Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

As far as I know its 5 metres. I have one but never measured it, so as far as I can remember it's looks about 15/16 feet long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The one I got was a 5m one, 32A cable

I've noticed in the German configurator for the Buzz comes with a 16A cable by default and the 32A cable is an extra

Seems like that might be the standard soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

5m 32A 3 phase came with mine, an id4 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

The middle seat is fairly narrow. We have 2 high-backed boosters either side of it and if we give a lift to another child they are pretty squished in between.

• Advertisement

Another update for the ID iOS App there but again nothing looks like it has changed.

In the business that generally means there was a critical bug fix and VW are hoping to f**k they caught it before anybody noticed 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the updates are generally for those that have v3 in their car. Without it you won’t see any additional functionality

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My salesman yesterday said its on the way to the Port.....his head must be wrecked with me WhatsApping him every week "are we there yet... are we there yet..." 😋

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭micks_address

im holding out for another week or two before checking in with mine.. he seemed confident it would make july.. for some reason im less confident but lets see..

It could be that you just missed a ship and wait for the next one or you can be lucky and arrive a day or two before the ship is due to leave and no waiting at all. But who knows these days the world is upside down

😂😂 Several boats came and went. Just giving you some expectation management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Just looking at the VW website and the configurator ... seems like prices have gone up considerably, pushing more of the ID4 models over the 60k threshold.

I think some of these manufacturers need to be taking a good long think about what they are doing to their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Unfortunately we are a very small market in the grand scheme of things, most other larger European markets aren't hitting the family sized EVs so hard with taxation. Not sure of VW pricing around Europe but a Tesla Model Y starts here around €73.5K, while in other European countries around €58K. The only good value EVs here are the smaller size cars, which cannot be got atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Was considering an iD4 GTX to replace the Cupra 4Drive but it has just gone up 11K for the buyer taking the lack of grant into account. I’m all for EV adoption but at those prices it makes no fiscal sense. I’ve put just short of 9K in Dino juice into the Cupra in just over 4 years, the car owes me nothing so I think I’ll stick for now even if the new car itch is driving me nuts! At those prices a Taycan is the next logical step 😂

Yeah the GTX business is now €64,500 which is above the grant limit. I ordered mine in February and it was around €59,500 so it would cost me 11k more if I had to buy it now.

Thing is with VW they structure(fiddle) the PCP finance rates and GFV to make the higher end models cheaper in your repayments. They want to be selling the 2nd hand higher end models in 2-3 years time not base standard models.

This is my 4th PCP deal with VW and it has worked out good for me so far. In fact I currently have a 201 Tiguan R-Line and they gave me 37k trade in for it, the dealer begged me if I was going to go with Hyundai Ioniq he would buy the Tiguan off me. Im sure I only paid just over 40k for it new 2.5 years ago. It hardly depreciated at all. So with the big deposit/trade in and they had a higher GFV my repayments have gone from €600pm to now €450pm getting a ID4 is a no brainer for me not to mention fuel savings.... The cheaper Family model was about 600pm because of a higher interest rate and a lower GFV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭micks_address

I got similar price for my 201 Tiguan 38k highlline with tech pack

Pretty similar for our Tiguan r line 202 too when trading in Got €41,000. Had to go for it!

From VW:

Dear all,

As you know, it‘s our goal and stated claim to keep you up to date with the latest developments of the ID. family. This is especially true for the development and the rollout of new ID. software.

With that being said, we are happy to provide you with new information about the ID. software updates.

First things first:

The development of the ID. software 2.4 has been completed. We will inform you about the exact date for when this starts in the workshops later this month.

What happens in the meantime?

To provide you with a smooth experience, we are preparing our workshops throughout Europe for the update. This includes, for example supplying our Volkswagen service partners with the new, improved 12-volt battery, which is a part of this free update.

In parallel, we are finalizing the ID. software 3.0 over-the-air update. This includes, most importantly, ensuring a successful installation of the 3.0 update on vehicles with ID. software 2.4 installed. We are also preparing a website page for each of the updates, which will describe the update process and the content of both updates in more detail.

When can I make an appointment for ID. software 2.4 and the new 12-volt battery?

The standard procedure of the campaign has not changed. You will be invited by your Volkswagen partner to schedule an appointment for the update after the start date has been announced. The update itself will take about one working day. Replacement mobility will be provided.

What happens after the 2.4 update?

After the workshop update has been carried out, the ID. software 3.0 over-the-air update will be gradually made available for all vehicles that have received ID. software 2.4.

We will keep you informed about new developments.

Best regards,

Your Volkswagen ID. Team

• Advertisement

"Replacement mobility will be provided"

What do we reckon, a T-Roc with a manual 1.0l engine, or a pair of runners to walk home? 😂

On balance, I think I might prefer the runners 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

If it can be done in a day hopefully we won't need a replacement in some cases. My ID.3 has been back with the dealer several times. They come to my work place, collect the car and drop it back when they are finished. All done during my work day so suits me perfectly.

That's pretty cool of them, my garage is about 2.5km away so worst case I can just walk home. Usually my wife gives me a lift as she's working from home too

Last I was talking to VW about replacement cars it was 1. AA brings your car in and enterprise organise a replacement. Or 2. VW organise the car, but you have to transfer your insurance for the day or whatever it takes.

Collection/drop off wasnt a think... Still to much in the mix of covid at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Any known issues of ordering new ID4? Seen a long delay for Nissan Leafs so seeing if other cars have same issues

All orders for 2022 are sold out. Earliest delivery will be 2023

We have 3 children- 8, 5 and a newish born. We put the newborn in the front passenger. Our 2 other children are in high back boosters and either my husband or I squeeze into the middle, depending on who is driving. I find it a bit awkward as I have to keep clipping the back children in and then clip myself in. I'm literally shoulder to shoulder with them.

It's not ideal to be honest. A perfect car for 2 children.

We're looking at the Buzz as we want a 7 seater.

By the time the 7 seater buzz is available (only the 5 seater has a release date) your seating requirements will have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Duwek

We have 3 children (10, 9 and 5) Would they fit comfortably in back? Just one high back booster. We will be selling our 7 seater which I'm not really happy about but my husband really feels electric is the way to go and there's no 7 seater EVs available yet, will probably be another 2 years

• Advertisement

There's 7 seater EVs available today, the problem is they have fairly small batteries with the exception of the Tesla Model X

Nissan Evalia, Citroen Spacetourer e-tense and Mercedes EQV are a few that I can think of

Advertisement