Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just as an example, see attached.

The car would have a chassis number since “start body shell” but it didn’t actually leave the factory for a further month (that’s how long it took for it to be built).

It then took a further 3 weeks and some to get to the country, and then it also has to go to the compound, then to the garage which can take another week.

And that’s for a run of the mill Passat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Yeah some folks seem to want to do the cannonball run across France, doing it non stop all the way. If someone is commuting then I can understand the desire to get home as fast as possible, but I don't think the same logic applies to holidays. Doesn't seem like much of a holiday to be driving yourself to exhaustion

I definitely couldn't do it myself with two young kids (4 and 1 years old). Doing even a 3 hour drive would be challenging with them

I should warn you however, that a lot of fast chargers are in motorway service stations. I don't know what they're like in France, but if they're similar to Irish ones then you're definitely not going to be finding healthier food than Macdonald's :)

My neighbour done Dublin to Lithuanian in 33 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Phil.x wrote: »
    My neighbour done Dublin to Lithuanian in 33 hours!!

36 hours in an ID.4 according to the route planner, nearly as quick :)

Total 6 hours of charging stops, longest one being 53 mins somewhere east of Berlin. I'd say by that point you'd be needing a decent rest!

It's quite interesting actually because you can see the cars are approaching the level where they can keep going when the driver can't.

I can't imagine many people could do the trip in an ICE vehicle in less than 33 hours, so losing 3 hours to charging isn't too bad. If the car was a tiny bit more efficient or charged faster then it might make it in the 33 hours

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

36 hours in an ID.4 according to the route planner, nearly as quick :)

What do you use for route planning?

I drive around the country for work, so will need something like that when the ID3 arrives.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

dublinscot wrote: »
    What do you use for route planning?

I drive around the country for work, so will need something like that when the ID3 arrives.

ABRP (a better route planner)

Tis decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Should I see anything else in the weConnect portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

L-M wrote: »
    I understand how the system works, I can see every stage the cars go through the factory, each stage date by date. The build time is not “3 days” without exception and it doesn’t take 2 weeks for the car to get to the dealership. There’s so many varying factors. For example i have a car that’s sitting at the port in Germany since the 14th January and it still isn’t in the country because of a backlog of cars at the docks.

The ID.4 is different to the Id.3 as the they are already being produced as normal.

In fairness I was talking about experiences of buyers in Germany. Normally the build takes 3 days, but cars have been held at the CP8 post build inspection point for a week, or even two. If something is found during the inspection it would need to be put right.

Deliveries to dealers in Germany aren't at the mercy of ship space availability or port congestion, so their 2 week delivery time is possibly quite accurate. Then they have to wait for registration, it seems.

Of course, we live in exceptional times so the factory output could be slower, or stopped completely. It seems that there are a lot of cars on hold, or frozen.

I'm still hopeful that my car came in on the Schelde Highway which offloaded in Dublin port yesterday. It came from Zeebrugge, not Emden. But a man can hope, right?

ABRP (a better route planner)

Tis decent.

+1

It's got presets for various cars including the ID series and you can adjust variables like weather and speed

It generally seems pretty accurate and tries to optimise your charging times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭boccy23

So decision made. Next company car is an ID4. We lease it so it will be arriving to us in May. Didn't go for the Max as the lease was nearly €300 extra per month and also brought the BIK back on the table. It will be the Manganese Grey Metallic.

Excited now!

boccy23 wrote: »
    So decision made. Next company car is an ID4. We lease it so it will be arriving to us in May. Didn't go for the Max as the lease was nearly €300 extra per month and also brought the BIK back on the table. It will be the Manganese Grey Metallic.

Excited now!

Best of luck with it, let us know how it goes! :)

What kind of daily mileage would you be doing, out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭boccy23

Best of luck with it, let us know how it goes! :)

What kind of daily mileage would you be doing, out of curiosity?

