" ones? There are only 2 options for alloys? Its the moonstone grey colour which i wouldn't probably have picked but it looks ok.

Cheers,

Mick

I think the sunroof is from the Family and further trims only I think. Unsure if it can be added to the other trims.

As far as I’m aware there are only two alloy options for the GTX

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Yes, on Family and upward on standard ID.4 but need to go for GTX Max to get it on GTX.

thanks folks - ill check with the dealer again this morning

To which I think anybody would be out of their mind forking out that amount of cash for the GTX Max trim.

€71,055 RRP ffs

yep dealer confirmed it was a mistake they stated the sunroof was included in the spec. Tweaked the deal a bit and proceeding. They seem to be quite confident about a July delivery but either way i wont be stuck for a car. We have a week in scotland driving in august which might have been easier on petrol so will need to figure out charging points etc along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Advertisement