Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Interesting. For straight cash, what sort of money of the ROTR price IS a deal? We'd be interesting in the id4, and I'd sell my own privately, and any deal I can get would greatly increase my wife's chances of agreeing.

You could just lie to her about the price and say you got a deal :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Interesting. For straight cash, what sort of money of the ROTR price IS a deal? We'd be interesting in the id4, and I'd sell my own privately, and any deal I can get would greatly increase my wife's chances of agreeing.

To be honest it’s not my place to say on here, but if you ring around the garages (there are a lot) that can all sell you the same car on your home country you won’t be long finding one willing to do a deal.

Some garages are offering 3k scrappage even........

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

L-M wrote: »
    To be honest it’s not my place to say on here, but if you ring around the garages (there are a lot) that can all sell you the same car on your home country you won’t be long finding one willing to do a deal.

Some garages are offering 3k scrappage even........

Would need to find something to scrap.

Limerick ain't too far from cork.... L-M is Limerick man yeah? Boards.is discount

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Anyone heard anything on availability? Really doubt what the dealer is saying if end of this month/start of next.

Anyone heard anything on availability? Really doubt what the dealer is saying if end of this month/start of next.

Haven't heard any updates, but the UK cars are due in March so I'd say ours will be delivered around then as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I don't see why not, I believe most of the first shipment have been built since December.

v10 wrote: »
    I don't see why not, I believe most of the first shipment have been built since December.

Oh they're building them and delivering them to customers in Europe, there's plenty of videos of new owners from Germany and the Netherlands. They just haven't built the RHD cars yet

I checked my order on the myvolkswagen site and it doesn't have a VIN yet, which means it probably hasn't been built. I ordered back in September, so if they were building RHD units I'd expect it would have been built by now

I think there's a bunch of factors affecting delivery dates

1. Production slowdown due to Covid
    2. Surge in demand for the US menaing they allocated more vehicles to that market
    3. Waiting for the 2.1 software which will enable the OTA updates
    4. Because of Brexit, it suspect cars sold in the UK don't count towards VW's fleet CO2 emissions. This means they're less valuable compared to cars sold in the EU since they won't stop VW from being fined. Since Ireland is one of 2 RHD countries left in the EU, and we're a tiny market, we basically got delayed until the UK deliveries starter

Oh they're building them and delivering them to customers in Europe, there's plenty of videos of new owners from Germany and the Netherlands. They just haven't built the RHD cars yet

I checked my order on the myvolkswagen site and it doesn't have a VIN yet, which means it probably hasn't been built. I ordered back in September, so if they were building RHD units I'd expect it would have been built by now

I think there's a bunch of factors affecting delivery dates

1. Production slowdown due to Covid
    2. Surge in demand for the US menaing they allocated more vehicles to that market
    3. Waiting for the 2.1 software which will enable the OTA updates
    4. Because of Brexit, it suspect cars sold in the UK don't count towards VW's fleet CO2 emissions. This means they're less valuable compared to cars sold in the EU since they won't stop VW from being fined. Since Ireland is one of 2 RHD countries left in the EU, and we're a tiny market, we basically got delayed until the UK deliveries starter

Yes those are all factors I guess, if the car is not yet built, which may well be the case. I know when I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, I was told the car was already built and would ship late Feb/early March, he was able to bring the car up on screen and show me the exact spec of the car I was purchasing as it was built in December (dealers words not mine). He implied the first deliveries/orders arriving in Feb/March would be all this way, i.e. already built.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yes those are all factors I guess, if the car is not yet built, which may well be the case. I know when I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, I was told the car was already built and would ship late Feb/early March, he was able to bring the car up on screen and show me the exact spec of the car I was purchasing as it was built in December (dealers words not mine). He implied the first deliveries/orders arriving in Feb/March would be all this way, i.e. already built.

Ask your dealer for the VIN. If it's already built he'll have it. If he doesn't... :P

If you can't get the VIN, get the commission number and set the car up on the Myvolkswagen portal.

Ask your dealer for the VIN. If it's already built he'll have it. If he doesn't... :P

Oh I'm under no illusions that the salespeople will say whatever it takes, I was simply passing on what I was told. I'll believe it when I see it myself.
    If you can't get the VIN, get the commission number and set the car up on the Myvolkswagen portal.

Will do, thanks. [edit] whats the url for that ?

• Advertisement

Will do, thanks. [edit] whats the url for that ?

Try this
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/myvolkswagen.html

Ask your dealer for the comission number to add your car

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

FYI in the context of discounts etc ... as soon as I mentioned company purchase I was offered (without really asking) a 10% fleet discount on ID3 or ID4. - so up to 10% discount is easily achievable for company purchases at least....

catharsis wrote: »
    FYI in the context of discounts etc ... as soon as I mentioned company purchase I was offered (without really asking) a 10% fleet discount on ID3 or ID4. - so up to 10% discount is easily achievable for company purchases at least....

