Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d say dealers aren’t getting anywhere near €50k as some of them have been sitting on the forecourts for 3 months. Swapping into a Tesla MY for small money won’t be for everyone but it’s an opportunity that won’t be there for long. Grant reducing in July and used car prices starting to slide. That said the ID4 has a larger battery and nobody is exactly sure what range the €53K MY will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

I see it more like that the current cars are bad value IMO

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Comparing wltp to wltp there's ~50km less range in the MY, though the id4 winter range is reportedly a much bigger drop than others, so overall there might not be much in it.

Did ~250km, 200km at 120km/HR the rest was a roads and towns, and ended with 70km on the GOM. Not exactly cold, and not noticeably windy, so a bit disappointed in the range I got. 24kWh/100km average.

I've no real reason to look at changing. More than happy with the id4 to date, and the MY style inside (UX) and out does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ha, true, I feel like whoever does the pricing of pints at a festival is in charge of setting the prices of the ID cars now

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

and the MY style inside (UX) and out does nothing for me.

I would have agreed with you 1 year ago, but as a technophobe I now love the simplicity and UI of my Tesla.(After about the first 10 minutes of using..🙂) And my previous ID.3 was a lot simpler than my Missus's Ioniq before. Looks of any car are subjective, but efficiency and aerodynamics always wins for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I think you’d want to be saving at least 5k to even entertain going with a good low mileage 2nd hand over a new id4? The cheapest if the 77kwh is roughly 51k now with 174bhp engine.

Think the 204bhp is something over 53k inc delivery?

that said where are Vw cork getting their prices from? Base model 59k below. Surely a mistake but with them you wouldn’t know…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Mad money but as it has only 500km, it’s probably dealer registered and wouldn’t have got the €5K grant. The 204 version is €53K approx after grant. It might have metallic paint and a few inconspicuous extras.

Depends on the spec, for example if I sold my 1st Max for what I paid for it, you'd be saving nearly €15k versus the cost of a new Max but it would be more than the Life version

Ya I suppose I should have added people looking at base it nearly base spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

My ID4 decided I wasn’t logged in and hadn’t been for a while and that I needed to re login, did that on my phone scanning the QR code etc, but now I seem to have lost functionality in the WeConnectID app - I can no longer change the charging profile (between immediately, preferred times or for departure time). I’ve never been able to find the location of the car on the app either which I think someone further up said you should be able to do. Any ideas what I’ve done wrong or not done? I assume I am even using the right app - WeConnectID?

• Advertisement

That new lock symbol in the App doesn't appear to work or even reflect the lock status of the car after the 2 updates. only thing that is helpful is the battery % on the wheel screen.

Having my car in the garage for 3 days, waiting another 4 months for the update part 1 and 2 (after multiple fails) is a lot of trouble to go to fo that % sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

just about 6 months ownership of my gtx business edition. No major problems/complaints. Be interesting to see in 2.5 years what the model line up might look like.. i really like the all wheel drive, the power above 80%. To be fair.. even 200 bhp isnt bad.. i wouldnt mind a bit more range.. and the lack of physical buttons for temp control on the infotainment and no backlighting is just an unforgivable miss.. ill definitely be above the grant threshold next time out. I've been lucky with timing last few changes - i just got a Tiguan before covid started - and got a cancelled gtx last summer without having placed an order. My trade in price for the Tiguan meant i had to put nothing into the id4 and my pcp payments hardly changed. Only possible as the tiguan had gone up in price by 10k over the 2 year period so i got a very decent trade in price. Also got in with the gtx before the price increase. Long way off before changing so no point in overthinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I can see myself financing the baloon payment on our 1st edition and holding on to it for at least another 3 years. Doubt there's much value to be had changing.

Interesting, it works for me, maybe the app isn't syncing?

There's an option in the app settings called "optimised battery use" which should make the car update the app quicker

Thanks, range etc is updating straight away. Car location and locked status will not work. Both car app and car software are up to date

Did you check the privacy settings on the car? I'm pretty sure location is disabled by default, can't remember about lock status

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Anybody have any issues with charging with their Zappi after updating to 3.0. Didn’t touch any of the charging settings on the Zappi nor the car since the update and now it won’t charge the car.

EDIT: got it working. Yours truly didn’t have the cable fully connected 😆

Is car location available on 1st editions do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

I think the latest App update (Android at least) broke some things.

I can no longer see parked location (sharing location in privacy settings as I was before)

I can no longer change the charging options from the app: Charge Immediately/ For departure/ for departure with pre conditioning

The start AC used to work perfectly for me, now takes 3-4 attempts

Very annoying as it was pretty reliable for me before the last update...

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Start AC certainly has taken a step in the wrong direction. Originally it was as bad as you describe, then it was great (1 touch to get it working), now it's bad again.

• Advertisement

It should be, mines a 1st Max and it works so I can't think of any reason it won't work on the 1st editions

I think you might be right, mine wasn't working for a while but is showing the parking location now

I know you won't be able to see the car location if you aren't the last user signed into the car

I wonder if the app update disrupted that and you needed to sign in again

getting some serious winter range, seems to be since I installed the update… temp isn’t bad I know but I still hit those temps prior to Xmas without getting that range

I had 386km on an 80% charge yesterday morning. Ambient temperatures are back into double figures though.

Warmer weather is helping, 12C outside is pretty easy going. Definitely seeing a range boost here as well but I'm not sure it's update related

Anyone ever try to connect their ID4 to WiFi at home and get a message saying "The network's security setting is not supported". It's also not picking up the 5Ghz signal from my router. I'm with Virgin Media.

It's the 1st time I've tried to do it.

I had that problem too. With my old Eir Modem. We had to get a new one as it was knackered and the ID 4 was able to connect to it no problem.

It doesn’t seem to do much when it’s connected to the home wifi other than receive internet radio stations

Does it not? I thought it might get the update faster. We've a brand new router, which works with every other device.

That completely makes sense , however I noticed this last week when weather was 7c right after update. 53% = 241km range. system could have been calibrating perhaps

• Advertisement

Is there anyway to turn off the welcome user profile screen when you turn on the car?

Its annoying having to tap OK every time the screen comes on after update 3.0

Advertisement