Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Including. Rear bench 4ft wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Update from VW, my car has moved to the ordered phase. Didn't bother to ask what phase it's been at since September

No update on delivery date, presumably still late March

I suppose on the plus side, VW have acknowledged my existence and have deemed me worthy of owning one of their cars :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sergijaws

Update from VW, my car has moved to the ordered phase. Didn't bother to ask what phase it's been at since September

No update on delivery date, presumably still late March

I suppose on the plus side, VW have acknowledged my existence and have deemed me worthy of owning one of their cars :)

Who gave you the update: your VW dealer or VW Ireland? I ordered mine in November and shortly after that the dealer told me my car was scheduled to be built in WW03. That was all before the lockdown in Germany, and like you since then they've told me end of March/start of April.

Sergijaws wrote: »
    Who gave you the update: your VW dealer or VW Ireland? I ordered mine in November and shortly after that the dealer told me my car was scheduled to be built in WW03. That was all before the lockdown in Germany, and like you since then they've told me end of March/start of April.

VW dealer

Saw a trick from the ID.3 forum, if you ask for your commission number you can add the car in myvolkswagen

Apparently when you see a VIN, then the car is being built

Not exactly a delivery date, but you'll be able to keep an eye on things without going through the dealer

For anyone interested, I found the ID.4 owners manual online

Haven't gone through it in detail but I imagine it's basically the same as the ID.3 one

EDIT: forgot the link
    https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/id4-other-features.514/page-2#post-5438

• Advertisement

For anyone interested, I found the ID.4 owners manual online

Haven't gone through it in detail but I imagine it's basically the same as the ID.3 one

Can you share the link?

Sergijaws wrote: »
    Can you share the link?

My bad, tried attaching the PDF and realised it was too big. I assumed my post had been deleted for that reason

Edited my post to have the link to where I got the manual

My bad, tried attaching the PDF and realised it was too big. I assumed my post had been deleted for that reason

Edited my post to have the link to where I got the manual

No worries. Found the pdf myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

I was told late May by the main dealer in Cork if I was ordering now. Hopefully yours will come next month!!

Gazzler82 wrote: »
    I was told late May by the main dealer in Cork if I was ordering now. Hopefully yours will come next month!!

Was that a 1st edition or the series models?

I think the series models have gone on sale in Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

Was that a 1st edition or the series models?

I think the series models have gone on sale in Germany
    1st I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Gazzler82 wrote: »
    1st I’m afraid.

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Volkswagen’s ID.4 is heading our way. Is it worth €36,000 of your money? Michael McAleer

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/volkswagen-s-id-4-is-heading-our-way-is-it-worth-36-000-of-your-money-1.4472352

"So as a rule of thumb, the ID.4 delivers a bit more space, a bit less range, for roughly €3,000 more.

Volkswagen has promised to deliver a wide array of electric models in the coming years, but for now its latest addition is something of a modified edition, a tweaked body atop the same platform, coming to the market at a higher price. On first impressions, I’d still be opting for the ID.3."

cannco253 wrote: »
    Volkswagen’s ID.4 is heading our way. Is it worth €36,000 of your money? Michael McAleer

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/volkswagen-s-id-4-is-heading-our-way-is-it-worth-36-000-of-your-money-1.4472352

"So as a rule of thumb, the ID.4 delivers a bit more space, a bit less range, for roughly €3,000 more.

Volkswagen has promised to deliver a wide array of electric models in the coming years, but for now its latest addition is something of a modified edition, a tweaked body atop the same platform, coming to the market at a higher price. On first impressions, I’d still be opting for the ID.3."

Might need to fact check a few bits of that article, I thought the ID.3 Life had the smaller motor as well

I can see where he's coming from though, if you don't need the extra space then the ID.3 is probably the better choice, especially at the base trim where I suspect the ID.4 is going to lose it's premium interior

For a family with young kids however, I don't think the ID.4 can be beat

At least he didn't go comparing it to the Model Y :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Might need to fact check a few bits of that article, I thought the ID.3 Life had the smaller motor as well

I can see where he's coming from though, if you don't need the extra space then the ID.3 is probably the better choice, especially at the base trim where I suspect the ID.4 is going to lose it's premium interior

For a family with young kids however, I don't think the ID.4 can be beat

At least he didn't go comparing it to the Model Y :)

I thought it was a fair article, in relation to the quoted ID.3 Life afaik in the UK it appears to have the 204HP and 58kWh Battery with 100kW charging. It's hard to know here but I presume similar.

Looks a great car the ID.4, imagine it will sell well. Really depends if you need a big car..