Part of the reason is to get away from BIK. I am now (or should be!) generally office based. It is 70 Kms a day. But I also go to Cork from Kildare 2-3 times a month.

The lease is 110,000 KMs over 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

boccy23 wrote: »

Excited now!

Manganese is a nice colour but it's very dark. There's a few ID3 around in that colour if you want to see it in person.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Manganese is a nice colour but it's very dark. There's a few ID3 around in that colour if you want to see it in person.

I didn't go for it myself as I'm fed up of grey and black cars, but having seen a few videos I can see the appeal

It has a nice kind of shine that black cars don't have, and I'd say the thing will stand up to road dust and dirt quite well and still look good

I didn't go for it myself as I'm fed up of grey and black cars, but having seen a few videos I can see the appeal

It has a nice kind of shine that black cars don't have, and I'd say the thing will stand up to road dust and dirt quite well and still look good

I got the basic grey colour on my ID3. Was just the colour I liked the best and I think it suits the car.

I think the ID4 would look quite good in the yellow colour but I couldn't see myself buying that one.

Spotted on Facebook but in the configurator the hitch and heat pump are now available on the 1st edition at no extra cost. Anyone heard from their dealer about this?

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/ID4.html#CONFIGURE

Spotted on Facebook but in the configurator the hitch and heat pump are now available on the 1st edition at no extra cost. Anyone heard from their dealer about this?

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/ID4.html#CONFIGURE

I noticed if you select those options it says no price information available. I guess they just haven't filled in the prices yet

If they were free though that'd be pretty awesome

They are definitely not free lol

I'll take them for free if that's what VW are offering!

I'll take them for free if that's what VW are offering!

My guess is someone was updating the website and has made a booboo.

They are definitely not free lol

Any sign of the prices yet? I've been asking the dealership but they keep deflecting

I'm guessing if they're available as options then someone must know the prices

• Advertisement

Any sign of the prices yet? I've been asking the dealership but they keep deflecting

I'm guessing if they're available as options then someone must know the prices

They’re not available as options, not that we’ve been notified anyway. I can’t see how they would be, the 1st has been launched months now and half them have been built, can’t see why they’re change the offering now.

They’re not available as options, not that we’ve been notified anyway. I can’t see how they would be, the 1st has been launched months now and half them have been built, can’t see why they’re change the offering now.

Not sure about that, the ones in Europe have the option of both, so maybe they're gearing up to offer it to Ireland

The heat pump seems a long shot as that's factory installed, but the tow hitch is a retrofit job anyway AFAIK so could be an option

Oh sorry the Tow hitch is definitely an option.

Can’t remember the prices but thinking it was around €1,000 plus Vat plus fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

Oh sorry the Tow hitch is definitely an option.

Can’t remember the prices but thinking it was around €1,000 plus Vat plus fitting

I was quoted €2,200 + VAT, which seemed a bit steep to me, but there you go.

mad_iguana wrote: »
    I was quoted €2,200 + VAT, which seemed a bit steep to me, but there you go.

Yeah I was told around 2k including labour, I don't think I'll be going for it at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

Any ID4's in Ireland yet. Heard one was due in this week or next but can only be used as a Demo/test car.

ANYONE else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Signing up for one next week, dealer says they're arriving mid-march.

Summer8181 wrote: »
    Any ID4's in Ireland yet. Heard one was due in this week or next but can only be used as a Demo/test car.

ANYONE else hear this?

There was a LHD press car here a while back that come car reviewers were driving

Other than that I highly doubt we'll be seeing any before mid-March

Dealerships are likely to get the demo cars at the same time or even after first customer deliveries, same as the ID.3 went

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Mine is due in start of April and the garage will only have a demo last week of march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Someone mentioned a few pages ago about scrappage deals on the ID.4.

I see that Divanes in Kerry and Blackwater motors in Cork seem to be offering something, but am wondering if this is nationwide?

https://www.carsireland.ie/2698052
    https://www.blackwatermotors.ie/volkswagen/new-vw/id4/

Advertisement