I should have setup my own company so :(

You don't get the SEAI grant though, or the VRT rebate I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I should have setup my own company so :(

You don't get the SEAI grant though, or the VRT rebate I think?

You get VRT rebate but not the SEAI.. Also, i asked about fleet discount & the dealer said I would need to be buying at least 5; that said, heard this before on a single motor from someone else so maybe should have pushed it

Try this
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/myvolkswagen.html

Ask your dealer for the comission number to add your car

Thanks, have the VIN now and registered on the site .. so I can assume it is indeed built

Thanks, have the VIN now and registered on the site .. so I can assume it is indeed built

When did you order? I ordered way back in September and I don't have a VIN yet :(

catharsis wrote: »

That fleet discount no longer applies as too many companies were buying them. So you cannot expect 10 percent off anymore.

Also, just for the record, there may be demo models mid March but customer order will not be in the country until end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

That fleet discount no longer applies as too many companies were buying them. So you cannot expect 10 percent off anymore.

Also, just for the record, there may be demo models mid March but customer order will not be in the country until end of March.

Cheers for the update. Probably means April delivery at the earliest then I assume? Nearly 2 months later but hopefully worth it! Just a bit awkward trying to time the sale of our own car and dealer still saying the end of the month!

When did you order? I ordered way back in September and I don't have a VIN yet :(

About 3 weeks ago!

I just called dealer and asked for the commission number, then entered that into the vw site and my vin was visible along with car spec.

Loads of the cars are built and assigned chassis numbers, but that doesn’t really mean anything or that the shell of the car has been produced. It doesn’t mean it’s been assembled if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Loads of the cars are built and assigned chassis numbers, but that doesn’t really mean anything or that the shell of the car has been produced. It doesn’t mean it’s been assembled if that makes sense.

Damn, I'd heard if it got a VIN it was likely to be assembled in the next few days :(

Damn, I'd heard if it got a VIN it was likely to be assembled in the next few days :(

No, as an example I have one there that the shell Was started on 12th of Jan and finished 20th of, it finished being assembled on 26 of Jan but hasn’t moved since.

I hate being the straight talker here always, and it’s easy for me as I’m not a salesman trying to fob you off because the car is delayed, but none of these cars are going to be in the country until the end of March, we got confirmation of that.

No, as an example I have one there that the shell Was started on 12th of Jan and finished 20th of, it finished being assembled on 26 of Jan but hasn’t moved since.

I hate being the straight talker here always, and it’s easy for me as I’m not a salesman trying to fob you off because the car is delayed, but none of these cars are going to be in the country until the end of March, we got confirmation of that.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by shell? Is it the physical body of the car or just a line in software or something else?

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by shell? Is it the physical body of the car or just a line in software or something else?

Sorry the body of the car. That’s what the chassis number is assigned to.

Sorry the body of the car. That’s what the chassis number is assigned to.

Ah I get you, so getting a VIN means the shell is built or being built but there's no guarantee they'll be putting that on top of an MEB chassis anytime soon

Ah I get you, so getting a VIN means the shell is built or being built but there's no guarantee they'll be putting that on top of an MEB chassis anytime soon

Yeah or visa versa, I don’t actually know which is built first to be honest, but the chassis number is usually assigned to the body of the car and not to the platform
    The batteries are on.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think your straight talking is appreciated. It's like an AMA almost. Very refreshing

Fair enough, guess we'll find out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

My ID. 3 Vin appeared on the portal on 22/1 and according to the dealer, the car is on a boat now.

In Germany, the lads are able to go behind the portal and actually see what build stage the car is at. The build time seems to be around 3 days, with very few exceptions. The final point in the factory is CP8. Then it takes up to two weeks to appear at the dealership. There then seems to be a two week registration process before they collect it.

There might be a further delay with the ID.4 if they don't want them to be released with the 2.0 software. They might hold built cars until they can put 2.1 on them.

• Advertisement

My ID. 3 Vin appeared on the portal on 22/1 and according to the dealer, the car is on a boat now.

In Germany, the lads are able to go behind the portal and actually see what build stage the car is at. The build time seems to be around 3 days, with very few exceptions. The final point in the factory is CP8. Then it takes up to two weeks to appear at the dealership. There then seems to be a two week registration process before they collect it.

There might be a further delay with the ID.4 if they don't want them to be released with the 2.0 software. They might hold built cars until they can put 2.1 on them.

I understand how the system works, I can see every stage the cars go through the factory, each stage date by date. The build time is not “3 days” without exception and it doesn’t take 2 weeks for the car to get to the dealership. There’s so many varying factors. For example i have a car that’s sitting at the port in Germany since the 14th January and it still isn’t in the country because of a backlog of cars at the docks.

The ID.4 is different to the Id.3 as the they are already being produced as normal.

Advertisement