VW here are only bringing in the 204 and 148 versions - along with the high performance version at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Has anyone got delivery dates confirmed in Ireland for ID4 yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

I booked a 1st edition yesterday with a Dublin dealer and was told the end of next month. However, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Very excited - have been silently stalking these threads for a while (thank you all for your wisdom) and this car ticks all the boxes for me. Family size, range to drive anywhere in Ireland, doesn’t look weird, good tech.

ConorF wrote: »
    I booked a 1st edition yesterday with a Dublin dealer and was told the end of next month. However, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Very excited - have been silently stalking these threads for a while (thank you all for your wisdom) and this car ticks all the boxes for me. Family size, range to drive anywhere in Ireland, doesn’t look weird, good tech.

Best of luck, seems like a lovely car. Do note that on a motorway at 120kmh when it is 5C and raining the range will not be much more than 300km. So yo can go anywhere in Ireland as long as you live somewhere in the middle. Don't expect Cork to Belfast in winter at 120 in winter

Just setting expectations. In summer at 100kmh and nice warm weather range will be close to 500km.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

WattsUp wrote: »
    Best of luck, seems like a lovely car. Do note that on a motorway at 120kmh when it is 5C and raining the range will not be much more than 300km. So yo can go anywhere in Ireland as long as you live somewhere in the middle. Don't expect Cork to Belfast in winter at 120 in winter

Just setting expectations. In summer at 100kmh and nice warm weather range will be close to 500km.

Thanks, yeah, point taken. We do monthly trips from Dublin to Limerick (where there’s another home charger) and it looks like it’ll do that fairly handily, which is the key for me. May have to talk to the wife about the tropical atmosphere she likes to maintain inside the car.

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah, point taken. We do monthly trips from Dublin to Limerick (where there’s another home charger) and it looks like it’ll do that fairly handily, which is the key for me. May have to talk to the wife about the tropical atmosphere she likes to maintain inside the car.

Limerick to Dublin is well served by Ionity at Kill North and South, with 4 chargers at each station you should always get a charge if needed. I think VW have a reasonable deal on Ionity for year 1 anyway. You can probably do 150kmh all the way with cabin set to 35C and still not sweat, over ranger anyway!

BTW, while the heater does have an impact on the consumption in cold weather there is a much bigger hit from just battery efficiency. Even if left heater off the ambient temperature will still knock chunks off ranger in winter.

WattsUp wrote: »
    Has anyone got delivery dates confirmed in Ireland for ID4 yet ?

I'd be fairly confident over the March delivery date as that's when the UK will be getting their cars as well. I'm guessing VW will probably do the RHD vehicles in a big chunk

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

That's about 200km, we can manage it year round in our Ioniq but need to do to 100km in winter. Looking forward to getting the car. Our dealer still clinging to the end of this month early next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

Hi folks,

Where would the ID.4 fall comfort wise compared to the VW range, will be buying a new car in the next year and like the look of this one, are we talking Passat like comfort?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

cannco253 wrote: »
    Volkswagen’s ID.4 is heading our way. Is it worth €36,000 of your money? Michael McAleer.

Rubbish. Same person stated the kona was great value at 37k over a year ago despite being small and having a poor interior.

Id4 crushes kona and he's burning his credibility on saying it doesn't offer good value for money compared to an id3. Please Ignore this nonsense.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

where can it be got for 36k? I thought it was 41 something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

graememk wrote: »
    where can it be got for 36k? I thought it was 41 something.

After the 1st editions will be a lower specced, smaller battery version available for 36k

Hi folks,

Where would the ID.4 fall comfort wise compared to the VW range, will be buying a new car in the next year and like the look of this one, are we talking Passat like comfort?

thanks

It's hard to say because not many people have actually sat in one

Looking at the top trim (1st Max) it certainly looks comfy. Nice spec seats with heating and massage in the front. Most of the reviews have mentioned how the seats are particularly comfortable

Two things that won't change on the lower trims are the space and the middle seat in the back

The cabin looks very spacious and you can fit a 6 foot adult in the back, behind a 6 foot driver and still have legroom left over

No transmission tunnel in the back also means you get a usable middle seat. I'm not sure I'd try squeezing 3 rugby players in the back seat for a cross country trip, but you can probably get 3 adults in for a shortish journey

Physically it’s along the lines of a Tiguan. Passat wise, the ID4 has more interior space. Huge roofline so tonnes of head space. The switches such as indicator stalks etc are your typical VW, steering wheel is the newer version as in the ID3 and I think the refreshed models like the Arteon shooting brake. Overall, it is VW evolution but there are dash areas that the Golf could be perceived as slighter higher grade plastics (around the light cluster), parts of the dash below the halfway line etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

in the 77KW ID.4; what is the story about the back-middle seat? could you fit 3 adults in the back?

Advertisement