Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

(Editing the last post as I was completely wrong)

Since you have solar I'd recommend using the Zappi to control the charging, since it will try to use surplus energy as much as possible

The car has no idea when there's surplus, so will just charge when it's set to

However, to use the timed charging on the car, you'll want to set the Zappi to "Fast" mode so it'll just act as a dumb charger

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭micks_address

I noticed a new setting in the id connect app plug and charge? Says my vehicle doesn't support it when I click on it..this is coming and will allow reserve charging to power your home if you have the necessary connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Plug and charge is for charging your car without needing to tap a card or use an app to activate a charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I believe our cars will show support for that once they are updated to v3.0. The app has been updated in advance.

It means you won't have to tap when you go to a charge point that supports Plug 'n Charge.... presumably Ionity will support that. Its similar to how Tesla works today.... they simply plug into the Tesla charger and the charger and car exchange data and it then knows who you are and how to charge you as you will have a credit card assigned to your account. It will make the charging experience a lot simpler.... as it sounds..... plug and charge!

Anyone else have the user settings are available apply yes/cancel message each time they start driving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Are you on 3.0? I think that's going to come up every time

I think if you've multiple users it'll configure the screens, mirrors and seats (if you've the electric ones) to the selected user when you startup

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yes on 3.0 but only one user configured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Another OTA update today - minor improvements and errors fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

@micks_address Are your mats and boot liner your dealer gave you is rubber one? If they are, I’m interested in them if you want to sale. Thanks!

Carpet mats rubber boot liner but they not for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I’ve been quoted 1,150/1,200 for 4 bridgestones, 235/50R20 on the front and 255/45R20 rear

does that sound about right?

27km on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

You should be able to get a set of Hankooks or similar for less than 750 or Goodyears for 900ish. Are you going with the Bridgestones for sure?

I don't have an ID.4 but that seems excessive for a set of tyres.

Seems high at €300 a corner. Is that quote from the dealer or from a local tyre company? Either way, get some more quotes.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Size/spec of the tires means there's not a whole lot of options.

I'll be due some towards the end of the summer (a bit sickening since I've 2 tires on the service pack deal) but looking at oponeo, fronts would be €304, and €432 for the same on the rear (hankook ventus s1 Evo3).

Add €100 for a garage to fit them and that's €836. If I went for pirelli, or Goodyear etc, it might be 1000-1100. Going direct to the shop I'd expect a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

100 for fitting four tyres is very expensive. 40 to 50 is what I would expect to pay normally.

Unless you're including alignment in that too.

ouch thats a lot... hopefully i get close to 20k km as well ... ive two in the service pack... do people find you have to do the rears then a few months later do the fronts?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dingbat

Got a call from VW dealer saying they were offering 10k at 0% over 2yrs. Hadn't seen it on the VW website yet.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Think I paid €50 for 2 tyres last time. Only working off of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Whoop there it is...!!!

Picked her up this afternoon after my 6 month wait and its f**king quick!! fastest car I've ever driven (not that I have driven many fast cars...) I know its not Tesla in power but its more than enough as far as I can see. Impressed with the pulling power in the mid range also between 50-80 kph she is well able to over take. Also only at 70-80% charge and they say you need over 90% charge to get the full beans.

Anyway only driven 20km in it and I am very happy. Came with software 3.0 but there is an issue with it as it wants to update that as well and the car wont let anybody register with WeConnetID app as well. The dealer was saying they were thinking of not giving it to me as they said Germany was not communicating back to the Car the problem was with the server over there....who knows. Car does not connect to 4G automatically you have to switch that on every time you get in the car. I dont know....its all parked up now and I will mess with it tomorrow. Connected to the Zappi and its set to smart boost to 80% by 6am so we will see what happens.

Oh love the colour I picked and the matrix lights and rear lights are right snazzy 😋

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Lovely eco enjoy. Nice wheels what size are they? Re the full beans it's above 80% and under certain temp conditions etc.. you can really tell when it's all there... Push back in the seat kinda power.. loving mine so far..and the colour has grown on me considerably.. the heat Monday made some difference on the range.. if I turned on air con I automatically lost 40km range...

• Advertisement

They are 20's I got the service pack for €360? which included 2 tyres..I know two 20 inches will cost around 400 as it all day long, so it looked like a good deal.

I didn't even know about the service pack till sales guy emailed me on that's included..he reckoned it was worth 920? Two tyres, break pads and filters if required

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

I had the exact same with my Weconnect ID and the ID4 last week when collected. Simple fix tbh.

Got to settings -> Wifi and connect to your home Wifi with the car.

Click on the planet in the main screen and click on the manual update available.

Let it run until you get the confirmation that the update was successful.

Reboot the Infotainment system and check that all permissions in settings are activated.

Go to User and activate and scan the QR Code with the Phone app.

Good to go. This should fix anything and we will also abele to use the shop and download games etc.

Enjoy and welcome to the ID4 Mafia.

Cool that worked a treat and I'm up and running....the Zappi smart boost didn't work last night for some reason. Might look at those settings later.

The service pack with 2 tyres has the usual conditions as my sales told me. Within the three years of running, if they think the tyres are still with good treads then they won’t change two new tyres not sure if your salesman told you that?

You would want to be doing very small mileage to not burn 2 tyres on these cars over 3 years. Don’t rotate the tyres and the 2 rears will need changing.

Anyone knew or came across that saving the user setting on the car? The car I have is GTX Business. But every time there is a message of there is new setting would you like to use/update (something like this), then if I press yes, then it changed the setting I just set. So I wondering where I can set the setting including mode , lights, a/c etc and save them so next time when I on the car I don’t need to set it every time. Thanks.

I have same issue... Seems to have stopped last day or so.. maybe give it some time..friend got a new skoda enayq and had same issue for two weeks and it just stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

€156 for continental fronts and 212 for rears on oponeo.

my local lad fits them for a tenner a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Guess whos upgrading from his ID3.

Yes, moi.

Deposit paid on a silver Life DX. Should have it by end of next week or week after. Hopefully🤐

Advertisement